Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Were they low on the plant getting almost no light? If so that's efficiency. If not, we need to know way more info .
She was recently flushed for the first time 1 week ago. Just put the fox farm mix with a little cal mag at 70percent.

As for light, here's a pic.
420-magazine-mobile1476888949.jpg

She was recently flushed for the first time 1 week ago. Just put the fox farm mix with a little cal mag at 70percent.

As for light, here's a pic.
420-magazine-mobile1476888949.jpg
I also used fox farm but I'm hydro .. And funny we both thought it was light related.. (And nice set up beeef!) Mine is kinda similar I have 1000 and a 1200 in a 5x5x7.. what we mean is not light for the plant as a whole . but rather light on those leaves directly.
Like were they below the canopy? getting no direct light?
Again to avoid confusion I'm not saying this is your issue. I was explaining our guess about it being light related.

Mine went away on its own rather fast I wouldnt worry unless it starts getting worse. continue to investigate though as I have learned more in my troubles than all my successes combined. And if it does keep getting worse your already on it.

How do I create a new thread on here? Sorry for asking this on your forum lolol
Lol.....nice handle!

Not sure what you're using to come on the Forum but if it's an Android smartphone, the bottom right-hand corner of your screen there is a circle that's green with a white Plus in it. If you hit that button, it will open up a drop down menu that asks you what you would like to do including "new topic".... Simple as that. Not sure from a desktop, not sure from an iPhone but now you're 1/3 there LOL. Just make sure you open your thread in the correct portion of the Forum.

Welcome to the Forum my friend!

My advice is incomplete sorry, what's runoff? I just assume your ph is stable with no swings. Can be strain dependent but typically that's a good spot. You can smile at a 6.8 though .
I'm afraid I'm going to lose this girl. Today's leaves are a little bit worse. My run off is 6.3, and the water I fed was a 6.7 as I increased it by 2 points as per your advice Growch. I have another Snow White Auto, sitting literally inches away from her under the same light getting fed the same water and the same treatment all around. She looks a hundred times better, way more full although she does have very similar symptoms just not as advanced. My other plant in the cabinet, also getting the same is thriving. This example isn't too bad, she was just right up front where I could get her easily.
420-magazine-mobile848618551.jpg

Whether you manage to get her on the right track or not, those effected leaves will never get better. You would only see improvement on new growth and since you're not in veg anymore, you can hope to just stop it getting worse. It's amazing to see the different requirements each plant has and to learn them for that strain. Sorry about your lady, hopefully she will pull through with some bud for you.

Whether you manage to get her on the right track or not, those effected leaves will never get better. You would only see improvement on new growth and since you're not in veg anymore, you can hope to just stop it getting worse. It's amazing to see the different requirements each plant has and to learn them for that strain. Sorry about your lady, hopefully she will pull through with some bud for you.
Thanks Growch. Your suspicion is the same as mine though, Calcium deficiency? How do my run off numbers affect what's going on?

I agree. You're putting 6.5 in and getting a lower number out. So your soil ph must be lower than that, making runoff in between. If you water at a higher ph it should bring your ph up closer to 6.5 in your soil. I know next to nothing about soil grows in person but have read a lot so maybe one other person can confirm for sure what I'm thinking.

Youre awesome. Great advice and that totally makes sense. So if my water going in is 6.7 and my water coming out is 6.2 that means that my soil is somewhere in between, so raising it up to a 6.8 or 7 might get me into a more optimal range for calcium and magnesium uptake. Huh, never thought of that..... Thanks again Growch!

I agree. You're putting 6.5 in and getting a lower number out. So your soil ph must be lower than that, making runoff in between. If you water at a higher ph it should bring your ph up closer to 6.5 in your soil. I know next to nothing about soil grows in person but have read a lot so maybe one other person can confirm for sure what I'm thinking.
I agree with the growchy...lol

420-magazine-mobile517804979.jpg

The peat moss in your soil is an acidic buffer ( lowering ph over time). Also over nutrients ( which is not your problem) can also cause acidic soil. Because we know its not too many nuteients and we know your run off ph is low... i suggest a 1/3 strength nutrient with 3.5ml cal mag per gallon ( this is assuming we are starting with clean reverse osmosis water, otherwise use only 2ml) ph'd to 6.9... yes 6.9. This will start you at the top of the acceptable zone and can drift down as you correct over time. Next grow..... Add dolomite lime to you soil to combat the peat moss soil buffer. Tajes 4 weeks to start working(ish). These 2 combined will keep You at a 6.7 ph buffer zone. I usually Add 3 shot glasses full (each shot) glass is about 3 tbs for 5 gallon pots..

In any event, for now. Water with 1/3 strength & add calmag at 6.9 ph and read run off. When run off ppm gets back to the same as you are adding (atound 600 to 800 ppm in... say 1000ppm out and ph run off is ph 6.7, then id go back to 1/4 strength and ph 6.5).

Just a thought.. ✌

420-magazine-mobile1796433528.jpg

Watsup 420 fam?!
Question: what would you suggest for a feed to a gentleman like myself, if i planned on feeding one last time and flipping to 12/12 the following day? Would you bother with 24hrs of darkness?

My specs- pro mix Mycorrhizae, 6 plants, 3 in 10gal, 3 in 15 gal. Approx 3 feet in height, the 30th will be exactly 2 months of veg. Vegging under 3 hid 1000z dimmed to 750 w each. Will be flowering at 4 1000w. Thank u!!!

420-magazine-mobile598496894.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1030608344.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1088615602.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1232657229.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1892774152.jpg

I agree with the growchy...lol

420-magazine-mobile517804979.jpg

The peat moss in your soil is an acidic buffer ( lowering ph over time). Also over nutrients ( which is not your problem) can also cause acidic soil. Because we know its not too many nuteients and we know your run off ph is low... i suggest a 1/3 strength nutrient with 3.5ml cal mag per gallon ( this is assuming we are starting with clean reverse osmosis water, otherwise use only 2ml) ph'd to 6.9... yes 6.9. This will start you at the top of the acceptable zone and can drift down as you correct over time. Next grow..... Add dolomite lime to you soil to combat the peat moss soil buffer. Tajes 4 weeks to start working(ish). These 2 combined will keep You at a 6.7 ph buffer zone. I usually Add 3 shot glasses full (each shot) glass is about 3 tbs for 5 gallon pots..

In any event, for now. Water with 1/3 strength & add calmag at 6.9 ph and read run off. When run off ppm gets back to the same as you are adding (atound 600 to 800 ppm in... say 1000ppm out and ph run off is ph 6.7, then id go back to 1/4 strength and ph 6.5).

Just a thought.. ✌

420-magazine-mobile1796433528.jpg
You guy's are amazing. Ok stay tuned for some results....on the bright side, Ive not got too many leaves left to lose, lol. You guy's don't think this has anything to do with a recent defol of my autos do you?

Back
Top Bottom