Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

Hey everyone, sorry I've been AWOL. Together with spring, NHL playoffs and vacation, I just haven't been online much but I have been watching and reading the journal (how else would I know that rtk is thinking about getting a better pH meter? lol). I would like to say thanks to everyone though for all the compliments and love. It's really appreciated coming from such awesome, like-minded peers in this community. :thanks:

Cheers! :passitleft: (pass to the left please)

Oh, and I do agree that we need a better pH meter

Most of the parts for the Mars II 900 light failure came in, with a few more LEDs on their way from China apparently. I haven't inventoried the LEDs or confirmed with the LED layout they sent me that I have the parts I need. I guess I'll have to pick up a soldering iron this weekend and get at it if I want it get it running again.

Interesting packing material, can't say I wasn't a little scared I'd find a brown stain:

I'm frankly a little shocked they didn't offer to replace this light. After two failures in the first 6 months, to send me a handful of LEDs and a diagram is just a bit insensitive.

But there is a bright side. They've just forced me to learn all I need to know to build my own lights. Of course that'll require another round of obsessive research, I'll likely start a separate thread sometime this summer for that.

Amazon has had bad reviews for all mars products. They run hot. One guy had the II 1600, and it caught fire. Mars sent him LED'S too, he wanted a warranty replacement light, mars refused.

Your Spider (wrong spelling) seems legit from what I've seen. Sara is getting creamed on Amazon for selling units with known overheating issues. I did not believe Mars would send out single LED'S but now I'm a believer.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

May 13 (Friday) Update.

Autos: Revolver 2 is 71 days old, Dark devil 2 is 60, Lemon Skunk is 56, Candy Cane 3 is 31, Red Poison is 17, and Amnesia Haze is 1. Temp was 86 today with RH at 45% during lights on. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 22-24 inches from their lights. Overnight temp was 70 and 60% RH.

Photos: Purple Kush is 38 days old. Temp is 77 and RH is 45% at the canopy, 77 and 46% at the top, 71 and 55% overnight.

• AH got 300 ml of bubbled tap water at 161ppm and 5.8 PH

Another easy day. Our third Candy Cane needed her training readjusted, and our first Amnesia Haze has sprouted and got her first bit of water.

We've decided to finish our second Dark Devil this weekend, likely Sunday afternoon. She'll be 62 days then, the same age as our first who gave us 2.8 ounces. This one is bigger, so I'm hoping for 4+. I would've liked to run her out to at least 65 days, but I really need to make some space for C3. I clipped a branch this morning to hang dry and was a little shocked to see how big the nugs along the branches have become.

Our second Revolver will run until next weekend at least. I'd like to let her get at least a few days older than our first one, who we took at 72 days with a similar amount of white pistils remaining and was a bit airy.

Once R2D2 are out of the picture, our Lemon skunk completes our May trifecta the following week. She's exactly two weeks from finishing (by the breeder's schedule) tonight.

Fun month!

Training on our first Red Poison should be starting up by the end of the weekend, and with any luck our Purple Kush will stretch enough to start tucking her.

I can't help but think our photo's transplants are really stretching out our veg times, and I think I'll try cutting out the the middle one next time. Solo cup straight to airpot, maybe even straight to airpot, I'm pretty happy with the root balls we've been getting with our autos planted immediately into their final containers.

AH at 1 day (8.2 lbs before, 9 after her first watering) I've committed to naming a plant Cheryl, after an amazing friend and mom that I know, so Amnesia Haze is it. Hope she's prepared for the nastiness I'm preparing to put her through, it gets all 420 shades of green up in here! :

RP at 17 days (8.6 lbs, down from 9.2 yesterday):

C3 at 31 days (16 lbs, down from 21.8 after watering yesterday):

PK at 38 days (21.8 lbs, down from 23 yesterday):

LS at 56 days (17.2 lbs, down from 23 yesterday):

