Any other female growers out there?

NorCAKnowYourGrow

Every time I post I swear someone assumes I'm a dude. Makes me wonder....is it rare or odd for chicks to grow? Or are the guys just presumptive?

Chime in if you're a proud WOMAN growing her own bud!!!

I'm on year two.... Year one, 6 plants harvested, 1 lost to caterpillars and got 18 ounces. This year I've harvested 5 of my 10 and have almost 32 ounces. So I'm getting better at it!

How about you?

Every time I post I swear someone assumes I'm a dude. Makes me wonder....is it rare or odd for chicks to grow? Or are the guys just presumptive?

Chime in if you're a proud WOMAN growing her own bud!!!

I'm on year two.... Year one, 6 plants harvested, 1 lost to caterpillars and got 18 ounces. This year I've harvested 5 of my 10 and have almost 32 ounces. So I'm getting better at it!

How about you?
Men are presumptive!:circle-of-love:If you want to see if a member is female you can look at there profile and if they want to let you know it will be there.

Welcome NorCAKnowYourGrow, I'm glad you found your way here. Hope to see you with a journal to share.
Thanks, @stoneotter! I started a journal last year and just didn't keep up with it...I am NOT good with stuff like that. lol!

I'm thinking I'll give it a go with my first TLO grow early next year! I'm going to not only attempt my first indoor grow but go full organic. wish me luck!

There are lots of us these days! When I first joined these grow forums around 10 years ago, female growers were very rare... and there were just a handful of us out here. I would guess that it is almost evened out these days, now that legality is creeping in all over the USA and Canada.
Hey there, @Emilya! You are the only person I regularly see here that I knew was a woman! I really need to check more profiles.

You grow TLO, too? Am I remembering that correctly?

Hey there, @Emilya! You are the only person I regularly see here that I knew was a woman! I really need to check more profiles.

You grow TLO, too? Am I remembering that correctly?
Yes, I am a big fan of The Rev and TLO, but I have moved beyond that method that got me into organic growing, these recent days. I am using the same concept, keeping living microbes working in a supersoil, but I have found easier ways to get to a truly organic grow and not require so much effort with the soil. Check out my current journals to see me work with one of our sponsors' products, @GeoFlora Nutrients, along with Fox Farm soil. In all of my experience in the grow rooms so far, I have never seen an easier and more complete organic grow system as this, in so easy of a method. I simply top dress the Geoflora, which is complete with raw food for a two week period, and the microbes to process it. Every two weeks, you give them another hit... and just supply good water in between. It doesn't get any easier than this, and there is none of the mess and multiple boxes of raw nutrients and time of brewing that TLO ala The Rev, requires.

Yes, I am a big fan of The Rev and TLO, but I have moved beyond that method that got me into organic growing, these recent days. I am using the same concept, keeping living microbes working in a supersoil, but I have found easier ways to get to a truly organic grow and not require so much effort with the soil. Check out my current journals to see me work with one of our sponsors' products, @GeoFlora Nutrients, along with Fox Farm soil. In all of my experience in the grow rooms so far, I have never seen an easier and more complete organic grow system as this, in so easy of a method. I simply top dress the Geoflora, which is complete with raw food for a two week period, and the microbes to process it. Every two weeks, you give them another hit... and just supply good water in between. It doesn't get any easier than this, and there is none of the mess and multiple boxes of raw nutrients and time of brewing that TLO ala The Rev, requires.
Good info!!! I will definitely check it out. All those raw materials get EXPENSIVE!! I'd love and easier and cheaper way.

and before that, I modified on the Rev's method again, and ran a complete run using supersoil and layers as he describes, but instead of teas, I used RealGrower's Recharge to supply the microbes during the entire run. It worked great! And, it was again, a whole lot easier than brewing teas.

I've seen Recharge and thought it would be sooo much easier than brewing a tea. I've been brewing Boogie Brew - used it on the weed and the rest of my veggie garden. I definitely saw good results but the time and effort sometimes a drag.

I just wrote our fight song!

Hooray for us chickybabes! Hooray at last!
Hooray for lady growers we gonna kick some arse!
Don‘t be mistaken! Don’t be misled!
We grow some wicked weed with beautiful glittery head!

(.)(.)

LOLLING!

Yup...The Rev. Devoured his book in August. Now gathering all the materials over the next few months. No cheap deal to start this out!
I've been using his recipe's and have read the book several times. I have stoner retention aye? I'm glad you're here, there's only a couple of us I think. The soil's good! Understanding what input options available is an education in itself. I see you found Emilya. She's helped me many times and grows dreams! Have fun, I'm in!

Back
Top Bottom