Any idea whats up with these girls

MGD420

Hi peeps, MGD420 here.
Haven't been on the forum for a while since I stopped growing for a while.

I have started a new grow and would like some help identifying what's wrong with these plant's.

The plants are growing in coco/perlite and are being fed advanced nutrients ph perfect
sensi grow A & B
Sensi cal mag xtra
B52
Voodoo juice.

20230823_081841.jpg

20230823_081837.jpg

20230823_081822.jpg

20230823_081816.jpg

Haven't been on the forum for a while since I stopped growing for a while.
I remember your avatar of the "Cannabis Girl".;).

I have started a new grow and would like some help identifying what's wrong with these plant's.
It will help if you mention what you see that is going wrong. That helps give a starting point. It is kinda surprising how many times the grower sees something they think is a problem but it is not. Then the members go from there and notice something happening that the grower did not see.

The plants are growing in coco/perlite and are being fed advanced nutrients ph perfect
sensi grow A & B
Sensi cal mag xtra
B52
Voodoo juice.
Coco/Perlite mix and the Advanced Nutrients line are popular so there should be several others who are using the same medium for the roots and the same fertilizers.

What is the dose of each? Are you using each of the four mentioned above at each feeding? How often are you feeding. Is it a schedule where there are days when the plants get plain water and days when it is fed as in Feed/Water/Feed/Water?

I returned your message with some instructions.
But we can chat here easier.
Let me know what you think.
Talk soon. :ciao:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I remember your avatar of the "Cannabis Girl".;).

Same avatar since the day i joined around 2 years ago.

It will help if you mention what you see that is going wrong. That helps give a starting point. It is kinda surprising how many times the grower sees something they think is a problem but it is not. Then the members go from there and notice something happening that the grower did not see.

Colour of the leaves. It looks as if they have some sort of deficiency/nute burn.

Coco/Perlite mix and the Advanced Nutrients line are popular so there should be several others who are using the same medium for the roots and the same fertilizers.

What is the dose of each? Are you using each of the four mentioned above at each feeding? How often are you feeding. Is it a schedule where there are days when the plants get plain water and days when it is fed as in Feed/Water/Feed/Water?

At the moment i'm feeding them 2ml per litre every feed for the following

Sensi grow A
Sensi grow B
B52
Voodoo juice
Sensi cal mag xtra

No schedule like F/W/F/W. This is actually something that slipped my mind. Just been feeding every other day when the coco starts looking slightly dry

Colour of the leaves. It looks as if they have some sort of deficiency/nute burn.
ust been feeding every other day when the coco starts looking slightly dry
Do not know if the dosage is a problem. But, it is very possible that the schedule is off a tad bit and the plants are not getting enough.

While I do not grow in a coco coir and Perlite mix it is being pounded into our heads here that coco and any other inert soil-less growing medium should be given a water with fertilizer every day. The plants in the photo might not be getting enough since every other day there is nothing to replace what has drained through or evaporated.

Pretty sure that @Bill284 grows in coco coir so he might verify.

Do not know if the dosage is a problem. But, it is very possible that the schedule is off a tad bit and the plants are not getting enough.

While I do not grow in a coco coir and Perlite mix it is being pounded into our heads here that coco and any other inert soil-less growing medium should be given a water with fertilizer every day. The plants in the photo might not be getting enough since every other day there is nothing to replace what has drained through or evaporated.

Pretty sure that @Bill284 grows in coco coir so he might verify.

I'm thinking the dosage might be off as the plant's are around 4 weeks from what i remember so it's possible i'm under feeding them but would rather get a second opinion / other opinions before upping nutrients as i still consider myself new to growing even though i've had 3 or 4 grows. Just not too good with diagnosing deficiencies.

Wouldn't I need a laser thermometer to be able to be able to read the LST ?
Maybe something I'll look into getting for future grows so I can dial things in more.
Yes you would. If you get one you would need ambient temp @84f to get proper LST of 88f. For now getting the temp up a bit may help with nutrient uptake.

Hmmmm not sure of your protocol but that's kind of how my plants looked during the first stage when I didn't soak my coco in CalMag prior to planting. They always eventually grew out of it once the coco ions were replaced with cal and mag, it just took a bit before it took off.

Could well be the issue. It's something I've never done is soak the coco with calmag before planting seeds or transplanting. It's the canna pro plus pre washed, buffered and treated.
I just always assumed with it being treated and buffered I didn't need to soak it in calmag.

Could well be the issue. It's something I've never done is soak the coco with calmag before planting seeds or transplanting. It's the canna pro plus pre washed, buffered and treated.
I just always assumed with it being treated and buffered I didn't need to soak it in calmag.
Yeah same with me. I use a bricked coco that is supposed to be rinsed and soaked, but that always happened until I actually soaked the coco in 300ppm CalMag for 24 hours. I'm not saying that's the issue, but doing that helped me with something that looked similar

Yeah same with me. I use a bricked coco that is supposed to be rinsed and soaked, but that always happened until I actually soaked the coco in 300ppm CalMag for 24 hours. I'm not saying that's the issue, but doing that helped me with something that looked similar

Never used bricked coco or any other brand other than the Canna stuff, never used soil either but that might be my next venture. It wont hurt to try it next time.

@Bill284
How are they looking now, 17 days since ?

Suspected a magnesium deficiency.

Gave them a good flush until run off was below 200ppm, used some epsom in a foliar spray for a couple of days and re'fed them, upping the ppm's again until they were back on the full recommended amount of nutrients. Feeding once every third day with watering daily in-between.
Since then they seem to have got their colour back, started growing and appear to be much happier and healthier.
Going by the look of them they are in early flower.

Thanks to everybody who helped.

It's much appreciated.

20230909_190314.jpg
20230909_190234.jpg

@Bill284
How are they looking now, 17 days since ?

Suspected a magnesium deficiency.

Gave them a good flush until run off was below 200ppm, used some epsom in a foliar spray for a couple of days and re'fed them, upping the ppm's again until they were back on the full recommended amount of nutrients. Feeding once every third day with watering daily in-between.
Since then they seem to have got their colour back, started growing and appear to be much happier and healthier.
Going by the look of them they are in early flower.

Thanks to everybody who helped.

It's much appreciated.

20230909_190314.jpg
20230909_190234.jpg
Your in coco right.
Never plain water.
Calmag in your nutrients first, directly in the plain water.
Then nutrients according to schedule.
Then set ph to 5.8 exactly.
Feed every day to run off.
Keep the coco wet.
All that said they look fantastic. :thumb: :bravo:
Your doing well.
Your lights at 100%?

Bill284 😎

Your in coco right.
Never plain water.
Calmag in your nutrients first, directly in the plain water.
Then nutrients according to schedule.
Then set ph to 5.8 exactly.
Feed every day to run off.
Keep the coco wet.
All that said they look fantastic. :thumb: :bravo:
Your doing well.
Your lights at 100%?

Bill284 😎

Yea, they're in coco.

Gotcha, feed every day rather than water in between feeds.

I contacted AN and there response was that apparently the sensi coco nutrients have enough Ca/Mg and don't need any extra so haven't been adding any where as before they were getting calmag every feed.

Always do feed to run off, got used to that with doing hempie before that it's ingrained now.

I have the lights at 75% just now. Will ramp them up to 100% over the next week or so.
It's the mars hydro SP3000 I'm using.
Have a spare SP300P there aswell so if I need the extra light I can always put it up but I think in the 2x4 the one is more than sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom