Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

well jeez i did not know that, thank you for the heads up! well i will be vegging to 3 and a half weeks then.

in a way they are like most animals ... they have to reach maturity or become adult if you will before they can reproduce and that takes most hybrid strains about 3 weeks ... now pls dont burn me if its 4 weeks .... ;p

just a quick question , what happens if your on an 18/6 cycle for veg but something comes up in yoyr life that may change the light cycle and you dont want to flower yet . example , i have a timer , 6am lights on , 12 am lights off .
im having an inspection being done on a monday, i have to disassemble my tent,lights,filter everything and hide my 5 plants for a couple hours in the dark . then rebuild everything back up again .
should i let them go from 6am sunday morning to 8 am monday morning then after the inspection is done i can rebuild my set up and put my plants back in . so lets say ill be up and running at 5pm monday . will an extended light cycle followed by a extended dark cycle put them into flower? i need a game plan . all i know is 9am monday morning i gotta be cleaned up and hidden . whats the best possible plan ?
6am sunday lights on , lights off 8am monday , lights back on monday at 4 pm until 12 am then just start my normal cycle tuesday and so on of 6am to 12 am ?

hey guys, I want to try some colloidal silver treatment for some fem seeds, my friend gave me some ionic silver 16-20ppm which supposed to be the equivalent to 50-60 PPM Colloidal silver, does anyone know if this will work?

The Info on the bottle reads:-

"Colloidal Silver manufactured using low voltage electrolysis (2-40 Volts DC) typically contains 20-40% Silver Ions. This is the active ingredient in Colloidal Silver and carries a positive electrical charge. In "liquid Life" all the silver is in this active positively charged ionic form and does not contain any inert silver colloids.

Ingredients:
Silver Ions, Steam distilled water.

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers,
Juz420

You should start spraying the day you flip if not the day before, the CS will prevent a female plant from producing a hormone called ethylene. Without ethylene she cant produce pistilate flowers so produces staminate flowers instead. With CS you need to spray daily until she produces pollen sacs.

You should start spraying the day you flip if not the day before, the CS will prevent a female plant from producing a hormone called ethylene. Without ethylene she cant produce pistilate flowers so produces staminate flowers instead. With CS you need to spray daily until she produces pollen sacs.
Thanks Pennywise,
Let's say, if you only want to do one branch, what would be the best way to isolate it?, and, is the rest of the plant still safe to use?

Cheers,

Juz420

I just bend the branch away from the rest of the plant and lay plastic wrap over the plant when i spray then remove when im done. The buds will be fine on the rest of the plant. Look in my latest journal and a couple days ago i showed the branches ive sprayed on 2 of my girls.

I dont think a few hours of dark will send them into flower.

I would be carefull with statements like that... plants sense darkness and when they sense a longer dark they can trigger flower... i would make sure to interupt the long dark for like 30min to avoid stressed plants when put bck in tent

it's only some bagseeds that i have , dont have the budget for expensive genetics

This is one thing I believe in, as a new or newish grower I highly suggest in investing in good strains from a good breeder. 1 u know what ur getting 2 ur starting with good genetics so the plants Gona grow well with minimal effort an 3 ur Gona have good smoke. Problem with bag seed is u don't know what ur growing, could be good weed or could be crap weed. An I find bag seed has tendicies to hermie (they got seeds for a reason) an I find they r never stable strains. But having said that I've grown an smoked bag seed that was amazing so it's a gamble. But again for newish growers I reccomed starting with a known strain from a seed bank but that's just my opinion :)

I just noticed the whites spots on all three of my plants!! I'm sure it's spider mites, as I've been struggling with them on my rose bush.

It's kind of hard to see in the pics, but I found around 20 spots in total.
420-magazine-mobile1568291564.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1227009674.jpg
420-magazine-mobile617634605.jpg

I just noticed the whites spots on all three of my plants!! I'm sure it's spider mites, as I've been struggling with them on my rose bush.

It's kind of hard to see in the pics, but I found around 20 spots in total.
420-magazine-mobile1568291564.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1227009674.jpg
420-magazine-mobile617634605.jpg
U sure u didnt spill but of mix on them?

This is one thing I believe in, as a new or newish grower I highly suggest in investing in good strains from a good breeder. 1 u know what ur getting 2 ur starting with good genetics so the plants Gona grow well with minimal effort an 3 ur Gona have good smoke. Problem with bag seed is u don't know what ur growing, could be good weed or could be crap weed. An I find bag seed has tendicies to hermie (they got seeds for a reason) an I find they r never stable strains. But having said that I've grown an smoked bag seed that was amazing so it's a gamble. But again for newish growers I reccomed starting with a known strain from a seed bank but that's just my opinion :)
I agree.

I have a question. I recently started a new grow in a 18gal tote. I have 2 air stones pumping the nutes, but keep running into problems..every 3 days my tote begins to smell and get murky. I have 2ml per gal of hydroguard. Is the smell just over active Bennys, or is it bad bacteria growing? Ph steadily rises everyday currently sitting at 6.4. My grow tent gets a little warm (low 80s) and my water is warm to upper 70s. I know this is not ideal but any help wouuld be appreciated before I once again dump and clean, wasting nutes.

I have a question. I recently started a new grow in a 18gal tote. I have 2 air stones pumping the nutes, but keep running into problems..every 3 days my tote begins to smell and get murky. I have 2ml per gal of hydroguard. Is the smell just over active Bennys, or is it bad bacteria growing? Ph steadily rises everyday currently sitting at 6.4. My grow tent gets a little warm (low 80s) and my water is warm to upper 70s. I know this is not ideal but any help wouuld be appreciated before I once again dump and clean, wasting nutes.
Btw roots still look great..nice and white.

Back
Top Bottom