Are autoflower yields outdoors real?

I have a brand new tent, 2 brand new lights, and a bunch of different auto seeds. I was going to start some a couple months but decided to wait until I can manage my outdoor garden accordingly. If I am able to get even just one good bud from my first auto, I would be stoked. As many have said, it takes skill and focus to keep them happy. That is exactly why I haven't rushed in to grow one yet. Waiting until I have more time and energy to focus on the tent conditions and then I will be hitting you all up for wisdom to hopefully have a successful first run.

I can appreciate the pessimism but to a point. It seems you have not seen everyone's journal. The responses and visual proof was a great rebuttal. Hopefully that encourages you to keep growing as a grower and fine tune your skills and reach your milestone @fatbuds420 .

hoenstly i still don't see what i'm doing wrong, y'all don't seem to be doing anything special, give it nutrients at the correct ph and lst, that's what i do, and they look very healthy, no where near those yields with autos

(royal seeds)
All starts with decent genetics....and then environment after that. Chances are one of those two areas is off for you in some manner. Just my opinion. Quality genetics, quality environment equals quality product.

I’m loving this thread folks!

Multi & Nickel... You guys are slaughtering those autos in an amazing way!! Yup I’ll be circling your journals again soon and I’m pissd cuz now I’ve got to shell $$ for that MC sooner rather than later! Ha, ha, Just kidding it’s all good

I think the point here is autos CAN deliver the goods but inexperienced Auto growers like myself can easily stunt them and then it’s not going to recover enough to yield squat.

The other common theme I “THINK” I am hearing is autos seem to do better with hempy, coco & hydro formats.

I’ve got some seedsman Alaska Purple & auto Low Ryder 2 maybe not the absolute best gear but should be decent anyway. So my question now is..... are any of you blowing the doors off of auto yields with soil?

Just harvested today (65 days old) Fastbuds Wedding Cheesecake
4C7257BE-DCFE-48CD-8D0B-AC845DAC667E.jpeg

The buds are dense, I love this strain so far.
944g wet, not a bad basket.

The other common theme I “THINK” I am hearing is autos seem to do better with hempy, coco & hydro formats.

Sure, but what doesn't? :rofl:

No matter what happens, one thing is guaranteed: An auto is going to veg for a bit, then it is going to flower whether you think it should or not.

Soil is going to be soil, auto or not. The difference is with a photo you can veg it longer to make up for that. If going for autos, I'd strongly urge to stay away from dirt. Promix/Sunshine Mix, ok. Farside05 nails it with promix/MC, but he has his system down pat.

If wanting nice autos without a bunk yield, some form of hydro is the best you can do since the growth is faster. An experienced auto grower could work a little with soil, but if they do the same thing with hydro then the hydro plant will be bigger.

Just remember, it isn't all about the yield. I'll take a zip of killer over a pound of ditch.

Sure, but what doesn't? :rofl:

No matter what happens, one thing is guaranteed: An auto is going to veg for a bit, then it is going to flower whether you think it should or not.

Soil is going to be soil, auto or not. The difference is with a photo you can veg it longer to make up for that. If going for autos, I'd strongly urge to stay away from dirt. Promix/Sunshine Mix, ok. Farside05 nails it with promix/MC, but he has his system down pat.

If wanting nice autos without a bunk yield, some form of hydro is the best you can do since the growth is faster. An experienced auto grower could work a little with soil, but if they do the same thing with hydro then the hydro plant will be bigger.

Just remember, it isn't all about the yield. I'll take a zip of killer over a pound of ditch.
for me it's all about the high rn, i just started growing (2 years) so i'm going for quantity over quality, i just wanna get high, anything grown by ,me is

HOW are your stems sooooo damn thicc? wtf!

they are literally massive , all of em! and the pot seems so small.
Thank you! It’s only a 2g pot on this one. I blame the stems and root health on the MegaCrop
22633D1C-BF28-4038-ABE3-870483A88F8B.jpeg

Still shooting for that 1000+ G lady, though.

Thank you! It’s only a 2g pot on this one. I blame the stems and root health on the MegaCrop
22633D1C-BF28-4038-ABE3-870483A88F8B.jpeg

Still shooting for that 1000+ G lady, though.
damn, ya got any advice for me?

i'm using terra canna soil, terra canna nutes(veg and flower, nothing fancy) , and a root stimulator

about 20-40% perlite

i'm running a diesel auto in a 2g pot myself right now (fabric pot) do you mind sharing any pictures of 1 month old autos you grew? just wanna take a look how i'm doing

damn, ya got any advice for me?

i'm using terra canna soil, terra canna nutes(veg and flower, nothing fancy) , and a root stimulator

about 20-40% perlite

i'm running a diesel auto in a 2g pot myself right now (fabric pot) do you mind sharing any pictures of 1 month old autos you grew? just wanna take a look how i'm doing
Unfortunately I don’t know anything about your nutes and have not used those genetics yet so I’m afraid the best advice is likely all laid out here but in other threads. I will say- if your system doesn’t produce this time, try a different system next year. I used fox farm for many years and spent hundreds of $ every year on mediocre results (for me). I’m on month 6 or 7 of using MegaCrop and 50+ oz of flower later I’ve used about $15 worth of it.
This is her on June 26, and on July 20
4E7C2FA8-1877-40AD-8B5B-11F3AF57935D.jpeg

1F561ECB-F14D-4B9C-8D3A-35D1089208A1.jpeg

they do a lot in a month

Hey Fatbuds,

Breeder estimates are optimistic and those numbers are achieved by highly skilled growers. But I would believe 200g is possible.

Personally I can’t grow an auto to save my life. If you mess up anything during the first 5 weeks with an autoflower - you can easily stunt or stall the plant. Once stunted it doesn’t matter how many weeks you try to run the plant, stunted is still stunted... and this will decimate the yield.

I’ve seen growers here pull down auto colas bigger than a Louisville slugger baseball bat... well almost! I prefer photoperiod because I have control whereas autos run their own fast internal clock as they race towards senescence. I prefer fem photos, but I keep killing a few autos along the way hoping to learn how to achieve success. Eventually I will win with an auto.

All the normal stuff we do to photoperiod plants like topping, fimming, defol, cloning, repotting or upcan into a larger container- these tricks work perfectly fine on photos. However these same methods can stall the crap out of an auto. Yes sure they can be done to an auto but the key is knowing how and when to do these without stunting or killing the girls.

Maybe you should switch to photos and get some bud in the stash jar, then revisit the autos later. That’s what it took for me to get a leg up. Hope this help & best of luck!
Check out a guy on YouTube called top shelf grower, he’s method to the autos works!

Back
Top Bottom