Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

Flip +71.. sitting in a holding pattern now waiting on drying and finishing

CACDF742-0CD2-4532-B48D-56B54D228CF9.jpeg

12EDF710-22E5-4C90-9E54-156154B5B118.jpeg

56405078-8FCA-46B0-AFE3-6C5264AA4A0D.jpeg

First 2 jars have been curing since Monday.. I have 2 Boveda 62s inside each jar to rehydrate the buds.

RH inside the jars has reached 63%.. In another day or two I will weigh out and put an oz or two in each jar and put one Boveda per Oz in the jars to maintain RH since I’ll no longer need to rehydrate. I will get the official weight for the first plant once all buds have been dried, rehydrated, and are ready to sit.

Flip +73, Day 139, the grow has finished. I am officially calling it. Water consumption has bottomed out into almost nothing. The red to white hair ratio is holding at around 70 red 30 white. The red hairs have begun crinkling inward and the only ones still standing out are coming from the newer white hairs. The majority of trichomes are cloudy with a spattering of amber here and there. Chunking and swelling has stopped, buds feel very solid and calyxes are swollen.

Normally I would like to just cut the plant at its base and hang it in its entirety, however due to the height and size of the plant along with the super cropping and weight of the buds this may prove difficult we will see.

ABEB6A67-238D-43B4-838B-0E2C8A6FB997.jpeg

lovely close up bud shot , love the colours , beaut bro:cool: take care & peace to all :peace:

Thanks for stopping by, and the compliments Unc! I refined my organic method on this grow and proved out a few ideas. I wanted to dial in everything before I started zeroing in on my mother plants.

Next I am going to grow a strain from Kingdom Organic Seeds, Blue Thai. It’s the seed bank run by The Rev, the author of True Living Organics. I’ve got a couple other seeds I won from grow journal of the month that I may toss in for fun, we’ll see what happens! I typically like to only make one or two changes between grows so I can keep a tight control on everything.

Those floating buds never cease to amaze me. Spectacular grow my-man, looks like a nice heavy harvest.
I read the Revs journals, excellent stuff, truly in depth knowledge.

Those floating buds never cease to amaze me. Spectacular grow my-man, looks like a nice heavy harvest.
I read the Revs journals, excellent stuff, truly in depth knowledge.

Thanks Rhino! While it wasn’t an ideal situation (which ironically was ideal because I wanted to create random common issues in this journal and cover how to fix them) it wound up leading to really cool images and some extremely efficient light penetration. Each of the 18 colas was exposed to light completely with no shadowing or dark areas.

I have left the final plant in darkness for 36 hours. I gave it one final watering before launching the darkness so it could build out every last trichome possible before realizing the lights aren’t coming back. I am going to chop the plant today and see if it’s possible to hang it as is. If not, I will hang each branch.

DF1F0CBC-118C-48E3-8921-FE5A2C4A9D51.jpeg

48040FC6-255F-4032-84CE-76341F493006.jpeg

9E2A9945-D531-4AC0-9C6B-2515A89ED551.jpeg

She’s up! Tied twine around her base in between my safety nodes and strung her up. Used yo-yos to pull branches apart so no one is resting on the other. I’ve got an oscillating fan and clip fan at max running beneath the plant and an oscillating fan running at max above the plant. The first 2 plants have taken 7-10 days to dry, I expect this plant to take around 14 days with the size of its buds/branches. As usual, I leave the majority of the leaves on to help prevent uneven drying and terpene loss, especially if for some reason the temperature exceeds 68f temporarily.

CAE9790A-B250-44FB-BC45-FA349F7E4ECB.jpeg

61108241-17B4-4FEB-A6EA-59AF3FE8F153.jpeg

7ADEE6F1-24B7-48E2-964F-5AB5B02DECED.jpeg

B2F64164-C358-42D9-AF9E-8D346A1840F5.jpeg

AA3702DE-C9EA-4CE0-9C40-A80DB7AF208F.jpeg

E4D286C3-8D2C-4452-9592-87288D6CB0C5.jpeg

CC9BB06C-DA28-4EBD-9592-0B818104DAA2.jpeg

E773E30D-703D-469E-A426-594876081D13.jpeg

A2F12DEE-EC6F-48C7-8271-2D773937D527.jpeg

0CF8E58E-31F5-4F94-9F02-09EFEB8C49DB.jpeg

Cure is going well. Buds have dropped the majority of their veg scent and are really starting to stink. The smell lingers well after I’ve closed the jars back up. The stickiness is incredible. I have to remove all of the buds in one of the jars just to pull them apart from each other, shaking does not work. I will stop burping the first 2 jars after tomorrow (1 week since jarring, also when I will get weights). RH is holding at 61 in each jar, they’re about ready to settle in.

