Are autoflower yields outdoors real?

Mega crop and Pro Mix. My first auto grow. I pulled a lb. out of a 2x4.
My Ammy gave me 8oz. dry.
Didn't hold back on the feed. Didn't train her and transplanted twice. She's in a 5 gallon but feel she could have taken on a 7 without problem.

Mega crop and Pro Mix. My first auto grow. I pulled a lb. out of a 2x4.
My Ammy gave me 8oz. dry.
Didn't hold back on the feed. Didn't train her and transplanted twice. She's in a 5 gallon but feel she could have taken on a 7 without problem.
don't stop untill i see some nutrient burn yeah?

i find it very hard to believe you get 200g dry from an auto. unless it's a XL version. impossible from royal queens ones. i've browsed grow diares, most yield dry i found from an auto outdoors is 60g from the top 30 results of harvested

and you're telling me you're getting 200g of dry bud from an auto? 7oz??? nope. not buying it no way a auto who grows for 2-3 months can yield that much !.

maybe you're talking wet. which would be aroun 60g dry....

still, doesn't explain how royal claims you can get 150g dry from autos. that's what, 450g wet? nope. no flipping way.

if it were true, why bother with fem? just plant an auto and make 150g/month!
hey man i agree with you 100 percent,,,i replyed to a post the other day saying that autos,,(outdoors) dont have big yields,,and i was shot down and called foolish cause they say 1 guy grew 2.9 pounds from 1 auto...so i guess you and me both suck at growing autos lol

I have been following this thread since it started, hoping I might learn a bit about autos.

I have only run autos 2x, DDA the first run in LOS. They produced great smoke but poor yield. I averaged about 1.5 oz per plant. It was enough to turn me off autos, but after seeing much DDA talk on here, they seem hit-or-miss by nature.

This year, having returned to the site again after a few years absence, there was quite a bit of talk and journals using Mega Crop and Hempy grows, so given that MC was offering free samples, I decided to give it a shot even though I have always grown in LOS.

I had a Gorilla Shizzle Auto freebie I used to try out the setup, using an 11L (3gal) water jug with holes drill about 2” from the bottom. Pot was filled with 2” of perlite and coco for the rest. Fed MC at 5g/gal and spent 7 of her 11 weeks sitting on my well head.

She gave me just over 100g dry and here she is about 2 weeks before I harvested her

1598186580245.jpeg

not a big girl, but nearly all bud.

I have been following this thread since it started, hoping I might learn a bit about autos.

I have only run autos 2x, DDA the first run in LOS. They produced great smoke but poor yield. I averaged about 1.5 oz per plant. It was enough to turn me off autos, but after seeing much DDA talk on here, they seem hit-or-miss by nature.

This year, having returned to the site again after a few years absence, there was quite a bit of talk and journals using Mega Crop and Hempy grows, so given that MC was offering free samples, I decided to give it a shot even though I have always grown in LOS.

I had a Gorilla Shizzle Auto freebie I used to try out the setup, using an 11L (3gal) water jug with holes drill about 2” from the bottom. Pot was filled with 2” of perlite and coco for the rest. Fed MC at 5g/gal and spent 7 of her 11 weeks sitting on my well head.

She gave me just over 100g dry and here she is about 2 weeks before I harvested her

1598186580245.jpeg

not a big girl, but nearly all bud.
100g??? she looks real small from pics, must be real dense buds, no lst or trimming either.... maybe i'm taking LST too far and it's hurting my yield

The only thing I did to her was to pull the lower limbs down and tie them to open her up some. No trimming, topping or defoliation.

The bud was funky looking and looked like it would be airy but had weight and as I said, at harvest, she was mostly bud, very little leaf.

It actually surprised me with its dry weight, she really wasn’t any bigger than the biggest DDA I grew that only yielded about 60g.

If I do at some point grow more autos, it will because of curiosity more than anything. As much as I like the results from Mega Crop, and how it performed with this girl, I still prefer my photos and growing in LOS. Mega Crop will grow some giants like this one:

12352B2B-25E5-47A2-A774-FF97AD291DF9.jpeg

but I have to feed her 4 gallons daily, whereas these girls below, grown in LOS

1258C074-A688-4018-BCD5-85497D756177.jpeg

Will likely yield just as well and I have only watered them (no feed) half a dozen times since they went in the ground last week of May, first week of June.

The whole reason I started growing auto's was because of the yields.
NZ 2 pounder auto, Barney seeds

2.5 metres tall
Wet bud 1065 grams
Dried bud 950

Autos always deliver for me
Every strain I get that says 450grams, is usually what I get or more

I've never been disappointed so far

The whole reason I started growing auto's was because of the yields.
NZ 2 pounder auto, Barney seeds

2.5 metres tall
Wet bud 1065 grams
Dried bud 950

Autos always deliver for me
Every strain I get that says 450grams, is usually what I get or more

I've never been disappointed so far
Only lost about 10% in weight after drying? That's amazing.

My first Auto grow in LOS, 2 in the back are Fast buds C4 autos and two up front are Dinamed CBD autos. I harvested approx 8 ounce dry from 2- C4's and about 6 ounces dry from 2- Dinafem Dinamed CBD
C4_9816.JPG

Hey Fatbuds,

Breeder estimates are optimistic and those numbers are achieved by highly skilled growers. But I would believe 200g is possible.

Personally I can’t grow an auto to save my life. If you mess up anything during the first 5 weeks with an autoflower - you can easily stunt or stall the plant. Once stunted it doesn’t matter how many weeks you try to run the plant, stunted is still stunted... and this will decimate the yield.

I’ve seen growers here pull down auto colas bigger than a Louisville slugger baseball bat... well almost! I prefer photoperiod because I have control whereas autos run their own fast internal clock as they race towards senescence. I prefer fem photos, but I keep killing a few autos along the way hoping to learn how to achieve success. Eventually I will win with an auto.

All the normal stuff we do to photoperiod plants like topping, fimming, defol, cloning, repotting or upcan into a larger container- these tricks work perfectly fine on photos. However these same methods can stall the crap out of an auto. Yes sure they can be done to an auto but the key is knowing how and when to do these without stunting or killing the girls.

Maybe you should switch to photos and get some bud in the stash jar, then revisit the autos later. That’s what it took for me to get a leg up. Hope this help & best of luck!

I have had everything from small 2' Indica that finish fast, dense flowers but prone to rot to
6'+ sativa that had a long veg, topped LST super cropped. Harvested early because she was tipping over
the 5G pot. 10G from now on. Even seeds from the same mother have significant variability so don't blame
yourself too much for small plants or take too much credit for the large ones.

Media: promix or sunshine #4
Nutes: Down To Earth 4-4-4, 4-8-4, Molasses.
I reuse soil and add Dolomitic lime yearly for minerals and PH balancing the peat.

Back
Top Bottom