Are autoflower yields outdoors real?

Beantown, CanadianJim, Nickluring & 13Goody13....I hate you fuckers who slam dunk it with the autos!! No man... just kidding - you guys have seriously impressive plants there!!!

Never knew that an auto could take that long to flip to flower, that’s very weird news to me.

I knew the yields could be done but this home boy can stunt or kill anything that’s got ruderalis genes. I will be surfing your journals soon!
:rofl::slide::reading420magazine::goodluck:

Here are a few autos I've grown:

Glue Gelato Auto

Gorilla Glue Auto. She got too big and I had to take her out of the tent and put her in the bathroom.

Gorilla Glue Auto. The one that got to stay in the tent. She yielded 637 grams dry, but I'm not happy with the quality of that one.

Royal Creamatic
Looks like the proof is in the pudding and that is some fucking good pudding!:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

mmm, yeah, that's why it's almost impossible to find it on grow diaries. 2months 200g dry, ok lol

i might suck, but does everyone on grow diaries do too?
You do not suck you just need more experience other wise your just like the rest of us you love growing like we do keep your chin up she will get better for you.

i find it very hard to believe you get 200g dry from an auto. unless it's a XL version. impossible from royal queens ones. i've browsed grow diares, most yield dry i found from an auto outdoors is 60g from the top 30 results of harvested

and you're telling me you're getting 200g of dry bud from an auto? 7oz??? nope. not buying it no way a auto who grows for 2-3 months can yield that much !.

maybe you're talking wet. which would be aroun 60g dry....

still, doesn't explain how royal claims you can get 150g dry from autos. that's what, 450g wet? nope. no flipping way.

if it were true, why bother with fem? just plant an auto and make 150g/month!
I grew a Jack Here Auto from Greenhouse and got over 6 zips from it indoors. Ms Stank grew a Gorilla Glue Auto that got us 4.5 zips despite having to harvest it 2 weeks early due to bud rot. Those were my only experiences with Autos until this outdoor season. I have two autos going outdoors right now but they will be smaller than my previous go with them. I have seen other growers have great luck with autos as well.

You do not suck you just need more experience other wise your just like the rest of us you love growing like we do keep your chin up she will get better for you.
Not only that, but he needs the right seed. I could show you the Blue Dreamatic that I grew from the Vaults giveaway......barely 6" tall and less than 10 grams. Didn't do anything different with that than I do with any other seeds. The unreliability of autos is one of the biggest reasons I avoid them.....the second is I don't care for the high as much as I do with photo periods. Its not bad mind you, but it feels muddled to me. Just my preference.....but I definitely see why people like them in general.....a lot of flexibility in running autos. In the mean time, I'll stick to photos.

what medium are you guys using with those big yields, is it achievable with soil? i'd be happy with even 100g dry. i grew a bubble kush auto. looks really healthy, 11l pot, soil, did all the steps right, LST too, but the buds are not as massive. dunno
I grow in soil....water only. Every once in a while I will do an aerated compost tea but its rare. I also top dress twice...once at flip and once the last month of flower. Aside from that, just good ol' water.

what medium are you guys using with those big yields, is it achievable with soil? i'd be happy with even 100g dry. i grew a bubble kush auto. looks really healthy, 11l pot, soil, did all the steps right, LST too, but the buds are not as massive. dunno
I only grow in soil now, and I don’t even use anything fancy (G&B Organics Blue Ribbon Blend potting soil) I get it from a local hardware store. If they don’t have that I use Black Gold Nat. & Organic Soil. I look for bags that have been sitting for a while (not brand new) so the microbes in it have had time do do their battles beforehand instead of doing it later in my root system. Started using ProMix loose soil for seedlings. I start in its final container which I used to use 2 gal, but have moved up to 3 gal.

11 litres is a little under 3 gallons, a 20 litre container would be roughly equivalent to a 5 gallon. I'm not sure where, but I think there was a discussion about how big of a container autos can really use and the consensus seemed to be 5 gallon is pretty much the max. I think they said 7 was overkill.

I really have been doing a lot of research on the subject, it just doesn't stick in my head too much. Mostly I've heard treat it like a light feeding photo that you plan to flip before it needs to be up-potted beyond 5g, avoid stress as if you're already in flower.

I prefer growing in soil myself but have you seen Bluter & the hempy crew, they are pulling down monsters in 750 mil shampoo bottles and dollar store 2 gallon plastic trash cans using only perlite & nutes.
But you ain't gonna beat the flavor or effects from a good organic or Living Organic Soil.

