Any Organic Growers?

Sloptopp

420 Member
hey there my name's Jason and i'm Looking to discuss regenerative cannabis growing and techniques! Here the thread! I work as a commercial grower for a 10,000 square ft grow, and I also grow Medical cannabis at home. I am currently majoring in chemistry at OSU and an aspiring entomologist, I am currently breeding A. Swirskii for a biocontrol agent for thrips and spider mites at my job and know as the bug guy around my colleagues. I'm very passionate about everything I do and always looking for an opportunity to learn some cool stuff!

I'm new to here and growing, also growing organic. I ran into quite a few issues, this being my first grow, that I've slowly figured out. But now i have bugs I havent been able to identify, I know some people add beneficial ones that help. But if anyone recognizes them I'd appreciate the help.

Attachments

• 2020-01-25-080725.jpg
    2020-01-25-080725.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 49
Have you look into thrips? Sorry I don't know this one

Thrips are normally on the under side of the leaves leaving what looks like a slug trail in the leaf.

I sprinkle this on the surface of my soil. It shreds bugs at the soil level then you'd have to treat the leaves. However best to figure out what they are.
Ill ask a few friends... @Jackalope @MrSauga

I'm new to here and growing, also growing organic. I ran into quite a few issues, this being my first grow, that I've slowly figured out. But now i have bugs I haven't been able to identify, I know some people add beneficial ones that help. But if anyone recognizes them I'd appreciate the help.
Hey there scotty! Glad your growing organically, from the pic it they look like thrips! If your looking for a beneficial predator mite than A. Swirskii's are what your gonna want. You can by different rearing systems. I suggest you find a trustable brand. For our commercial grow we use koppert products, at the moment im not to sure on pricing but they are trustable.

Have you look into thrips? Sorry I don't know this one

Thrips are normally on the under side of the leaves leaving what looks like a slug trail in the leaf.

I sprinkle this on the surface of my soil. It shreds bugs at the soil level then you'd have to treat the leaves. However best to figure out what they are.
Ill ask a few friends... @Jackalope @MrSauga
This is a method, but predator mites treat the bug problem before their is a bug problem with a good IPM program!

This is a method, but predator mites treat the bug problem before their is a bug problem with a good IPM program!
Thanks for the help, that's how I eat, so Ifigured I'd start to give this a shot, once i found out about all the chemicals my dispensary uses. I had some bacillus thuringiensis already so used that, but I'm going look into the predator mites, thanks again

im vegging in both tents right now, my big tent is flipping into 12-12 in 3 days and in the small tent they were just topped the other day

Attachments

• 673AD84B-1531-47BC-92D8-2423BE497D19.jpeg
    673AD84B-1531-47BC-92D8-2423BE497D19.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • FD0FA2F2-5C5F-4B48-A9BC-E577C02D40E6.jpeg
    FD0FA2F2-5C5F-4B48-A9BC-E577C02D40E6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 37
Hi there! I do 2 grows 1 organic for my son's meds I use black gold peat with the Green Sunshine company 's Earth Dust and 1 for my own meds I use advance nutrients. With a commercial grow like yours I'd love to smoke some bowls with you and pick your brain on growing! I look forward to your input!
Best regards,
G.I.JOSE

20200212_145631.jpg

Back
Top Bottom