First Time Grow & Journal - 250W HPS - Closet - ScrOG - Random Bag Seed

Back again and I swear this girl just doesn't stop growing! Shes doing me proud so far :high-five: Surprised to see how quickly she was going through the water since starting to fill her up completely, Come back in just under two days and the soil is bone dry so I guess shes loving it!

400w and 4" fan and filter are on order and should be here any time before Wednesday!

I'm not quite sure when to make the switch to 12/12, because I have no idea what strain Im working with nor how much shes going to stretch. I'm unsure how much I should fill my scrog screen to work with the stretch as well. Hopefully someone will have some suggestions? :scratchinghead:!

Woke up this morning to this.
23_11_2015.JPG

23_11_2015_2_.JPG

After a tuck.
23_11_2015_5_.JPG

So any ideas how much to fill this out before the switch? As you can see im running out of room around the top sides but alot of room around the bottom.

Also just want to share these because I never took any pictures with the lights off before and I love how green she looks
:grinjoint: :yummy:

IMG_025044.JPG

IMG_025145.JPG

Any ideas of what strain she is? I haven't got a clue..

Thanks as always :thumb:

Hello all! sorry for the long update been very busy with family members in and out of hospital so on and so forth, so not found much time for browsing here atm!

But back to the plant, shes been on flower for just over a week now and making massive progress. Iv stopped tucking her now.. just gonna let her grow and see how she finishes out. Very very very happy so far though :D :D

This was her just after waking up this morning.
07_12_2015.JPG

Guys Iv noticed a few small sacks appearing around some of the tops! in my last picture im not sure if you can see the lighter tops im assuming are going to be bud sites? well just below them are little sacks not very large. could i be dealing with a hermie? iv looked up how to identify male/herms/female but all signs of sacks point to males although some sources did say give it a week or two to see if two white pistons sprout out but the tops are literally covered in white hairs so i dont really know? ill upload pics asoon she wakes up tomorrow.

So these are the sacks that are forming, not massive clusters but sacks no the less.

After a close inspection this morning I did find a sack that had sprouted a white hair which gave me some hope shes going to pull through and not be a hermie but its not looking great.

what do you guys think?

Don't stress... you are seeing normal female parts, not a hermi. If she had been pollinated those swollen calyxes would have seeds in them... but in sensimillia, all they will contain is oil. Nothing to see here... all normal.

Don't stress... you are seeing normal female parts, not a hermi. If she had been pollinated those swollen calyxes would have seeds in them... but in sensimillia, all they will contain is oil. Nothing to see here... all normal.

As always Emilya coming through with the knowledge :clap: , glad to hear everythings okay :D thank you. :thumb: :thanks:

So back again, just over two weeks into flower now and still showing positive signs! (apart from these damn sacks and possibly nanners appearing?) I know the mighty Emilya said not to worry but :bitingnails: :bitingnails: :bitingnails: :laugh: but ill show you what i mean later, now some shots!

Two weeks in.
15_12_2015_2_.JPG

12_15_2015_2_.JPG

15_12_2015.PNG

These are little things still appearing, I know like Emil already said just normal parts but gotta make sure!
12_15_2015_4_.JPG

She's starting to smell some what, not quite sure what but its a really sweet lovely smell, cant wait for the finished product.

@TameGuerrilla Thank you! Just checked out your autos and subbed! was looking alot into autos before i changed my mind to do photos. gonna keep an eye on yours and maybe give autos ago for my next journal!

Thank you Shiggity! I had my suspicions.. Iv read about that theres a few reasons this could happen most likely being a light leak during darkness hours but i know theres no leak so could it possibly a temperate issue? gonna go ahead and try get rid of as many of them i can find. will this effect the overall yield and quality of my bud? Im not so bothered about losing a few grams here and there or picking out a few seeds but I dont want to end up with dud weed thats not going to do the job :rollingeyes:

Some plants are just more inclined to go hermie, it's in the genetics. I don't think it is anything you did. Just keep on it like a madman checking each bud each day and tweezering any make flowers. If one does open and you see yellow pollen hit it with water to deactivate the pollen then tweezer it off. Be on the lookout for nanners, little yellow male parts inside the buds that look exactly like little bananas. If you see them wet spray and tweeze them too. Do all this and I think you will be exhausted but can still get some very good bud off of her. Then next time go to a sponsor and buy a nice seed!

Literally went straight at it with the tweezers yesterday as soon as you confirmed the male parts, id read up somewhere before about tweezering the sacks and nanners off. Over the past two days i must have pulled easy a 100+ sacks thats not even counting nanners. Also had to defoil quite abit to make life easier finding the sacks and everything else :rollingeyes: :rollingeyes: although out of ALL i pulled off of her i found only ONE sack actually burst and sprayed pollen when i pulled it off, this one sack looked alot less green than the rest and quite abit larger so im hoping i got the majority of them off before they got chance to finish.

horrible things.
IMG_044026.JPG

Im also quite worried about the coloring of the hairs on my buds. since iv been grabbing and turning them over and everything else theyre no longer long and white but curled and brown.
IMG_043431.JPG

So yeah moral in the camp is at a all time low! :straightface: May possibly throw in the towel and start a fresh, going to give until christmas day to surprise me or ill have something new set up ready for jan 1st. :surrender: :rip: :surrender:

Wow good work. Yeah from handling the hairs will go brown but that's ok. New ones will come with new white pistils. You have to think of the positives here. You are showing dedication to your plant and learning your craft. These lessons will go a long way. You are doing what is necessary. This is your first grow and you have already built a cabinet and successfully turned around a watering problem. And you have buds! Pat yourself on the back. Just try to avoid bagseed for the next grow as it is much more likely to have come from a hermaphroditic plant. No one tries to sell seeded buds so any seeds in a bag are an accident. Still it was good in a way because now you know how to identify make flowers, you have seen literally hundreds of them! Better to learn now with one plant than three years down the road when a hermie may spoil a ten plant garden of yours.

Start looking around the seed banks for a good feminized strain with a good track record. Find one that has a lot of grows on the Internet.so you can see what to expect. Then buy the seeds and go for it. By the time you get it in and planted and germinated, this bagseed here should be close to harvest time. Just keep picking off the male flowers and see how big you can get the buds. You will keep learning things that will be useful for the next grow and journaling them to help other growers. It's all good.

Look at your first pics and how lost you were. Look at the lush green plant you have now!!!! Imagine if that was an AK-47 fem seed plant. Then realize that you have done well.

Look at your first pics and how lost you were. Look at the lush green plant you have now!!!! Imagine if that was an AK-47 fem seed plant. Then realize that you have done well.

The motivation I needed so thanks for the words shiggity :thumb::Namaste: Iv been going through the plant searching for pods every morning and it looked asif i had got the majority of the pods but the nanners are alot harder to find and there seems to be alot of them springing up in clusters, its going to be a challenge to pull this through. This morning on inspection I found a cluster of nanners had exploded leaving pollen on one of the leafs, no idea how long it had been burst for but the pollen no doubt had been thrown around the garden so ill give it a few days and see the damage. Theres no doubt going to be a few more of them found.

got a 1mx1mx2m tent reserved ready for collection and going to start my search for a new a good trusted breeder and strain. any suggestions on a good strong fem strain would be much obliged. :byebye:

Back
Top Bottom