Green Knight Berry Bomb Experiment #2 - LED

Thanks Jon. I really want to document the differences as much as possible for each grow, and make each one a kind of experiment so I learn something every time. The small space helps really because I can take photos of near enough the same scale and proportion that make it relatively easy to compare between them.

Cheers for the reps too - you've got some oomph! in your reps now haven't you!!

You know I think the plants age has something to do with it too. The only real way you could of compared equally is to take a clone and stick it under the LED.
No mater what I think your going to get double the harvest.

I know what you're saying, but putting age aside this plant has been under 30w, 125w, then 30w again, then 125w over a period of 6 months so I've got very in tune with her. Led for a week and the difference is huge. The only single variable that's changed is light.
I don't think age is a factor because a clone is always the age of it's mother. The previous grow was a clone of this plant so would have behaved exactly the same way, and if I took another clone and put that under the led instead, rather than flowering this mother, the clone would still be the same age as the plant currently under the led.

Thank you for the reps hank & bid, very kind of you.

She's had 24h of dark now so when I turn the light back on a bit later today it will be day 1 of 12/12. I'll do the res change today or tomorrow and increase the EC to 1.7 and add Canna Boost. Should hopefully see flowers in a bit. It was 11 days from 12/12 to flowering in the last grow so it will be interesting to see if it's any faster with the more vigorous growth, and what kind of stretch I'm going to get.

So let the 2nd half of the GROW SHOW begin.

Great to see the side by sides GK.
You're well on your well to dialing this scrog and strain in!
reps!
:bravo:

Thanks for the reps Vick.

So we're now on 12/12. Here are some photos shortly before the lights came back on after just over 24h of dark:
IMG_17765.JPG

IMG_17785.JPG

I took a couple of cuttings and these are rooting downstairs:
IMG_17818.JPG

IMG_17827.JPG

IMG_17837.JPG

I've discovered another benefit of leds. After increasing the EC to 1.7 when I checked her least night I noticed the tips of four or five leaves stood out bright orange under the led - just the very first hints of nute burn:
IMG_18337.JPG

I lowered the EC to 1.6 and it doesn't seem to have got any worse. The EC also appears to be dropping slowly again.

I had a look today just before lights on and this damage is almost invisible and looks green under normal light. Under really close examination you can see some slight differences and discolouration to the rest of the leaf. This would have been really hard to spot under the cfl, but under the led it looks luminous orange and gives a nice early warning the nutes are a bit too hot.

We'll see how things go over the next few days - week, and as soon as flowers show I'll switch to the Flores nutes.

Shortly I'll germ my Super Lemon Haze too, which will be my next grow, and depending how this grow goes I'll either keep one of the rooted berry bomb clones in stasis for the future, or go with a different strain.

IMG_18358.JPG

IMG_18367.JPG

Hey hank - I think this update will help!

I cleared out under the screen to open it up a bit and help airflow etc. It's a 3.5" net pot so I reckon the stem's maybe 3/4" dia. Next time I do an update I'll take a photo with something for comparison.
You can see she's pretty ragged; no training as such, she's just been repeatedly hacked back to size on a pretty much weekly basis between the age of 3 and 6 months
IMG_18389.JPG

IMG_18406.JPG

She's filling the screen nicely and the roots are nice and healthy:
IMG_18428.JPG

IMG_18416.JPG

IMG_18438.JPG

IMG_18445.JPG

Here's the last cfl grow at exactly this point (Day 4 12/12):
IMG_142511.JPG

IMG_142815.JPG

Back
Top Bottom