Anomoly's Big Bud 800 Watt LED/CFL Grow

I'll chime in thanks on the fim info too. Just did my first fim.

Sweet I hope it works out as good for you as it has for me:thumb: It really is good when you are working with a small amount of space or a small number of plants and want more yield. I think it would work really good in conjunction with a SCROG grow but I have not tried it yet. In other news the storm in California Might as well be a hurricane:thedoubletake: We got like 40-70 mile an hour winds and its just pouring. I got leaks everywhere almost every tree in my back yard has been blown over:surrender: I just want this storm to pass and I am hoping the blackouts don't go into the night or I may have to fire up a damn generator to save my ladies lol I am glad now I time my lights to be on during the night because we have been having power outages the whole day. Supposedly there are tornados happening here in Cali?? Its crazy here right now. Heres a pic of what I can see from my window, I have never seen winds like this in california.

IMG_05118.jpg

That sucks dude. Looks like Florida in October.

Ya really wierd for Cali:thedoubletake: The power has stabilized now and have not had any power scares since the grow lights went on, hope it stays that way:goodluck:

Ya really wierd for Cali:thedoubletake: The power has stabilized now and have not had any power scares since the grow lights went on, hope it stays that way:goodluck:

Man, that looks like bad day in Hawaii! Lived all over Cali and have never seen that, floods yes, but that? Good luck on the power. I would hate to go out and start a generator in that. Been a bad winter all over. :smokin:

Man, that looks like bad day in Hawaii! Lived all over Cali and have never seen that, floods yes, but that? Good luck on the power. I would hate to go out and start a generator in that. Been a bad winter all over. :smokin:

Ya I have seen a lot of wierd stuff in cali but never had 70 mile an hour winds it was hectic, Finally we got a little break today in the weather so I was thankful for that:slide:

Last Night I turned the LED's on Full spectrum to see what temps would be like with all lights on full power and its looking like temps are stable around 79-80 which is fine with me, no breakers popped :tokin: So I am going to leave them on the full spectrum setting for the remainder of the grow. The amount of light in my tent is quite obscene but thats how I like to roll:thumb: Heres a quick pic I took with the full spectrum on, it hurts to look in so I couldnt get a good picture without my sunglasses handy lol:hookah: I got to say even with all the new expensive LED lights on the market I am still impressed with the performance and pure brightness of the Pro grows. Looking at the panel lit up you would definitely suspect more than 250 watts. Its too Bad Ben the owner has a customer service deficiency or I would say for the money these are the best lights you can get, was only $400 for my pro grow opposed to $700-1200 for other comparable models. As much as I love LED tech I cannot justify purchasing one 600watt LED light for $1200 that is just ridiculous at that point for me the cost far outweighs the benefit of using the LED. For that kind of money I could have a insanely decked out HID/CFL/Flouro Grow. I think the only benefit there is on those High dollar LEDs is for people who just absolutely cannot use HID's for whatever reason but still want a larger or High yielding grow, or for summer grows since LEDs temps are lower. Anyways thats all on that rant:tokin: hers a pic of the full spectrum running. Oh and I decided to FIM all my Pre Veg clones. Originally I was going to let them grow natural for a comparison and just work on some huge trophy nugs but I scratched that, I want like 6 tops on each of those babies!!:smokin:

IMG_05125.jpg

Hi Anomoly23! Really enjoyed your last post as I am still mad about my dealings with Ben at HH. He made me so mad I wanted to immediately pack up my PG260 and send it back. I didn't though and instead put it over one of my nicest plants that was on day 7 of flowering. It had been sitting solo under a 400w CMH before I did the switcharoo. Long story short the plant is doing frigging fantastic. I think the light might be a real keeper. Shame that I don't think I can stomach buying another.

While hanging the PG260 I managed to bang my head with it and took notice of another nice thing. The ventilation slots are fairly wide and I found I could see inside pretty well. I found the entire backside of the LED is covered by a heat sink. I don't know how my other panels get cooled but I don't see anything like this.

Anyway, I am enjoying your thread. Everything looks great and I am happy you survived the storm ok. Have a good one.

