Attempting A TLO Grow: East Coast

All righty then. Hello everybody, today I am going to update you on some things that I have observed in the garden. I moved my seedlings into the 5 x 5 under 680 whites and I raised them about 3 feet from the light using a table. I then proceeded to water them with bottled mineral water and infused that water with aquarium water until it was 100 ppm. Oh I noticed that the plant took a hit from the increased nutrients in the water after I watered them. I also noticed that me putting the plants in the environment of the 5 x 5 made them grow slower because of the intensity of the light. Because of this I have decided to move my 680 watt white into my flower tent and move my 350 watt light into my 5 x 5 tent. I am hoping this will give me a more relaxed vegetation chamber in the future. I also will start to use bottled spring water on the plants for germination or dolomite lime infused reverse osmosis water, because the aquarium water was too much for the young siblings or maybe I just put too much either way I should have used less or none at all until they were of a more mature age to handle the higher ppm level. I’m hoping in the future that the more relaxed water and the more relaxed environment as far as light intensity as a seedling will help the plants get off to a better start because at first I had slow growth with the colder environment but With the proper light intensity. If I paired the proper environment with the proper light intensity for the stage of growth in the plant I believe the plant would grow very fast. I’ll promise to achieve these things to all of you and mistakes are part of the learning process and if I didn’t make them then I wouldn’t be a good grower! A Kuna Matata what a wonderful day :)
On a sidenote I got a few more goodies to make my grow a little more special. I got a container to hold water that I drink myself that I put through a three stage hydrologic reverse osmosis filter and then remineralize using a post re-mineralization filter also by hydrologic. I also got a table to put it on so I put that in my soil building tent. But how did I get room in my soil building tent with the two compost tumblers on the floor well? I got a shelving system and I stacked them. Now I have two compost Tumblr’s on a shelf next to the living water station. Slightly unnecessary you may say but it is in the name of saving space. I will attach pics of the new gear and also of how the plants are doing. In the next post I will talk about how my living soil is doing starting my worm farm moving my lights seeing how my seedlings are doing and potentially popping new seeds because these ones may have Been damaged. But that doesn’t mean I can’t fix them so I probably won’t sprout seeds for at least another 2 to 4 weeks. I will also talk about how I’m brewing my living water in the next post and I want to start growing microgreens for myself on my racks.

All righty then. Hello everybody, today I am going to update you on some things that I have observed in the garden. I moved my seedlings into the 5 x 5 under 680 whites and I raised them about 3 feet from the light using a table. I then proceeded to water them with bottled mineral water and infused that water with aquarium water until it was 100 ppm. Oh I noticed that the plant took a hit from the increased nutrients in the water after I watered them. I also noticed that me putting the plants in the environment of the 5 x 5 made them grow slower because of the intensity of the light. Because of this I have decided to move my 680 watt white into my flower tent and move my 350 watt light into my 5 x 5 tent. I am hoping this will give me a more relaxed vegetation chamber in the future. I also will start to use bottled spring water on the plants for germination or dolomite lime infused reverse osmosis water, because the aquarium water was too much for the young siblings or maybe I just put too much either way I should have used less or none at all until they were of a more mature age to handle the higher ppm level. I’m hoping in the future that the more relaxed water and the more relaxed environment as far as light intensity as a seedling will help the plants get off to a better start because at first I had slow growth with the colder environment but With the proper light intensity. If I paired the proper environment with the proper light intensity for the stage of growth in the plant I believe the plant would grow very fast. I’ll promise to achieve these things to all of you and mistakes are part of the learning process and if I didn’t make them then I wouldn’t be a good grower! A Kuna Matata what a wonderful day :)
On a sidenote I got a few more goodies to make my grow a little more special. I got a container to hold water that I drink myself that I put through a three stage hydrologic reverse osmosis filter and then remineralize using a post re-mineralization filter also by hydrologic. I also got a table to put it on so I put that in my soil building tent. But how did I get room in my soil building tent with the two compost tumblers on the floor well? I got a shelving system and I stacked them. Now I have two compost Tumblr’s on a shelf next to the living water station. Slightly unnecessary you may say but it is in the name of saving space. I will attach pics of the new gear and also of how the plants are doing. In the next post I will talk about how my living soil is doing starting my worm farm moving my lights seeing how my seedlings are doing and potentially popping new seeds because these ones may have Been damaged. But that doesn’t mean I can’t fix them so I probably won’t sprout seeds for at least another 2 to 4 weeks. I will also talk about how I’m brewing my living water in the next post and I want to start growing microgreens for myself on my racks.
Sounds great my friend.
I found a cheep fluorescent was the best for little seedlings and clones.
I tried various lights and still came back to the fluorescent.
Just a thought. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