Well done! You got some beautiful weed there Keff👊 Its going to be a great summer. Congrats! You pulled off a great harvest. I can't wait to see your weight. The Blue Tigh run should be awesome❤️. Nice Work! Enjoy

Thanks Gee! It came out great.. So much oil and so many trichomes, I swear I get oil on my fingers just looking at the buds lol. I forgot how insanely powerful the smell is once you start curing.. The entire house smells more during the air exchange for curing than it did during the grow lol. Im doing weights today and on Monday will be the first smoke. Still gotta wait a couple weeks on the final gorgeous plant but I think she’s gonna be worth the wait.

I’m happy to be done with the smaller pot grows now lol. Gonna just run 15 gallons from now on, way less stress on me and the plants and just makes more sense for me. I’d prefer to have 2-4 big/nice plants instead of 8-12 smaller ones, and I’ll be able to leave it alone to do it’s thing.

And, for an organic grow, bigger is better. (Or so I've heard. I can only dream as my space doesn't allow for anything bigger than about 2 gallon buckets. ...sigh... )

Bigger is definitely better with organic. My ultimate goal would be to have a sort of greenhouse ground combination. A good bit of ground I could no-till and work so there is no container confinement with the protection of a green house. Sort of splitting the difference between indoor and outdoor. Or, if that’s not possible, just a decent little plot I could tend to.

Just gotta wait for these kids to get old enough then we can move out somewhere a bit more rural than a quarter mile away from Detroit lol.

My ultimate goal would be to have a sort of greenhouse ground combination. A good bit of ground I could no-till and work so there is no container confinement with the protection of a green house.
Are you following Mycelium Farmer's grow? He does it commercially but that's his exact setup. Pretty sweet.

15gals will be awesome. Just make sure you never have to move them lol. Bring on The Blue!

I was already thinking about that lol. Wherever they’re filled at is where they’re staying so I better get it right 😂

Are you following Mycelium Farmer's grow? He does it commercially but that's his exact setup. Pretty sweet.

I am not, I’ll look it up, thanks for the heads up

Ok sorry this post took so long to make, real life stuff.

So our official weights and smoke reports are in.

Plant number one, the shorter sativa weighed in at 3 ozs. Technically 90 grams. This isn’t bad considering she hermed and by the looks of her she hermed early on. She has only a light scent and it’s quite apparent she didn’t really kick in her resin production. The taste isn’t really there but the smell is okay. She’ll get you high and the smoke is smooth but she’s definitely the lowest quality. I’ll let her cure for months before going back and hopefully she’ll have gained some extra oomph by then.

The second plant, the short indica, weighed in at 3 ozs. Technically 94 grams. This one also Hermed, but later on. She was able to grow long enough that she has a strong funky scent that is unmistakably Cannabis lol. More of an indica lean to it the high is very clear and very chill. I like it a lot. It’s a nice easy and smooth smoke with some very pungent notes. I like this harvest the best personally. It’s not aggressively high and has a great taste.

Plant number three. The tall sativa. This plant did not herm. It did get slightly pollinated but just barely, I’ve only found 2 seeds out of the entire 6 ounces it produced. Yeah, 6 ounces, 170 grams. I was shocked by this plant. I was expecting maybe 4-5 ounces based on its look but the buds were much heavier than I realized.

The buds are super sticky and dense. I went to weigh out a gram and couldn’t find a bud that weighed less than 2 grams. The smell is powerful and sweet, it gets deep into your brain. As I was putting it into the jars for curing it already seemed like it was ready. I waited a week for it and rolled a joint. Just like the other plants there was no tickle in my throat or chest, completely smooth. However, the flower is so strong that as I was inhaling my first hit I could feel the high wash over my entire body. By the second hit I was being hit in the forehead with that powerful sativa high. The quality is at least double, maybe triple of my first harvest and is getting stronger by the day. This plants flowers are the kind where I hit it once and set it down to see how it’s gonna grab me. It’s a little strong for my taste but my wife loves it.

So all in all I was able to get 12 ounces from the 3 plants in 3 gallon pots. This is a good result that I am pleased with.

Now, due to the herming I made a few changes to really dial everything in. I moved anything with an LED or light outside of the tent. I have sealed off anything that would allow light in from the outside. Since everything else is squared away, I am confident this will be the last issue on my side. Going forward, any herms will be genetic, hopefully.

That concludes this grow. I will drop more pictures in of the finished product later on once I have better lighting.

I am preparing for the next grow now. I will be running at least two 15 gallons, maybe four, it will depend on supplies. I will also likely run a few 10 gallons or drop down and run more 7s. I have quality genetics for this next grow. Blue Thai from The Rev, Apple Betty and Runtz Punch from Herbies. I also have Gelato Autos which I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with yet. I am currently in the process of looking for a semi decent potting soil so I can start cooking up the next batch. I want to have the grow up and running by July 16th so I will be starting another journal relatively soon detailing the cooking and preparation process as I setup for the next grow.

That’s all for now. Thank you to everyone that came back and to all the people who stopped by for this grow. Hopefully the next journal will be even more fun and filled with even more knowledge!

Back
Top Bottom