D2 at 60 days (12.8 lbs, down from 16.4 yesterday):

R2 at 71 days (15.4 lbs, down from 19.8 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

R2's pre-harvest branch, wet weight:

I'd love to see you take a DDA way past breeder's time lines. Mine usually run an additional 20 + days and I believe BB runs his just as long, if not longer. I don't know how he hangs on so long, I'm pulling at the reigns for the last three weeks as it is. He mentioned today that he lets all the fans fall off naturally before he thinks of taking her. I haven't been able to stay away from mine that long, but the swell that goes on in the last extended week is awesome to behold and the potency...... Whoa!!!

"420 shades of green". :rofl: You're such a hoot.

I'd love to see you take a DDA way past breeder's time lines. Mine usually run an additional 20 + days and I believe BB runs his just as long, if not longer. I don't know how he hangs on so long, I'm pulling at the reigns for the last three weeks as it is. He mentioned today that he lets all the fans fall off naturally before he thinks of taking her. I haven't been able to stay away from mine that long, but the swell that goes on in the last extended week is awesome to behold and the potency...... Whoa!!!

"420 shades of green". :rofl: You're such a hoot.

For SweetSue, I'll commit to running our third Dark Devil out to 80 days at a minimum. Just didn't plan for it this time. :) :hug:

Gorilla Seeds has the Red Poison at 8 weeks from seed. Really? 56 days with "slamming yields"? Challenge accepted.

I use breeder time as when to start flush. My NP states 60 days (from gorilla too). I pulled two plants at 70 days and still have one going at close to 90. She us looking ready now but is still drinking water. Her bottom buds still have green leaves, once they go, she'll go.

dec903c3905b1b550f22b6a37899a8ae.jpg

Middle

2090e7dea00ee482cc623a1e27d228c1.jpg

Bottom

e87583b424e6af61596e56c353f910db.jpg

I'll see if those 3 weeks change it at all.

Cheers

May 14 (Saturday) Update.

Autos: Revolver 2 is 72 days old, Dark devil 2 is 61, Lemon Skunk is 57, Candy Cane 3 is 32, Red Poison is 18, and Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 2. Temp was 87 today with RH at 43% during lights on. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 22-24 inches from their lights. Overnight temp was 69 and 58% RH.

Photos: Purple Kush is 39 days old. Temp is 79 and RH is 42% at the canopy, 78 and 45% at the top, 71 and 53% overnight.

• RP got her last partial watering, next time should be a full soak. She got 2.5 liters, 600 ml down her stem, 600 around the edge, and the rest in the tray.
  • R2 was flushed again with weak nutes (8 liters with 8 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B) at 312ppm and 5.8 PH

Family pics:

Cheryl at 2 days (8.4 lbs, down from 9 after her first watering:

RP at 18 days (7.8 lbs down from 8.6 yesterday, 12.8 after watering tonight):

C3 at 32 days (12.8 lbs, down from 16 yesterday):

PK at 39 days (20.8 lbs, down from 21.8 yesterday):

LS at 57 days (13.6 lbs, down from 17.2 yesterday):

D2 at 61 days (9.6 lbs, down from 12.8 yesterday):

R2 at 72 days (11.8 lbs down from 15.4 yesterday, 24.8 lbs after watering tonight):

Back in the tent:

Nice, I see you got your Temps down into high 70's. AC is paying for itself already. That's some of the whitest frost on you plant. I thought you had a PM problem until I looked closely.

Cheers

Looking awesome guys. :thumb:

Thanks Noob. Getting it down to a system hopefully.

Nice, I see you got your Temps down into high 70's. AC is paying for itself already. That's some of the whitest frost on you plant. I thought you had a PM problem until I looked closely.

Glad to have you watching bud. Fantastic job over at Sue's. :adore:

May 15 (Sunday) Update.