Thanks For stopping by Supergravy:thumb: Im sorry you had a bad experience at HH too. It really is too bad because the lights I think are great. He has a unique way of dealing with his customers he is very defensive and very unprofessional. I am glad you are enjoying the thread and the LED ended up working out for you:slide: Yes the heat sink is awesome idea especially since its coupled with three cooling fans. I think there are a few other LED light companies that use heat sinks but not sure. The lights are working out great for me I cant wait to se what happens during flowering:yummy: Hope you stick around for the ride:surf:

I have a ton of old mac CPUs (they have huge heat-sinks in them) so I started putting heat-sinks on the top of the hoods that house the hps lights.

What I do is attach the sink to the top of the metal hood. Then I direct a fan toward the Heat-Sink. It works when you are fighting to get a few degrees cooler inside a cab when the airtemp starts to go 70+

I have a ton of old mac CPUs (they have huge heat-sinks in them) so I started putting heat-sinks on the top of the hoods that house the hps lights.

What I do is attach the sink to the top of the metal hood. Then I direct a fan toward the Heat-Sink. It works when you are fighting to get a few degrees cooler inside a cab when the airtemp starts to go 70+

Thats actually a great Idea, simple and effective:thumb: I may have to try that see if it helps with summer grows. I have access to a machine shop so I may custom make a heat sink for my HID reflector:hmmmm: Thanks for getting my mind spinning lol +reps

That last picture was awesome Buddy :thumb:
Totally agree with your thinking, just to much $$$ to justify :smokin:

Thanks OldMedMan:) Here are some more pictures, I decided to turn the two T5's on that I had sitting in there off and I reconfigured the plants seems much better on flow of air because I can have a fan In front of the grow room and in the rear.:tokin: Just Gave them a real good feeding tonight. I am going to be switching over to 12/12 in about a week give or take so I am pumping them with veg nutes. Did my most aggressive feeding today at 1200 ppm of sensi grow.:morenutes:

IMG_05135.JPG

CHEM 4
IMG_05148.jpg

SKYWALKER PRE VEG CLONES
IMG_05158.jpg

Unknown OG kush Hybrid, Kind of spindly but hoping they fill in.
IMG_05165.jpg

IMG_05178.jpg

IMG_05187.jpg

I'm still blown away there are people that get offended by Ben, or like...how that ends up going down at all. I ended up asking him some random question about removing the glass on the unit, and he was nothing but informative when he could have just as easily been a dick about "altering the unit" or whatever. I sent him back a message saying that after I bought my second unit (which I will because so far it seems, the 2011 line has hit the sweet spot), I would probably go to removing the glass on the first because some people are reporting even cooler temperatures, 15-20% more space in overall coverage and penetration, and up to 20% increase in yield compared with glass on so, I'm not sure what to think.

Despite what some people do or don't have to say about the company, the results with the newest models can't be ignored. The only time I've ever seen plants respond this well was during winter HID days, and even then the flowering never kicked in that quick.

The lights are quality, and watt per cent it's the most responsible dollar you can spend today. I guess...if you make a good product that undercuts the bullshit and the loud ass competitors, but people still attack you with shit all day, it can become a bit to deal with. I dunno, he's been cool with me, and my girls want whatever they can get from this unit. Beautiful, lush, even, growth. I'm in LED heaven, and hope to start running a perpetual off 4 2011 260's next one, only 1200 dollars for 1000 watts? Best deal in the business, and the proof is in all of our grows.

It's hard to deny, right?

I'm still blown away there are people that get offended by Ben, or like...how that ends up going down at all. I ended up asking him some random question about removing the glass on the unit, and he was nothing but informative when he could have just as easily been a dick about "altering the unit" or whatever. I sent him back a message saying that after I bought my second unit (which I will because so far it seems, the 2011 line has hit the sweet spot), I would probably go to removing the glass on the first because some people are reporting even cooler temperatures, 15-20% more space in overall coverage and penetration, and up to 20% increase in yield compared with glass on so, I'm not sure what to think.

Despite what some people do or don't have to say about the company, the results with the newest models can't be ignored. The only time I've ever seen plants respond this well was during winter HID days, and even then the flowering never kicked in that quick.