Sounds great my friend.
I found a cheep fluorescent was the best for little seedlings and clones.
I tried various lights and still came back to the fluorescent.
Just a thought. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill
yes I'm going to sprout under the 350 at like 3 feet away at temps from 99-92 degrees next time. hopefully the combination of the lesslight and high temps result in perfect growth and germination. I would sprout them under the lfoursecents but I hear the rev saying the higher power lights and the higher temps make it a powerful sprout but I'm sure your method of letting them work their way up to a more powerful light is also very good. I wish I just went that route but now I'm stuck learning form the mistake lol but I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you for your interest bill I will post pics on the moving of the lights soon and let everyone know how its going! really considering sprouting again in a few weeks if these seedlingds don't improve by than, I think they will tho

yes I'm going to sprout under the 350 at like 3 feet away at temps from 99-92 degrees next time. hopefully the combination of the lesslight and high temps result in perfect growth and germination. I would sprout them under the lfoursecents but I hear the rev saying the higher power lights and the higher temps make it a powerful sprout but I'm sure your method of letting them work their way up to a more powerful light is also very good. I wish I just went that route but now I'm stuck learning form the mistake lol but I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you for your interest bill I will post pics on the moving of the lights soon and let everyone know how its going! really considering sprouting again in a few weeks if these seedlingds don't improve by than, I think they will tho
I did about 24 clones a month.
Tried various lights side by side sometimes they always did better under that cheep fluorescent.
It surprised me.
Looking forward to your pics.

Stay safe
Bill

Pictures of the seedlings, we need to help these guys. They got stressed w sns 209, fish tank water, and light.
I gave them sns 209 a little every day in their water to repel pests because I saw small white things on the leaves. Not sure what they were but I was able to rub them off the leaves and blow them off. I never saw anything moving on the plant tho or damage to the plants yet and now after the sns 209 they gave decreased.
The fish tank water we introduced in the waterings has presented issues. Brought the ppm from 60 to 100 and this was the most shock the plant received besides the increase in light. The ppm was too high for the 10-day old seedlings plus the ipm and they got stressed. Slow growth and some leaf burn plus the drooping leaves are from slight overwatering.
The other problem is that I put them 3 feet away from a 680 watt fixture at 10 days old after a transplant. They came from 3 feet away from a 350 and were very happy. I think doubling their light stressed them out. In combination I think the fish tank water, ipm, transplant and increase in light and temp shocked them pretty badly. I was supposed to take it easy on these guys and it sound like I got a little exited lol.
Anyways, I think I'm going to move my 680 watt light to my 4x8 flower room and take a hlg 350r and put it in the 5x5 for veg. I will wait a few weeks to see how these turn out and if they do not look so good i will restart with the same strains because i have 4 more seeds of each type. Hopefully, these pull through but if not i do have that as a backup. This is such a slow process but in a blink of an eys things can go south. In tlo it is much more about what you don't do than what you'd do lol. I need to learn this and will continue to learn and become awesome at growing cannabis plants!

25EAFDC2-C91B-4FDC-A2FB-10089922904E.jpeg

CE2808A2-0B64-43F7-AB3B-8BA7D466192E.jpeg

3719189D-BBCD-4C45-BA84-E9624AE56A88.jpeg

CF784CE9-6738-4E1C-9FB6-EECB99BB49A2.jpeg

EC23AFE6-848E-4B8B-AD38-7C68970F2FFF.jpeg

B81408D6-2078-40B2-B784-9B9D6A2F3C29.jpeg

B7AD3B2A-0D7E-4EDE-9B22-D331675E8CAA.jpeg

56CD115F-B90A-498C-99B0-26D068B36AF0.jpeg

837A0F85-12D7-4583-950B-E023CD0A8392.jpeg

Jeebus.

Something is sure dead wrong.
Either over or under watered.
Or maybe this SNS 209 isn't as mild as they claim, I've never used it so no idea.

In Living Soil bugs are not always a bad thing, in many cases just the opposite.

Personally if all I had to go on is just the picture they actually look under watered, especially if you had strong light on them.
Doesn't this 680w light have a dimmer?
Id get a LUX meter and use a LUX to PPFD calculator to get proper PPFD levels, its only about $25.

I just went back and glazed over a few post.
It appears you're using the Revs soil recipe which I think is a "super soil" is it not? I may be thinking of another one.
But if it is, did you cook it at least 30 days?
And is that the soil the seedlings are in?
If so they are probably cooked with a way too potent soil.

I may have missed where this was discussed.

Jeebus.

Something is sure dead wrong.
Either over or under watered.
Or maybe this SNS 209 isn't as mild as they claim, I've never used it so no idea.

In Living Soil bugs are not always a bad thing, in many cases just the opposite.

Personally if all I had to go on is just the picture they actually look under watered, especially if you had strong light on them.
Doesn't this 680w light have a dimmer?
Id get a LUX meter and use a LUX to PPFD calculator to get proper PPFD levels, its only about $25.
im giving them less light now under an hlg 350 at 3 feet and lowered the temperature to like 70-85 during the day with a long ramp up period because night temps are like 65-70. Hoping the less light is going to help them but do you think these are viable to grow or they took too hard of a hit and they are going to suffer in potency in the end?

I just went back and glazed over a few post.
It appears you're using the Revs soil recipe which I think is a "super soil" is it not? I may be thinking of another one.
But if it is, did you cook it at least 30 days?
And is that the soil the seedlings are in?
If so they are probably cooked with a way too potent soil.

