Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

Wow beautiful delicate yet chunky budsšŸ˜ I love the pyramid shape to themšŸ‘Š. Nice crystal. Now you have a good stash! Tag me when you start your next grow please.

Iā€™ve officially pushed the bagseed to its limits.. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen another bag seed grow or harvest even close. Hell my plants look twice as good as a bunch of the top shelf strains around here

This confirms many of my theories and has positioned me well to get the maximum out of the genetics I have on hand.

The problem I now face is finding 4.5 cu ft of decent potting soil and an equivalent amount of coco I want to work with. Whatever I choose will be the soil I am recycling so it needs to be something quality, cheap, and available. Potting soil prices seem silly right now especially with no guarantee itā€™s pest free, so Iā€™m gonna go hunting through nurseries for decent deals.

Ive heard a few times, The Rev included, that Gardner and Bloome Blue Ribbon organic potting mix is a great starter but it needs mineral ammendments.

I have never checked it out but if you are going to ammend and cook it 1st, it may be a good starting point.

Ive heard a few times, The Rev included, that Gardner and Bloome Blue Ribbon organic potting mix is a great starter but it needs mineral ammendments.

I have never checked it out but if you are going to ammend and cook it 1st, it may be a good starting point.

I canā€™t find it locally and Iā€™m apprehensive about purchasing online. Although I can find 2 cu ft for 15$ which is a pretty good deal, I do have reservations about purchasing soil from an unknown warehouse. Thoughts on buying soil online?

I canā€™t find it locally and Iā€™m apprehensive about purchasing online. Although I can find 2 cu ft for 15$ which is a pretty good deal, I do have reservations about purchasing soil from an unknown warehouse. Thoughts on buying soil online?
Im not sure, and shipping may jack the price up, but if it comes from a wharehouse to your door thats probably not much different than coming from a wharehouse to a garden center and then to your house.

I have seen garden centers with soil bags stacked outside for months. Those are the ones I would worry about. Baking in the sun, leaching in the rain, and filling with pests.

The commercial soil I start with is called BlueSky Organic Supersoil. Its $30/10gal bag which is pretty steep but its built for weed and well balanced so its a great mix to start a recycling system with.

Every couple years I start a new batch.

I actually started a new mix last week when I uppotted my Durban Babies to 10gals. I used 5 parts BS Supersoil, 3 parts EWC, 1 part coco, and 1 part perlite.

My ewc was ammended and I added 4 big spikes to each pot.

Then I capped each pot off with a full inch of ewc.

I'm hoping to get brix up sooner to require less coco so I went a bit heavier on the mineral spikes and ewc.

If it works then hopefully it will work on smaller pots too.

I used 4 flower spikes and no veg spikes. More cal and phos. We shall see.

I think it may require extra myco to mine the phos so I will give it a myco drench at Day 14 in the big pots, so by day 21 thats kicking in, and I will use hydrolysed fish ferts more often in veg and hopefully by the start of flower the brix will be at least 14 and the plant will supply the carbon to the microbes/fungii.

After Day 21 I will introduce an EWC tea to boost microbes. Exactly when will depend on how its all rolling.

At the end of week 8 they get flipped to flower so the tea will be by week 5 at the latest, and another at week 7 if needed.

I think if I treat the entire grow like I'm in flower I will get better brix.

My EWC is very high in cannabis these days too at rates of larf meal being roughly 2 ounces/4gal tray and leaf meal about the same. All my left over primo bud goes into the worm farm now too but that amount varies every tray.

I just manifolded to 4 tops yesterday, and today is day 28 above ground, day 12 in 10gals, so they are still vegging too fast for the size I like at flip, but I should get some really nice clones from them.

I have left the clone branches on so they are actually at 6 tops right now but the clone branches will get removed.

Hopefully the roots do well.

I'm going to top water this run.

Im not sure, and shipping may jack the price up, but if it comes from a wharehouse to your door thats probably not much different than coming from a wharehouse to a garden center and then to your house.

Itā€™s more about being able to see where itā€™s been sitting and being able to look over the bags before purchasing I guess. Some stuff I want to put my hands on before I buy and itā€™s a bit tough to relinquish that control. I donā€™t even like flying because Iā€™m not the pilot šŸ˜‚

I have seen garden centers with soil bags stacked outside for months. Those are the ones I would worry about. Baking in the sun, leaching in the rain, and filling with pests.

Yep. Itā€™s some sort of false hope on my part that at the nursery or grow store I can see where the bags have been sitting. Never mind that it may be sitting out in the sun from its point of origin lol.

