Are autoflower yields outdoors real?

Absolutely. I'm getting 200+ g indoors on autos, I'd be really sad if my outdoor auto crop was smaller than that.
i find it very hard to believe you get 200g dry from an auto. unless it's a XL version. impossible from royal queens ones. i've browsed grow diares, most yield dry i found from an auto outdoors is 60g from the top 30 results of harvested

and you're telling me you're getting 200g of dry bud from an auto? 7oz??? nope. not buying it no way a auto who grows for 2-3 months can yield that much !.

maybe you're talking wet. which would be aroun 60g dry....

still, doesn't explain how royal claims you can get 150g dry from autos. that's what, 450g wet? nope. no flipping way.

if it were true, why bother with fem? just plant an auto and make 150g/month!

i find it very hard to believe you get 200g dry from an auto. unless it's a XL version. impossible from royal queens ones. i've browsed grow diares, most yield dry i found from an auto outdoors is 60g from the top 30 results of harvested

and you're telling me you're getting 200g of dry bud from an auto? 7oz??? nope. not buying it no way a auto who grows for 2-3 months can yield that much !.

still, doesn't explain how royal claims you can get 150g dry from autos. that's what, 450g wet? nope. no flipping way.

Why so pessimistic and doubting people?
200+ grams dry yield from an auto is nothing spectacular.

Hey Fatbuds,

Breeder estimates are optimistic and those numbers are achieved by highly skilled growers. But I would believe 200g is possible.

Personally I can’t grow an auto to save my life. If you mess up anything during the first 5 weeks with an autoflower - you can easily stunt or stall the plant. Once stunted it doesn’t matter how many weeks you try to run the plant, stunted is still stunted... and this will decimate the yield.

I’ve seen growers here pull down auto colas bigger than a Louisville slugger baseball bat... well almost! I prefer photoperiod because I have control whereas autos run their own fast internal clock as they race towards senescence. I prefer fem photos, but I keep killing a few autos along the way hoping to learn how to achieve success. Eventually I will win with an auto.

All the normal stuff we do to photoperiod plants like topping, fimming, defol, cloning, repotting or upcan into a larger container- these tricks work perfectly fine on photos. However these same methods can stall the crap out of an auto. Yes sure they can be done to an auto but the key is knowing how and when to do these without stunting or killing the girls.

Maybe you should switch to photos and get some bud in the stash jar, then revisit the autos later. That’s what it took for me to get a leg up. Hope this help & best of luck!

My last auto was 895g wet (trimmed) and dried to - yes almost 7 oz. in under 75 days.
F9DD1969-1232-4553-B6BB-583272025D7C.jpeg
4ED21DAB-ECDC-4252-B3FE-60AE54ABFE26.jpeg

73830899-8BF9-440A-BC4F-18EF37B4ED55.jpeg

and I agree, why bother with photo fem’s when this type of yield is possible every time? I don’t do it for the $, I do it for convenience and space restrictions.

I think there’s going to be a lot more evidence on this site soon that autos (when fed, trained and treated correctly) are the future for many people. Growers like @carcass and @Sunnyskies can attest to that, they bring similar yields with autos, and do so consistently.
Also as a side note of things that are hard to believe, if you look at my latest journal you’ll see where I successfully (twice) cloned my GelatOG autoflower, and am currently growing mother and daughters.

I mean I know some of the stuff is hard to believe, but the growers here are some of the best around. You’re going to see it happen here before anywhere else. But 7 oz from an auto is just the start. I’m trying to hit 8-9 by the end of this year.
I’ve only ever harvested 2 autos outdoors so far, they were a GG #4 and a Tangerine Dream. I harvested them in sections (upper first) over several days, and I never weighed them. But dried and trimmed, they fill up about 8 of my large glass containers, which would put their yield at around 16-18 oz combined. They were leafier than what I usually like to smoke so much of it will be run through the dab press, but they did produce.

Yes some growers can hit some very big yields it is about skill and luck some autos do not get very big others get bigger than expected.

Here are a few autos I've grown:

Glue Gelato Auto

Gorilla Glue Auto. She got too big and I had to take her out of the tent and put her in the bathroom.

Gorilla Glue Auto. The one that got to stay in the tent. She yielded 637 grams dry, but I'm not happy with the quality of that one.

Royal Creamatic

Beantown, CanadianJim, Nickluring & 13Goody13....I hate you fuckers who slam dunk it with the autos!! No man... just kidding - you guys have seriously impressive plants there!!!

Never knew that an auto could take that long to flip to flower, that’s very weird news to me.

I knew the yields could be done but this home boy can stunt or kill anything that’s got ruderalis genes. I will be surfing your journals soon!

Beantown, CanadianJim, Nickluring & 13Goody13....I hate you fuckers who slam dunk it with the autos!! No man... just kidding - you guys have seriously impressive plants there!!!

I knew it could be done but this home boy can stunt or kill anything that’s got ruderalis genes. I will be surfing your journals soon!
Haha thank you. I’ve been growing a long time but this is my first full year with autos. I remember reading about them 5 years ago thinking how fast I’d fuck those up. Luckily they have come a long way since then, and maybe it’s also the MegaCrop but now autos seem easier to manage. Part of that is I don’t have such a long flowering time, so uninvited guests like spider mites are actually late for the party rather than early enough to ruin everything. I feel like I’m still on the mid- lower end on yields, I just have to figure out how to get them a bit bigger. This WCC plant I did a hex line instead of a quadline, Hoping for more. But really I think it got the same yield as a quad anyway, and was maybe even a bit too tall, and almost unmanageable. For now I’m ok with these yields, and I know time and technique will find an even better way soon.

Thanks for that. Yeah I can kill or stunt autos in a heartbeat!! I have been planning to switch to MC before long when I use up my current nutes. Yes sir - I’d be happy with those yields.

Do you top or train? Any big tips or secrets you’d be willing to offer up? I would probably start mine in final containers and just be really careful on watering to start with. Then once established work the wet / dry cycle... does that sound ok for autos? Seems to work really well on photos but not sure on autos? I’d probably avoid topping or fimming and maybe just do Christmas tree or perhaps LST. Does this sound reasonable?

Lol, while I like the company you can't put me in with those other guys. I'm on my first auto grow (that Amnesia auto freebie doesn't count, it never broke the surface).
I've been carefully watching autos for a while now due to both the climate here and security, and the improvement in both yields and potency are pretty impressive. The skill of the grower is still a huge influence however. I'll be happy to get a couple of ounces from this one since the learning and experience should be invaluable.

Never knew that an auto could take that long to flip to flower, that’s very weird news to me.

I knew the yields could be done but this home boy can stunt or kill anything that’s got ruderalis genes. I will be surfing your journals soon!

Thanks for that. Yeah I can kill or stunt autos in a heartbeat!! I have been planning to switch to MC before long when I use up my current nutes. Yes sir - I’d be happy with those yields.

Do you top or train? Any big tips or secrets you’d be willing to offer up? I would probably start mine in final containers and just be really careful on watering to start with. Then once established work the wet / dry cycle... does that sound ok for autos? Seems to work really well on photos but not sure on autos? I’d probably avoid topping or fimming and maybe just do Christmas tree or perhaps LST. Does this sound reasonable?
I just top once (usually somewhere between 12-20 days old) then sometimes quad line training right after, or similar. I’ve had good results with a bit of LST later to even them out and keep them from touching the lights. At the very least, top it once. They do an incredible amount of growing in that transition period before full flowering. The MC gets them through it nicely. 4,5,6g just like the instructions say. I get some of them a little higher than 6g per G but with terpinator added etc it’s usually about right. Wet dry cycle is very important and if you have that down you already know how bad it is to overwater a plant that grows so fast.

Thanks for that! CJ, I know you are growing some monster fire over there!

Appreciate the write up 13Goody, I can run with this.

Here is may latest victim. This is an Auto Low Ryder 2 that I have stunted and I’ve already killed 4 of her sisters. I know... I should have started her in the final pot. If she ever perks up good then I will gently transfer her from the 2 liter to a 7 gallon air pot. Then there were 3 Alaska Purples that I killed soon after germination and I started a new one on Friday in its 7 gallon final air pot.

I’m doing an important work during the pandemic - it’s folks like me that keep seed breeders & US postal service in business!

Don’t laugh too hard! I may skip training and do Christmas tree just so I can say yup I’ve grown an Auto that didn’t croak on me

Back
Top Bottom