Autos: Revolver 2 is 73 days old, Lemon Skunk is 58, Candy Cane 3 is 33, Red Poison is 19, and Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 3. Temp was 86 today with RH at 44% during lights on. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 22-24 inches from their lights. Overnight temp was 71 and 59% RH.

Photos: Purple Kush is 40 days old. Temp is 80 and RH is 40% at the canopy, 78 and 44% at the top, 71 and 54% overnight.

• Cheryl got 1 liter of bubbled tap water (450ml down the stem, 300 around the edge, the rest in her tray) at 155ppm and 5.8 PH
  • C3 was soaked with her first bit of bloom nutes at half strength (6 liter with 15 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B and 7.5 ml of GO CaMg+) at 670ppm and 5.8 PH
  • LS was soaked with the same water as above, so she's no longer getting bloom fortifier and will get weak nutes next time as her flush.

Dark devil 2 was harvested at day 62. Her life story and harvest post will follow.

Trying something new with our First Red Poison. Cinching the lowest branches up rather than allowing them to grow outwards first. Hoping to get a more level start to the canopy, and open up more room below for ease of watering.

Our Third Candy Cane is such a stretchy girl. I've taken to bending her around a bit randomly just to weaken the longer stems a bit, so that she spends the day repairing it rather than stretching it.

Purple Kush has a beautiful stance and is finally putting on some height, but it's still going to be a 7 week veg it's looking like. Was hoping to knock a week or two off that.

Family pics:

Cheryl at 3 days (7.6 lbs down from 8.4 yesterday, 10.8 lbs after watering today):

RP at 19 days (10.6 lbs, down from 12.8 after watering yesterday):

After getting everything heading upward, and splitting her new tops a bit, not tied yet:

C3 at 33 days (9 lbs down from 12.8 yesterday, 21.8 lbs after watering today):

PK at 40 days (19.8 lbs, down from 20.8 yesterday):

LS at 58 days (9.4 lbs down from 13.6 yesterday, 22 lbs after watering tonight):

R2 at 73 days (19 lbs, down from 24.8 after watering yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Our Second Dark Devil got the axe today, really I just didn't plan to run her any longer and we were running out of space. So, chop chop!

Her life story:

One Week old:
March 21 Update.

D2 (6.2 lbs, down from 6.8 after watering yesterday):

Two Weeks:
March 28 Update.

D2 (6.0 lbs down from 6.6 yesterday, 7.8 after watering tonight) Droopy dry tonight:

Three Weeks:
April 4 Update.

D2 (9.2 lbs, down from 11.4 after watering yesterday):

After tying her down:

Four Weeks:
April 11 (Monday) Update.

Our second Dark Devil is finally starting to look good to me. I stretched her back out and made the two longest branches turn a corner rather than come straight out, and three hours later she looks like she loved it. Our last Dark had stupid strong branches, so I'm not expecting a few turns to bother her at all, weight wise later in bloom I mean of course.

D2 (13.4 lbs, down from 17.8 yesterday):

Before:

After retraining:

Five Weeks:
April 18 (Monday) Update.

D2 (8.8 lbs down from 12.8 yesterday, 20.4 after watering tonight):

Six Weeks:
April 25 (Monday) Update.

D2 (16.4 lbs, down from 20.2 after watering yesterday):

Seven Weeks:
May 2 (Monday) Update.

D2 (9.8 lbs down from 12.6 yesterday, 20.8 lbs after watering tonight):

Eight Weeks:
May 9 (Monday) Update.

D2 at 56 days (12.2 lbs down from 17.2 yesterday, 21.6 lbs after watering today) Huh, apparently I only grabbed some undernug pics:

Next up... Tonight's before and after harvest pictures:

Dark Devil 2's Harvest

Today's pics:

Without her fan leaves:

What's left:

very loose trim and she'll hang for three or four days I hope:

I'm gonna guess 4.5 ounces, Jaybiz says 3.9 to 4.1, either way it's more than our first.

Back
Top Bottom