Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

420-magazine-mobile2015497787.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1728046868.jpg
420-magazine-mobile487408209.jpg
are these cloudy or clear I can't tell if it's done or not

Do you have $15? You can get a jeweler loupe on ebay which is better than the naked eye and can be used with a camera phone zoom if you have skills.

I can't tell based off photos, sorry.

hey guys on day 71 first grow how close do you think these girls are thanks
coming down to the wire and getting nervous,,,lol
20170706_200112_2_.jpg
20170706_193400_2_.jpg

I still see green pistils. How much longer depends on how you enjoy your smoke. Do you have a loupe to check the triches under magnification? I prefer Half cloudy half amber. Others like mostly amber. It's your bud and your preference. Get a loupe and check the colors.

Its a kingbo 45w led light bro... like 30 bucks on amazon...

You need a stronger light. See how all your growth is compacted and no vertical growth? I had a cheapie mini LED like that in my garage on some autos and they too had real compacted growth like that.

I thought to myself awesome! Compacted growth = more bud sites and branches. I was wrong because I just didnt have the verticle growth to go with it.

Those cheap lights just aren't strong enough to produce the quality of light these plants need.

Pay once and cry once!

Whoaaaa... Your plant NEEDS more light! It's stretching out looking for it. See how far apart the spacing is between the nodes? That isn't normal at all.

Please provide details on soil brand, nutrients you use, ph of your water, light source, etc.

FYI... I think you might also be drowning the plant. The leaves look droopy. Let that soil dry out. Stick that plant outside for a day or two or five. Seriously though. Dry the soil and get it under quality MH / LED or sunlight like now.

You need a stronger light. See how all your growth is compacted and no vertical growth? I had a cheapie mini LED like that in my garage on some autos and they too had real compacted growth like that.

I thought to myself awesome! Compacted growth = more bud sites and branches. I was wrong because I just didnt have the verticle growth to go with it.

Those cheap lights just aren't strong enough to produce the quality of light these plants need.

Pay once and cry once!
I know bro ... but thats all i could afford for now.. i wish i could get a higher wattage light but thats not possible now... so this will have to do for now... unless someone would donate one to me hahaha... one love man...

Whoaaaa... Your plant NEEDS more light! It's stretching out looking for it. See how far apart the spacing is between the nodes? That isn't normal at all.

Please provide details on soil brand, nutrients you use, ph of your water, light source, etc.

Its not strong Seed bro I planted it to test it and I used some soil That Was for flowers it had cow Poop and other stuff bro the light I have isn't very strong its 40w Just hadn't had money to buy a stronger one And I use regular Drinking water bottles

So its better off outside .? Cause I was trying to home grown it But didnt have the money yo buy a good light But like it don't matter to me how much I spend just as long as it healthy And Growing

Thanks Pterostychus you've been a great help already, because it's my first proper grow I just don't want to make any mistakes.
Don't be afraid to make any mistakes, you will make mistakes and then you'll learn a lot from it. I've lost 1 olant due to overfeeding and now I know exacly how feeding works! Sure it isn't fun to lose plants or to damage a plant or the harvest but that's what makes you learn!

Does anyone know if there is a good way of repairing a stem that broke from the main trunk? I used a bandaid but don't know if there is even a point. Will it mend itself?
No worries, just use duct tape or a bandage, as long as the stem is still connected then it's okay. In veg it will eventually heal and in flower the broken stem wil not heal but when the broken part is proparly connected tgen that should be enought to let fluids go through them.

Its not strong Seed bro I planted it to test it and I used some soil That Was for flowers it had cow Poop and other stuff bro the light I have isn't very strong its 40w Just hadn't had money to buy a stronger one And I use regular Drinking water bottles

The ph on some of those drinking bottles is too high for MJ. The high ph prevents the plant from absorbing certain nutrients. Also, over watering drowns the plant because the roots also breathe in oxygen. Crazy right? Only water when the soil is dry down to your first knuckle. For seedlings I only water around the base of the stem and as far out as the furthest leaf. Your roots are still small and growing.

You need a ph pen. ph up/down solution, nutrients, lighting, ventilation (depending where you live). You can make a tent out of foil and cardboard boxes.

Oh yes, ph test your sink water. You might get lucky and have perfect MJ water and not even know it. A pool ph test kit will be able to give you good results. I prefer a ph of around 6.0 to 6.5 but I use soil like you.

Back
Top Bottom