I get best results when growing in coco. In soil it's harder to get the autos really big due to the slower growth in veg. When treated right in coco, the plants grow like they're on steroids.
I always top and I usually quadline. Then I LST them a lot to get them in the shape I want. I also defoliate a lot.

I'm not very experienced in growing in soil but here are two I grew last year. The Gorilla Glue yielded about 300 grams and the Amnesia wasn't far behind.

and you're telling me you're getting 200g of dry bud from an auto? 7oz??? nope. not buying it no way a auto who grows for 2-3 months can yield that much !.

Better get some cash saved up. You've got lots to buy already, but here's some more...

0280727b-cb6b-4547-95c5-5ba01cc6315d-jpeg.2149042

This is a 4x4, with 4 autos running. Back left went on to yield just over 10 zips. Back right was 6 zips, front left was 4.5zip, front right was 7 zips.

Wasn't even pressing them hard for yield. The front 2 weren't expected to be much over 4 zips each, but I think they did alright. Both are quality, and that's what counts.

How about....

l1-jpg.2054185

This was about 3 or 4 weeks before she finished.

img_3845-jpeg.2070357

That was right before the chop.

17.25 zips of dried, potent, sweet sticky weed is what she gave me. That run grabbed me 34.24 zips. That's 2lb, 2.24oz, or 971g... off autos... in a 4x4. 500 watts of super sweet, Budget LED goodness.

All from a 3gal fabric pot with promix and megacrop.

Quality genetics, quality lighting, and a quality environment are a great foundation. A must unless you want to stay in the 50g group. To get over the 4zip mark you also need the right training, as well as the right amount of touch in veg.

Why so pessimistic and doubting people?
200+ grams dry yield from an auto is nothing spectacular.

This.

does everyone on grow diaries do too?

Guess they need more practice.

11 litres is a little under 3 gallons, a 20 litre container would be roughly equivalent to a 5 gallon. I'm not sure where, but I think there was a discussion about how big of a container autos can really use and the consensus seemed to be 5 gallon is pretty much the max. I think they said 7 was overkill.

3gal is a hair small, and 7gal is a hair big. 5gal is the sweet spot, yes.

You can do it in a 3gal or 7gal, but in a 3gal you'll be watering every 16-24 hours in flower (with decent sized plants). With a 7gal, even in flower, it takes 3-4 days to dry out.

With a 5gal, you'll end up right about every other day in flower, which is just about right.

Autos aren't difficult by any means. You have to pay a little more attention, sure, but there isn't anything overly different about growing them. Put it this way, I treat my autos just like I treat my photos. They get the same kind of training, nutes, light, all of that. The only big difference is you can run 18/6 all the way through. If you have really good lighting, 16/8 is plenty too. Lesser lights, stick to 18/6, 20/4, or 24/0.

The only real sticker with autos is you need to be able to top them before the end of week 3. Once you hit week 4, you got a problem and risk stunting them. If they're slow grower and you're starting week 4 and haven't topped, then bend her over and start LST.

I also defol as needed, just like a photo.

They're fun to play with, and a decent way to get a preview of a strain while saving a month or so growing. If the auto is good, you know the photo version will be really good.

Although that's not always the case. Sometimes the auto is just as good as the photo. I ran a photo Durban Poison, then turned right around and ran the auto version just to see.

No real difference. Not in how it grew, how it looked, how it smelled, or the effects. In a blind test, I bet most people wouldn't know which was which.

Not all auto breeders are equal though, mind you. Some are just chuckin and tryin to make a quick buck. Stick to the established, well known breeders. The genetics will be better, the results will be better, and good things will happen under the proper care.

I agree with @multiVortex on all that. And I am only able to use 2-3g containers because I am home and able to water every day, sometimes multiple times. The first auto I ever grew was in a 5 and was easier to manage because of that. But it also encouraged me to get a taller tent and do LST or I’m going to run out of room anyway.
Still amazed at what everyone around here is able to do with autos, and we are barely scratching the surface of those genetics.

hoenstly i still don't see what i'm doing wrong, y'all don't seem to be doing anything special, give it nutrients at the correct ph and lst, that's what i do, and they look very healthy, no where near those yields with autos

(royal seeds)
Have you tried using a cheap ass light like me and @carcass do :laughtwo:
I don’t do anything too special besides make sure the plant is happy, the MC does the rest.

Back
Top Bottom