I may have missed where this was discussed.
hahah very possible and that is why I'm scared to use the batch I'm cooking now till the full 30 days but to answer the soil mix question they are in +the revs fast mix or apartment style TLO soil blend. soil, perlite/vermiculite(50/50), worm castings and coco. Plus a cup of greensand. Still have more made if I need to plant new seedlings, let me know if you think I should start over weoth new seedlings or use these for the next few weeks and see how they pan out?

im giving them less light now under an hlg 350 at 3 feet and lowered the temperature to like 70-85 during the day with a long ramp up period because night temps are like 65-70. Hoping the less light is going to help them but do you think these are viable to grow or they took too hard of a hit and they are going to suffer in potency in the end?
Its hard to say.
I've seen some i thought were basically dead and the guy literally pissed on it and it came back to decent growth.
So I am hesitant to bring out Dr McCoy too soon now.
They could bounce right back and if you're not pressed for time or stash might be worth trying to save just for the experience of doing it, could help you later on.

Its hard to say.
I've seen some i thought were basically dead and the guy literally pissed on it and it came back to decent growth.
So I am hesitant to bring out Dr McCoy too soon now.
They could bounce right back and if you're not pressed for time or stash might be worth trying to save just for the experience of doing it, could help you later on.
For sure, I’ll keep em growing and maybe even plant more if I think I can handle it. I’m sure this time , the third time basically . I can get it right with germinating and than keeping them healthy until they are big and strong !

I’m pretty much determined to not only plant these but to plant other things once I get the hang of this. I know I messed up with the environment and my transplanting but I bet these seeds will be ok and on the future there will be plenty of seeds so patience and keeping my health and future on loco are the top priority. A healthy grower is a healthy plant. Never do something when it is rushed or not the right time. Goodnight everyone and thank you

That makes sense. You're in practice mode now trying to learn what works and what doesn't. Adding a bunch more seeds doesn't speed your learning curve all that much, but does give you a lot more plants to take care of.

Probably best to consider this run a tester run to establish a baseline, then use the knowledge you get to improve subsequent grows. You'll likely still get a reasonable harvest but won't have wasted a bunch more seeds before you have the info you need to really take advantage of your set-up, which is very impressive, by the way.

Hello and good morning. I am thinking about my grow today and would lie to discuss the plan I have in mind for the current run. I have 4 strains (regular) and I plan to select the finest males and females from the bunch. Than I will clone the prime female and flower out the rest of the females. Than recycle all soil and plant matter after harvest. I will than clone aeroponically in my ez cloner, and flower the clones once they reach the size I desire. I will also take the males and separate them into a gorilla tent with a hundred watt hlg panel. Should be enough light to keep males in till they release pollen. Im worried that the seeds I started are not going to be ideal enough to flower/collect pollen or take clones from. I’m thinking about starting more seeds of the same kind and not stunting them this time. But I would still like to preserve what I have already sprouted. I have 4 more of each strain that I decided to grow. If I want to give it one last shot at not hurting them I could restart and do it right. Or I can salvage what I already have and learn what I can from that. Really I’m just impatient with the whole process and would like to have some happy plant that would mean the world to me. I’m going to send some pictures of the sprouts and hopefully they can rebound. Everyone let me know what you think about the use of my grow tents and if you think I should restart again. I plant on using the 5x5 with 350 watt (hlg 350r) and I have a 2x2.5 with 100 wat hlg panel in it for male separation. Than I have a 4x8 with 1 photobio phantom 680 on one half and 1 hlg 350 r on the other half. I plant on keeping my flowering plant limit in the 4x8 to 8. So I will veg all my strains and when doing a strain hunt flower from seed but really I’m after the clones because of the growth traits they have in containers (more potent according to the rev). My point is does anyone think I can use my tents more efficiently in the mean time to get a harvest ASAP ? If anyone thinks I can get a shortcut to harvest here I’m open to ideas. Maybe new autoflower seeds or somthing along those lines ? Thank you everyone and have a great day!

Fast, you want a SOG (Sea of Green) do like 10, 5 gallon fabric pots and only veg for 2 weeks then flip to flower.
Thats about 11 weeks.
Thats also mostly bottled nutrients.
Better off using coco.

Best quality and easiest is use 20+ gallon fabric pots, get your soil right before you ever plant a seed, spend a couple weeks or so just growing soil.
Get a cover crop going, put in some worms, some Rove Beetles, mulch layer, get the soil warmed up and alive.
Then plant.
Thats usually about a 16 week grow, but better quality and a virtually guaranteed good harvest.
You would probably get about the same yield from 4, 20 gallon fabric pots as 10, 5 gallon short veg SOG.

The difference being in the 5 gallon pots you're the one feeding and if you make a mistake , too much, too little, imbalance etc then it all could go belly up.
In the 20+ gallon fabric pots in a proper soil the soil pretty much does at least 90% of the work for you, all you need to do is simply keep the soil moist with watering about 5-10% of soil volume 5-7 days a week depending on growth, transpiration, environment etc.

My advice is get at least one small grow under your belt so you have success, then expand a bit each grow.

Back
Top Bottom