Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

hello is it normal for the buds to start out this bright yellow ? does this plant look healthy? they seem to be growing good .first time grower here thanks
grow_1411.jpg
Ots normal looks yellow but bright green... means healthy new growth .

I have a question. I recently started a new grow in a 18gal tote. I have 2 air stones pumping the nutes, but keep running into problems..every 3 days my tote begins to smell and get murky. I have 2ml per gal of hydroguard. Is the smell just over active Bennys, or is it bad bacteria growing? Ph steadily rises everyday currently sitting at 6.4. My grow tent gets a little warm (low 80s) and my water is warm to upper 70s. I know this is not ideal but any help wouuld be appreciated before I once again dump and clean, wasting nutes.
Your water might be getting a bit too warm, the murkyness suggests a res change, smell can be normal depending on the kind of nutes you are currently using. May I ask what type of water you are using as well as what nutes are you using?

This is one thing I believe in, as a new or newish grower I highly suggest in investing in good strains from a good breeder. 1 u know what ur getting 2 ur starting with good genetics so the plants Gona grow well with minimal effort an 3 ur Gona have good smoke. Problem with bag seed is u don't know what ur growing, could be good weed or could be crap weed. An I find bag seed has tendicies to hermie (they got seeds for a reason) an I find they r never stable strains. But having said that I've grown an smoked bag seed that was amazing so it's a gamble. But again for newish growers I reccomed starting with a known strain from a seed bank but that's just my opinion :)
I agree but as a newcomer finding the right genetics and strains can prove to be really hard and sometimes impossible. Next to new with limited or no growing exp also makes it hard to establish what is good and what is bad.

I have a question. I recently started a new grow in a 18gal tote. I have 2 air stones pumping the nutes, but keep running into problems..every 3 days my tote begins to smell and get murky. I have 2ml per gal of hydroguard. Is the smell just over active Bennys, or is it bad bacteria growing? Ph steadily rises everyday currently sitting at 6.4. My grow tent gets a little warm (low 80s) and my water is warm to upper 70s. I know this is not ideal but any help wouuld be appreciated before I once again dump and clean, wasting nutes.
Have you considered getting some z7? That will help you in so many ways trust me lol

You've left out a lot of information. What kind of media are you growing in? What kind of nutes are you using? If you're in DWC, those water temps are going to be really hard to work around.

Your water might be getting a bit too warm, the murkyness suggests a res change, smell can be normal depending on the kind of nutes you are currently using. May I ask what type of water you are using as well as what nutes are you using?
My water is definetly getting to warm..i am using a mix of tap that has a base ppm of 175 and store bought purified water. I am also using General Hydroponics flora trio..micro, grow, bloom.

You've left out a lot of information. What kind of media are you growing in? What kind of nutes are you using? If you're in DWC, those water temps are going to be really hard to work around.
It is in a rockwool cube inside hydroton that has been thoroughly cleaned and Ph'd. Nutes are GH flora trio. Plus hydroguard. I am considering switching out tote rez for a ice chest to help with keeping solution temps down.

My water is definetly getting to warm..i am using a mix of tap that has a base ppm of 175 and store bought purified water. I am also using General Hydroponics flora trio..micro, grow, bloom.
Ok try to use the store bought only for a week. Two types of water sources can work against you once you add nutes. Your ppm is going to rise either way once you add nutes. I'm going to assume you are using Reverse Osmosis water? (RO). Damn General Hydroponics lol. Your ph should be just about perfect using only RO water. Add your nutes and you should be golden

I make sure mine are showing sex before I flip. And load them up with P and a little more K to boost flower production before the flip. I have 3 babies in veg about the same time as yous Lonestar. Except Friday is my 6 week mark. So these last 2 waters I follow my feed schedule as it's a little bit higher in the PK ranges.

i need some feedback on mammoth p , i ordered some and it should be here tomorrow. is it safe to use with Advanced Nutrients and terpinator ? how well does ot work ?
I'm new to mammoth p but from my understanding its an addition, not a replacement for nutes. Ive added it to my fox farm nutrients and they've shown great results, even when adding it to just filtered water it doesn't even change ph so just add to your nute regiment and sit back and watch the progress! Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom