Green Knight Berry Bomb Experiment #2 - LED

Hi guys I hope you don't mind gk but I'm hoping someone can help me with my babies. I did the 21day defol on them today and found some seed looking sacks on one plant which was a random seed. Obviously it's turned hermi but I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if they are seeds or pollen sacks. Hope you don't mind gk cheers mate.
20130401_125010.jpg
20130401_125010-1.jpg

Don't know if I've done the pics right or not this is my first go

No problem at all hoddog - but sorry mate, as wildbill already said those are male flowers. You can try and nip them off and keep a close eye on him/her, but it's a risk if you've got other plants nearby

I did a big defoliation today. She's growing really fast under this led and it's really vigorous so I think I'll flip next weekend - I'm expecting her to grow a lot more during stretch than she did under the cfl so flipping sooner rather than later may be better. So the plan is this is the last major defoliation until stretch finishes. She's got 5 days or so to recover and then 12/12 from this weekend.

I've also got the RH up by putting a glass of water in the cabinet and keeping the main cupboard door closed - I'm not getting any issues with the res temps rising as I had done with the cfl (the led is much better with temp than the cfl - the cupboard's staying at 25C) and the RH has increased from 25% to 50% which I'm much happier with.

Some photos, not entirely sure how well they come up under this light though - very purple!

Today before defoliation:
IMG_17609.JPG

IMG_17616.JPG

After:
IMG_17638.JPG

IMG_17657.JPG

IMG_17687.JPG

Loving it. Why defoliate?

It opens the plant up to the light - a lot of the branch sites are shaded by the fan leaves so stripping the leaves lets the light get to these. Doing it in veg also gets her used to it because once I flip to 12/12 and stretch has come to an end (around day 21) I'll give her another heavy defoliation to allow the light to fully penetrate all bud sites

ahh..so thats the purpose. to let the lower branches catch up..got ya.

As long as all the other conditions are right and the plant's not stressed when you do it then you don't really notice any negative effects bmeat - within a couple of days the plant has re-leafed and a lot of the less developed growth that wasn't getting much light has started to fil out.
Unfortunately with the single cfl of the last grow there wasn't enough light penetration and distribution other than directly under the bulb, but with this new led I should have more than enough light I hope to sufficiently cover the whole screen, and penetrate down to the screen itself. I'll defoliate again once stretch is over to let the light get to all the buds, and this time round with the extra light I should get a better yield I hope

Yeah, they're a really weird light, and the colour changes depending how you look at it. It doesn't look that purple in the flesh though, I think it's the UV coming out more in the photos - it's more of a white colour with tinges of red when you look at it with the naked eye. And you're right, it does appear to penetrate right into the plant a lot better.

I do like the berry bomb. It's a really nice smoke and is very potent, but it's quite creepy - it takes a good few minutes for it to settle in, and then you go to do something and you suddenly realise you're really stoned when it takes you about three times longer than it should to do what you wanted! You can function on it to an extent which is good, it's just not great for doing anything that requires a lot of thought, unless you allow yourself plenty of time to think!

Back
Top Bottom