The lights are quality, and watt per cent it's the most responsible dollar you can spend today. I guess...if you make a good product that undercuts the bullshit and the loud ass competitors, but people still attack you with shit all day, it can become a bit to deal with. I dunno, he's been cool with me, and my girls want whatever they can get from this unit. Beautiful, lush, even, growth. I'm in LED heaven, and hope to start running a perpetual off 4 2011 260's next one, only 1200 dollars for 1000 watts? Best deal in the business, and the proof is in all of our grows.

It's hard to deny, right?

You seem to take a lot of offense to the fact that other people have had a bad experience with HH hut:hmmmm:. I say that cause I saw your post on irishboys journal about your experience with HH hut, I don't care just saying lol. I undoubtedly see the potential for HH huts lights and I do think the tech is great (As I use 2 pro grows for my grows) but if you have no customer service and your business practices result to childish slander and aggression towards other customers because of some perceived delusional scenario etc.. your business will not go far. The Grow light market is huge there are a lot of choices for me I will just as well go somewhere else then purchase from him again as a result of my experience. In my opinion if Ben cant take criticism or the inevitable bitching that comes along with being a manufacturer then he is in the wrong business. You cant just put out a product you consider quality and say fuck everyone because "it gets results", this is America and a free market, we say "fuck you!" to companies like that we have choices.:allgood: Additionally if he does not like dealing with people of this community who spend their good money on his products then he should get a customer service department or pursue another market because he sucks at it.:sorry: I am sure there are many people who have good experiences with HH and You are one of them, I am glad I wish no ill fate on anyone:cheer: Mine and some others happen to be bad and that is all I will say, I have already expressed my feelings about my Dealings with HH in past journals. The Lights IMO are the best for the money, and solid all around good LED lights no doubt about that. I will leave it to other people can make their own decision on HH. All that being said that is only my opinion based on my experience and I hope you continue to have good dealings with them and I look forward to seeing you grow with the new models:)

Nice pictures my Friend! :)

Glad you turned the other lights on...every little bit helps. I'm still admiring your set up. Those girls will fill in, just takes the a bit longer. I hope you have to keep them under control soon! :)

You seem to take a lot of offense to the fact that other people have had a bad experience... I hope you continue to have good dealings with them and I look forward to seeing you grow with the new models:)

Well spoken!

I'm too young for politics, and too old for drama. I just wanna grow the best (That I possibly can), with the best (equipment obtainable), and then be able to share that experience & knowledge with others without the fear of offending vendors of competing products, site advertisers/sponsors, or believers of differing technologies.

A wise man once said "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."

Nice pictures my Friend! :)

Glad you turned the other lights on...every little bit helps. I'm still admiring your set up. Those girls will fill in, just takes the a bit longer. I hope you have to keep them under control soon! :)

Lookin good! Just thought I'd check in.
:popcorn:

Thanks for checking in fellas!:cheer: The ladies are doing great just since the last feeding I am already seeing the areas I FIM'ed pop up with new tops!! Hate to be cliche' but they are growing like a damn weeds!!:tokin: I am shooting for April 16 to start flowering but may wait a little longer to let the stragglers fill in But on that date it will be exactly 1 month of Veg, so I can always go a little longer. These ladies are growing so fast I forget I only potted them 3 weeks ago:grinjoint:. This is the only problem growing multiple strain grows.

Well spoken!

I'm too young for politics, and too old for drama. I just wanna grow the best (That I possibly can), with the best (equipment obtainable), and then be able to share that experience & knowledge with others without the fear of offending vendors of competing products, site advertisers/sponsors, or believers of differing technologies.

A wise man once said "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."

Yes as am I buddy, and well put:high-five: I am not on here to credit or discredit any product I am simply sharing my experiences in order to to try and offer help to a growing community. If people can learn one thing from my mistakes or experiences then all this typing and posting was worth something:cheer: I have also made some good friends and learned a lot from this site so I think its been in invaluable tool too a lot of growers new and old. We should keep it positive and drama free ass possible:slide:

Heres some more pics, the ladies are growing quick:cheer: I got my nice High res camera out and took some pictures. I will take pics on this from now on.:)

IMG_64241.JPG

IMG_64274.JPG

IMG_64232.JPG

IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_6421.JPG

IMG_6420.JPG

IMG_64191.JPG

IMG_6418.JPG

Back
Top Bottom