The commercial soil I start with is called BlueSky Organic Supersoil. Its $30/10gal bag which is pretty steep but its built for weed and well balanced so its a great mix to start a recycling system with.

Every couple years I start a new batch.

I actually started a new mix last week when I uppotted my Durban Babies to 10gals. I used 5 parts BS Supersoil, 3 parts EWC, 1 part coco, and 1 part perlite.

My ewc was ammended and I added 4 big spikes to each pot.

Then I capped each pot off with a full inch of ewc.

I'm hoping to get brix up sooner to require less coco so I went a bit heavier on the mineral spikes and ewc.

If it works then hopefully it will work on smaller pots too.

I used 4 flower spikes and no veg spikes. More cal and phos. We shall see.

I think it may require extra myco to mine the phos so I will give it a myco drench at Day 14 in the big pots, so by day 21 thats kicking in, and I will use hydrolysed fish ferts more often in veg and hopefully by the start of flower the brix will be at least 14 and the plant will supply the carbon to the microbes/fungii.

After Day 21 I will introduce an EWC tea to boost microbes. Exactly when will depend on how its all rolling.

At the end of week 8 they get flipped to flower so the tea will be by week 5 at the latest, and another at week 7 if needed.

I think if I treat the entire grow like I'm in flower I will get better brix.

My EWC is very high in cannabis these days too at rates of larf meal being roughly 2 ounces/4gal tray and leaf meal about the same. All my left over primo bud goes into the worm farm now too but that amount varies every tray.

I just manifolded to 4 tops yesterday, and today is day 28 above ground, day 12 in 10gals, so they are still vegging too fast for the size I like at flip, but I should get some really nice clones from them.

I have left the clone branches on so they are actually at 6 tops right now but the clone branches will get removed.

Hopefully the roots do well.

I'm going to top water this run.

I like the SWICKs and SIPs but watering to me is an intimate part of the grow. Itā€™s where a connection is made from me to the plant. It also gives me an excuse to spend time with the plants lol.

Once the clones start running though Iā€™ll start the SIPs. I think itā€™ll be a great way to place a control on the watering and allow me to push the genetics.

Itā€™s more about being able to see where itā€™s been sitting and being able to look over the bags before purchasing I guess. Some stuff I want to put my hands on before I buy and itā€™s a bit tough to relinquish that control. I donā€™t even like flying because Iā€™m not the pilot šŸ˜‚

Yep. Itā€™s some sort of false hope on my part that at the nursery or grow store I can see where the bags have been sitting. Never mind that it may be sitting out in the sun from its point of origin lol.

I like the SWICKs and SIPs but watering to me is an intimate part of the grow. Itā€™s where a connection is made from me to the plant. It also gives me an excuse to spend time with the plants lol.

Once the clones start running though Iā€™ll start the SIPs. I think itā€™ll be a great way to place a control on the watering and allow me to push the genetics.
I really like the ease of bottom watering but I found out this winter through trial and error that some top watering to push nutes down, calcium being the big one, makes for far better plants, so as always, the best way lies in the middle. At least for cloth pots and LOS.

Iā€™m gonna have to figure out a perpetual setup. Iā€™ve felt lost and restless since I finished off this grow and I know itā€™s because I donā€™t have any plants going. Iā€™m about to pop autos outside just to keep myself entertained until the next grow goes lol

So my original answer to @Melville Hobbes post was itā€™s one of two things, one more likely than the other.. The more likely is itā€™s just scarring like you see here:

059803BF-9035-40A1-A765-AE96875ECD85.jpeg

62601A5F-5DD6-4CDE-9F84-EC14043B0C11.jpeg

What it looks like to me based on the support behind it in Melā€™s original picture is that the plant fell over or got smashed against the soil line creating the scarring.

The other option is the plants natural hook that sits below the soil line got pushed up above the soil line and the plant adapted by building up scarring in that spot.

The much more unlikely cause would be root nodules being pushed above the soil line. Microbes and myco forming a symbiosis with the plant and forming nodules to protect each others transfers. This is extremely unlikely to have occurred as the nodules usually appear in the roots themselves and/or the taproot.

Based on what the photo shows Iā€™m leaning strongly toward a weak stemmed plant or a plant that got crushed that has formed scar tissue.

If there are no other issues presenting themselves then itā€™s extremely likely this will just be a pretty strong point on the plant. The herm I tossed out as flower started had a scar growth like that from messing up its LST in seedling and it grew amazingly until it showed itself
Ok. Now. If I do come over to look. Now I don't want see this as first dang pic. Lmao. Holly crap. Lmao. Jk. Now. Just dang lmao. First pic pops up . Pour thing. Look like got hit with baseball or something.

