Thew1sest's First Closet Hydro, SCROG, CFL Journal

The time is getting closer to harvest those beautiful nuggets....nice grow....

Thanks Anonymous 669, I'll be posting some more pics right before harvest and right after the chop, also I want to get a shot of before and after the dark period to see if it does have any effect on the resin gland production.

:peacetwo:

Hey there, looking real good :thumb:

I agree with you on waiting... we non-commercial growers have one thing going for us, time. I like the idea of having it, gives us just that much more room to maximize our personal grow potential the best we can :)

I agree with Mr K on LST for the "easier" factor alone. I would have had a hell of a time with a SCROG even in soil :rofl: I am sold on LST!

I wish I could grow one plant outside and try LSTing on it... could you imagine a 10'X10' square of canopy off one plant??? I must be high right now...:lot-o-toke:

Great job man!

Not that high...check it out:

YouTube - Jorge Cervantes: Medical Marijuana Outdoor Gardens Tour - 10lb.+ MEGA Plants!!

Hey just swinging by to check up. I always like a good cfl lst journal. Great looking plant. And awesome about the buds the entire way down!
How do the trichs look on the bottom compared to the top! Looks like there is nothing to block light getting to the bottom of the plant so it seems like all the buds shoul be relatively uniform!
Great work man. +reps

Well I did do a bit of fan leaf trimming down below, despite most people's eeerie fear of it, but I've done my fair share of reading and trimmed down on the fan leafs after the plant was done stretching. So when we compare to a full plant on a large scale I probably wouldn't of trimmed them. The increase air flow down to the bottom nugs and increased light penetration, in my opinion, has benefited the plant more on a small scale type grow than it would if the fan leaves were there. The nugs all have even trichome distribution, exactly what I was looking for. The bottom nugs are just as frosty as the top ones.

Started a 3/4 flush today with just a littttle bit of nutes, than 5 days before the chop and 36 hrs before the dark period I'll replace with completely RO water to give it a total of 7 day flush with pure RO water... We'll see though!! hahah ;)

:tokin: :morenutes:

Well I did do a bit of fan leaf trimming down below, despite most people's eeerie fear of it, but I've done my fair share of reading and trimmed down on the fan leafs after the plant was done stretching. So when we compare to a full plant on a large scale I probably wouldn't of trimmed them. The increase air flow down to the bottom nugs and increased light penetration, in my opinion, has benefited the plant more on a small scale type grow than it would if the fan leaves were there. The nugs all have even trichome distribution, exactly what I was looking for. The bottom nugs are just as frosty as the top ones.

Started a 3/4 flush today with just a littttle bit of nutes, than 5 days before the chop and 36 hrs before the dark period I'll replace with completely RO water to give it a total of 7 day flush with pure RO water... We'll see though!! hahah ;)

:tokin: :morenutes:

Tell me more of this 3/4 flush you speak of. before a pure flush. This is very interesting.

Tell me more of this 3/4 flush you speak of. before a pure flush. This is very interesting.

Well, I'm not sure if I made it up or not I just read and am just trying stuff out. So for a sativa usually calls for a bit longer flush period lets say 10 days. I'm running a full hydro bubble bucket setup so required flush can be 3-12 days, depending on who you ask. So when I'm about 14 days from my scheduled harvest date and the trics are looking 5% amber just a bit. I use 3/4 of my total volume in my bucket just plain RO water. While the other 1/4 of my solution is just Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom A and B. So 1/4 strength solution you might say. After half the time has passed for your flush lets say your doing a 12 day flush... Day 6 I take the 1/4 solution out and put just my flushing solution in. In hydro, if you switch to completely RO water after a high ppm nutrient solution you get a reverse effect that can actually damage your roots and overall plant.

So for a recap. I take my total flushing time (12 days) and for 6 of those days I use 1/4 strength nutes and 3/4 RO water for my solution to lower the ppms in a slower rate. The last 6 days I switch completely to RO water or whatever flushing solution you may use. To completely get rid of all nutes and salts that are not being used for plant intake. Hope that explains it.

:morenutes:

Happy 420 day, w!sest! Getting close now brother - I should be harvesting soon too - can't wait. Just think of the awesome stash you're going to have soon. :thumb:

Yes it definitely does. Thank you very much for that! I would like to see where you read that, but either way it definitely merits a try at least. Seems very logical.

Exactly it sounds logical so I'm going to try it. I cant remember were I read it I'll do some searching when I get some time off in a few hours and get to celebrate properly!!! However The sudden drop in ppm in hydro environment makes some kind of reverse pressure?? I cant remember for the life of me what it is... but I'll get on it in a bit. Happy Holiday!

P.S. The buds literally are pulling the plant over from swelling, its bending the branches so I had to twist tie them to the wire that's propping the main cola up. Great 420 so far from just seeing the bud swelling, and I haven't even hit the glass yet! (Cleaned it nice n purdyy) I'll snap a few pics of my 420 setup in a bit.

:cool:

Same post from the general 420 area but I I'd throw it in my journal for any onlookers to take a peek at...

Alright Happy 420 to everyone on this forum, it has been an awesome sight to see information be passed around from grower to grower in every grow style imaginable! Just thought I'd throw out what I'm using today to get the Mary Jane from Point A to Point B.

Feel free to post what you're using today to celebrate 420 in style, (If you can crawl to the camera and snap a pic from the couch~lock state ;) )

First up is a 26" tall glass on glass Sour Tube. Beaker style bottom with ice pinches. No percs, just my preference, with custom down~stem.

Photo04201355.jpg

Next is the same tube from above...however I connected my vaporizer whip to an old bowl piece (I took off the mouth piece of the whip and connected it to a bowl I had laying around so it fits in the bong) So, instead of hitting the bong... You're hitting the vape, through the bong, and ice adds the coooolest of rips.

Photo04201356.jpg

Happy Burnin' and learnin' 420 magazine! Lets see some pics if you can lift a finger

:slide: :cheer::420::yahoo::woohoo::goof::roorrip:

Alright snapped a few quick photos with the phone today, First is of the bud, they're packin on weight and pulling the branches over (Not a bad thing), second is overall shot, and third is size comparison with the main cola. More pics to come shortly, busy time of the year right now.

Photo04211033.jpg

Photo04211034.jpg

Photo04211035.jpg

Yellowing is due to nute deficiency, shes starting down the end of the road, still doing 3/4 flush with 1/4 nutes, in few days well have a full flush with RO water, to get salt and remaining nutes out of the bucket.

:peacetwo:

Hey Thew1sest I saw you on xlr8's thread and had to check the pre-harvest pics :tokin:

Photo04181535.jpg

What a cool looking girl! I think she'll be easy to trim too haha.

I have some TW seeds but the first 3 didn't sprout, looking forward to your smoke report down the road.

Sorry I missed your grow but congrats and happy harvest!

Hey Thew1sest I saw you on xlr8's thread and had to check the pre-harvest pics :tokin:

Photo04181535.jpg

What a cool looking girl! I think she'll be easy to trim too haha.

I have some TW seeds but the first 3 didn't sprout, looking forward to your smoke report down the road.

Sorry I missed your grow but congrats and happy harvest!

Thanks brotha, I have a few seeds in a shot glass as we speak in a makeshift veg cab I threw together in 15 min! Round 2, comin' up

:cool:

Hey bro congrats on the seeds cracking, that's step 1!

What do you mean, test this bay out?

In your pic there's what looks like a cut down milk container with hydroton? What is that? Thanks.

Hey bro congrats on the seeds cracking, that's step 1!

What do you mean, test this bay out?

In your pic there's what looks like a cut down milk container with hydroton? What is that? Thanks.

Yeah It's a gallon water jug cut in half, than filled with hydroton, filled with RO'd water just below the hydroton surface, than the grow-cubes go into black square container with slits in the bottom to allow water to seep into the grow cubes. (fits 4 grow cubes) After my seeds are cracked in the distilled water in the shot glass, I put them into a grow cube. They only stay in the germination box till they break surface and are seedlings. Than they go in the propagator (Hydro bucket) to start the veg process.

O and by bay I meant baby, (Highh typo) and by baby I meant Marijuana plant, and by test out I mean smoke ittt. Hope that clears it up for ya.

;)

Back
Top Bottom