Green Knight Berry Bomb Experiment #2 - LED

That's cool; I might have to be careful then with other strains though. She must have stretched 6" above the screen under cfl, with little stems, but she's stretched over a foot under this led with fat ass trunks of stems - to the point I think I'm going to supercrop one just for the sheer satisfaction of the 'crack'.
A stretchier strain might cause me problems though

Mate, it's incredible. I honestly cannot believe this light, it's a completely different plant. I reckon I might defoliate in the next few days to slow the stretch; it'll be day 21 from 12/12 and they're already over a foot long. Height is getting a bit tight, I can raise the light a few more inches but she's gone up more than 6" in less than a week. I cannot wait for these to fill out!

I really dont think you will see much more stretch.
Mine did the same thing but then stopped. I only super cropped the stems, a few weeks into flower, that are way taller.

Holy shit bro!! Ive been readin up on this journal an im blown away. I seen your grow is a few days more into flowering than my BB homemade aero/dwc an yours look way better than mine. :adore:

Cheers Gandhi, good to have you along - thanks for the kind words. This light's really made a difference - my last grow was a clone of this and exactly the same nutes etc, but with a cfl. Completely different! What lighting are you using? You should get a journal up mate; the help and advice people on here give is invaluable, it's made all the difference to my grows.

I am running 1k watt HPS for flwr and vegged 4 weeks under 1k MH. I had limited money so had to go a little cheaper than i would have liked. Im hoping to start a journal on the next run as i need an air-cooled hood and a better setup, temps giving problems this run trying to run that light in a 4x4 tent.

Nice, sounds a good set up mate, plenty of light and space. You've got everything you need to get really good results, and if you're getting problems with temps etc then chuck the journal up on this grow and people will be able to help you out.

I decided to open the door zipper tops and middle down while leaving both bottom sides still zipped and set a/c in the window. Got temps down just around 70 and gettin 65 to 55 at lights out

Decided to defoliate today. It's day 21 from 12/12 (day 13 flower) and the stretch has slowed. The height's also getting a bit tight so this should slow any further strecth if it was going to happen. The RH has also dropped this week back down into the 40s which is great. It seems she had a massive burst shortly after 12/12, and now stretch is coming to an end she's settled back down. She's just starting to frost a little now so I think things are about to kick off.

Here she is before the deoliation:
IMG_19567.JPG

IMG_19578.JPG

IMG_19587.JPG

And after a heavy strip:
IMG_19649.JPG

IMG_19718.JPG

IMG_196111.JPG

There are so many bud sites, and they're so much more developed, than under the cfl.
Just for comparison (although it does feel a bit like kicking a man when he's down), here's the cfl at exactly the same point, just before and after the day 21 defoliation.....same plant, same nutes, same conditions.... just 75w less power:
IMG_14836.JPG

IMG_14858.JPG

IMG_14899.JPG

IMG_14917.JPG

It always freaks me out after the 21 day defol.
They look so naked you wonder if you took too much off!
But then a week later!?
You're happy you took as much as you did.
looking good Mr. Knight.
Right on track
:thumb:

Incredible thread, thanks for all of the great information shared through your grows, a little late, but I'm in!:thumb::thumb:

Thanks tweed, good to have you along mate. Perfect timing, you're not really late - I think it's just about to kick off

It always freaks me out after the 21 day defol.
They look so naked you wonder if you took too much off!
But then a week later!?
You're happy you took as much as you did.
looking good Mr. Knight.
Right on track
:thumb:

Cheers Vick. Yeah, I know what you mean with the defol. I do like the way it suddenly opens up all the plant to light, but it does look a bit extreme initially

Back
Top Bottom