Ok sorry this post took so long to make, real life stuff.

So our official weights and smoke reports are in.

Plant number one, the shorter sativa weighed in at 3 ozs. Technically 90 grams. This isnā€™t bad considering she hermed and by the looks of her she hermed early on. She has only a light scent and itā€™s quite apparent she didnā€™t really kick in her resin production. The taste isnā€™t really there but the smell is okay. Sheā€™ll get you high and the smoke is smooth but sheā€™s definitely the lowest quality. Iā€™ll let her cure for months before going back and hopefully sheā€™ll have gained some extra oomph by then.

The second plant, the short indica, weighed in at 3 ozs. Technically 94 grams. This one also Hermed, but later on. She was able to grow long enough that she has a strong funky scent that is unmistakably Cannabis lol. More of an indica lean to it the high is very clear and very chill. I like it a lot. Itā€™s a nice easy and smooth smoke with some very pungent notes. I like this harvest the best personally. Itā€™s not aggressively high and has a great taste.

Plant number three. The tall sativa. This plant did not herm. It did get slightly pollinated but just barely, Iā€™ve only found 2 seeds out of the entire 6 ounces it produced. Yeah, 6 ounces, 170 grams. I was shocked by this plant. I was expecting maybe 4-5 ounces based on its look but the buds were much heavier than I realized.

The buds are super sticky and dense. I went to weigh out a gram and couldnā€™t find a bud that weighed less than 2 grams. The smell is powerful and sweet, it gets deep into your brain. As I was putting it into the jars for curing it already seemed like it was ready. I waited a week for it and rolled a joint. Just like the other plants there was no tickle in my throat or chest, completely smooth. However, the flower is so strong that as I was inhaling my first hit I could feel the high wash over my entire body. By the second hit I was being hit in the forehead with that powerful sativa high. The quality is at least double, maybe triple of my first harvest and is getting stronger by the day. This plants flowers are the kind where I hit it once and set it down to see how itā€™s gonna grab me. Itā€™s a little strong for my taste but my wife loves it.

So all in all I was able to get 12 ounces from the 3 plants in 3 gallon pots. This is a good result that I am pleased with.

Now, due to the herming I made a few changes to really dial everything in. I moved anything with an LED or light outside of the tent. I have sealed off anything that would allow light in from the outside. Since everything else is squared away, I am confident this will be the last issue on my side. Going forward, any herms will be genetic, hopefully.

That concludes this grow. I will drop more pictures in of the finished product later on once I have better lighting.

I am preparing for the next grow now. I will be running at least two 15 gallons, maybe four, it will depend on supplies. I will also likely run a few 10 gallons or drop down and run more 7s. I have quality genetics for this next grow. Blue Thai from The Rev, Apple Betty and Runtz Punch from Herbies. I also have Gelato Autos which I havenā€™t decided what Iā€™m going to do with yet. I am currently in the process of looking for a semi decent potting soil so I can start cooking up the next batch. I want to have the grow up and running by July 16th so I will be starting another journal relatively soon detailing the cooking and preparation process as I setup for the next grow.

Thatā€™s all for now. Thank you to everyone that came back and to all the people who stopped by for this grow. Hopefully the next journal will be even more fun and filled with even more knowledge!

They fluffy or how they feel to u . I'm looking for something to cross like that style nugs. To fluffy for me

They fluffy or how they feel to u . I'm looking for something to cross like that style nugs. To fluffy for me

Dense and sticky. Have some really nice weight to them. When they were hung to dry you could see the resin coming out. I was impressed.

The smaller 2 plants werenā€™t grown to completion but they felt like they were on the path to density as well.

An update on the sinsemilla plant. Sheā€™s been curing since the 7th of May and is now super funky. She smells pungent and bold. Her taste is smooth and easy, but I can tell I had to do a rescue. Itā€™s becoming easier to differentiate the effects certain actions have on the final product in terms of resins, tastes, etc.

She hits powerfully but doesnā€™t leave you tired. My heart doesnā€™t get all jumpy and I donā€™t get all existential. I love smoking it right before I take the dog for a walk. He loves it because I donā€™t mind standing at every corner for 2-3 minutes while he sniffs everything and marks šŸ˜‚.

What was the difference?

The biggest difference I can tell is from having to run extra calcium and magnesium in the end. Itā€™s made the smoke hotter is the best way to describe it. Itā€™s smooth but has a heat to it on the inhale that wears on your lungs a little more.

I use a soldering iron

I wound up doing the same on my current grow. Just picked up a cheap little iron for 10$ and it does the job so good. It also makes the cups stronger than when I just pop or cut holes in it.

Back
Top Bottom