Keffka's Recycling, KOS Blue Thai, Herbies Seeds Apple Betty, Runtz Punch

I'm going to use it with the rain water I collect. Make a good thing even better.

Going to have to get a dedicated pitcher for it though...

What does the bubbling do, other than mix and agitate it for a bit, does he go into detail?

Edit: Nm. I'll go have a look myself.

I'm going to use it with the rain water I collect. Make a good thing even better.

Going to have to get a dedicated pitcher for it though...

What does the bubbling do, other than mix and agitate it for a bit, does he go into detail?

Edit: Nm. I'll go have a look myself.

Aeration plays a few parts. One is to agitate it yes, but it’s really useful to keep water from going anaerobic. If you’ve got an aerator bubbling the surface (just making sure bubbles come up and break the surface) you can let the water sit for as long as you want without concern for anaerobic conditions.

If I understood it correctly, Rev uses the same containers without ever washing them out. He throws a bubbler in each one and just refills it with water as needed. This helps to build up a lot of aerobic bacteria friendly to his environment from my understanding of his explanation.

If I understood it correctly, Rev uses the same containers without ever washing them out. He throws a bubbler in each one and just refills it with water as needed. This helps to build up a lot of aerobic bacteria friendly to his environment from my understanding of his explanation.
Yeah, but using the lemonade pitcher will probably be frowned upon. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but using the lemonade pitcher will probably be frowned upon. :rolleyes:

It will be, just like the measuring spoons 🤣

I had to go pickup stuff specific for the grow. I found a couple gallon pitchers at Kroger for 5$ each and also have 5 gallon buckets from Lowe’s.

I'll go check out my local grow store. They call it a "Dollar Store", and market all of the products for some other non-grow related purpose, but we all know the  real uses. :thumb:

😂 let me know how that goes. I also have a “grow store” nearby, it even has Tree in the name! 🤣 It’s where I bought the measuring spoons from actually

I always start there. I diy most of my stuff, so the containers I built my filters from, the activated charcoal in them, my lights, my mini-SIPs, the binder clips I use for training and support, my labels and plant markers, and on and on.

'Tis getting to be gardening season so they'll have a bunch more stuff in the 'seasonal' section as well.

I always start there. I diy most of my stuff, so the containers I built my filters from, the activated charcoal in them, my lights, my mini-SIPs, the binder clips I use for training and support, my labels and plant markers, and on and on.

'Tis getting to be gardening season so they'll have a bunch more stuff in the 'seasonal' section as well.

This is why I like journaling grows. I’ve never even thought about sourcing other stuff from there. I took my kid to get ring pops and just happened to see measuring spoons. I’ll have to check it out more thoroughly

This is why I like journaling grows. I’ve never even thought about sourcing other stuff from there. I took my kid to get ring pops and just happened to see measuring spoons. I’ll have to check it out more thoroughly
It's kind of a sickness that, so be careful going down that path.

I can't walk into most any retail store without wondering how I could repurpose most of what I see into the grow. I clone in popsicle molds filled with perlite. :rolleyes:

You have been warned!

Just saw Dune part 1 last night. I’m extremely impressed. Wayyyyy better than the 1984 version lol. I’m gonna have to go back and re read the books again with better imagery

Just saw Dune part 1 last night. I’m extremely impressed. Wayyyyy better than the 1984 version lol. I’m gonna have to go back and re read the books again with better imagery
None of the movies bother me. I just figured each was an interpretation of the story.

I read Dune a long time ago. About 15 years ago I tried to read the rest of them. Made it through the second book and gave up around page 30 of the third one.

None of the movies bother me. I just figured each was an interpretation of the story.

I read Dune a long time ago. About 15 years ago I tried to read the rest of them. Made it through the second book and gave up around page 30 of the third one.

I read them a long time ago but don’t remember them very well. I’ve got the first three on the way, we’ll see how it goes.

@Gee64 @Azimuth and anyone else that vermicomposts, where do you keep your worms at? Indoors, outdoors, garage?

Mine sit around the side of the house so they are virtually in permanent shade.

I’m in Michigan so it freezes in the fall/winter/spring and gets above 90F during the summer. I was thinking of outside but the temps make me nervous. Do you know if the worms mind being moved around or does that piss them off?

Basement for me.

Gahhhh.. I would love a basement. It would solve all of my growing headaches. However I’m experienced enough to know it would come with its own set of headaches I never even thought of

Mine sits in the pantry next to the kitchen.

Is there any smell from it? Rev hinted they smell but I was under the impression that was due to an imbalanced environment or over feeding

Is there any smell from it? Rev hinted they smell but I was under the impression that was due to an imbalanced environment or over feeding
No smells, or very little unless you're doing it wrong (too wet, too much food at one time, things like that).

Gahhhh.. I would love a basement. It would solve all of my growing headaches. However I’m experienced enough to know it would come with its own set of headaches I never even thought of
Like what? Fairly constant temps, though a bit cool in winter, out of the way, no need to move them around, no chance of flooding or freezing like outdoors, etc. A good option all around for me.

Like what? Fairly constant temps, though a bit cool in winter, out of the way, no need to move them around, no chance of flooding or freezing like outdoors, etc. A good option all around for me.

I’m in Michigan, pretty close to a lake, with lots of waterways in between. Basements around here flood constantly so it’s a threat to both equipment and plants. I would adjust and elevate for this but I’ve also seen basements under multiple feet of water. Due to this a lot of basements have mold and mildew. I would also work on fixing this but it takes time and money.

Then there’s humidity and air exchange. Currently neither one of those are a thing for me. I don’t have an extractor or a sealed up tent because the attic is uninsulated so fresh air exchange is happening naturally, constantly. Just fans to move air around. I currently don’t battle high humidity issues however I would definitely have to account for that in a basement.

Theres also height issues. If it’s a finished basement, in my experience, I can touch the ceiling with my hand. If it’s unfinished I get a little extra space, but have to deal with exposed wood. In the attic my roof goes up to a point and I get all that space and then some.

Even with that stuff I would still prefer to be in a basement, and that’s knowing I’m very likely overlooking something else

Back
Top Bottom