Outragedplutos 1st Big Boy TLO Organic Grow

U betcha.

The reason for the FF big bloom is to inoculate your tea with life. U can use that ,worm castings, composted manure, any and all work. If u don't have something like that your just getting stuff wet.
And u really only need a little Big Bloom, less than the rev says. With the air stone bubbling your tea will spawn massive amounts of micro life and quick.

I was thinking u may probably could get more than 1 tea out of each of those packs u bought. Play around with it. I like my teas mellow and frequent these days.

I was thinking u may probably could get more than 1 tea out of each of those packs u bought. Play around with it. I like my teas mellow and frequent these days.

That is what i was kind of thinking!! Here is my thought process on that. I was going to weigh the whole packet. Then, making sure it looks to be well mixed, split the mixture in half by weight. I will then take this half batch and bubble with a half gallon of water, then dilute with another half gallon water. I will use half of what the rev say for the FF big bloom.

I want to do this because i only have one plant and i will not use 2 gallons of tea in time. But i do use 1 gallon of water when i do full watering.

I also have another question. I am working on getting all of the base materials for the Revs soil mix. Surprising enough its hard to find good quality worm castings on the internet and i can not find them any where in my area. On the TLO website they have a Vermicompost which sounds like castings, compost, and other goodies in it. And then there is a fossil fuel which looks like it could be used as well. Any suggestions. I emailed TLO to see what they would suggest and i have not heard back yet.

Another idea using your TLO stuff there,
You could try top dressing with a little bit of either or both spike.
If u do that just do a small part of the top of your container and away from the stalk.
That's the safe play for top dressing here, so that if its too much, the bulk of your soil mix will be unaffected and the plant can avoid the area u top dressed in if it wants to.

But top dressing with a tsp of spike will probably help, maybe she ate the jobe spikes already and is starving. Ur only seeing signs down low so it's no biggie!!

What do u think??

Another idea using your TLO stuff there,
You could try top dressing with a little bit of either or both spike.
If u do that just do a small part of the top of your container and away from the stalk.
That's the safe play for top dressing here, so that if its too much, the bulk of your soil mix will be unaffected and the plant can avoid the area u top dressed in if it wants to.

But top dressing with a tsp of spike will probably help, maybe she ate the jobe spikes already and is starving. Ur only seeing signs down low so it's no biggie!!

What do u think??

I like the way you think!!! Now with top dressing do i just mix it in with my top layer or just put it down between my soil and mulch?? I already put another 2 inches of FF Ocean Forest in the pot. I took out any soil that was covering the roots and replaces it with the ocean forest. I then replaced the mulch(that i took off originally before i top dressed). So do i mix the spike into the top layer or just sprinkle on top??

Good castings are super expensive, vermicompost is another name for (usually) good fresh castings.
I think in place of castings in recipes u could probably use good compost or composted manure. Can't see why not. Get a worm farm 360 bro, make it happen. And they don't smell in your house if you're wondering.

Ur tea sounds good except I would add CaMg+, and molasses your girl will appreciate it.

No idea on the fossil fuel, what's it called?

Since u have Fresh dirt up there you could mix it in a little bit. I would look at the top of my container like a whole pizza and I would think about top dressing one slice of that pizza. That's safe, see how she likes it. You won't see any changes for about a week anyway of course you have to water to get that stuff down in there I would just do that tea in addition to that top dress and check it out in a week

It is on that TLO website. Here is what the websites description is.

"TLO Fossil Fuel is a 100% Pure Fossilized Plant Matter from select US Regions that contain an abundance of micro-life, trace minerals & elements, along with all natural humic acids that help make nutrients highly available and ready for your garden to utilize. There is nothing else that will provide those huge hydroponic like yields in your organic garden like TLO Fossil Fuel. Fossil Fuel provides the most benefit when used as a soil amendment, organic tea inoculant, or in top/side dressing applications..."

I took out any soil that was covering the roots and replaces it with the ocean forest. I then replaced the mulch(that i took off originally before i top dressed). So do i mix the spike into the top layer or just sprinkle on top??

I'm confused as to why you removed the top layer of dirt here???
Am I missing something??
Had u already top dressed with something??

I'm confused as to why you removed the top layer of dirt here???
Am I missing something??
Had u already top dressed with something??

Here was my thought process behind removing the little soil that was covering the roots. I needed to remove something in order to fit more top soil into the container. I figures since that soil was probably all used up and was just there as a growing medium. There was probably only an inch or so of soil that i took out. I then replaced it with the Ocean Forest soil. And replaced the mulch on top. If i had not removed anything than i would have had stuff over flowing my pot. I don't know if this was the correct process but it seemed to have not harmed her.

I also did my top dressing with the flowering spike. I top dressed a quarter of the pot. I used about a tablespoon of spike mix and lightly mixed it in with top half inch of soil.

I will be starting my tea tomorrow. She is roughly 3 days from her next watering.

Here was my thought process behind removing the little soil that was covering the roots. I needed to remove something in order to fit more top soil into the container. I figures since that soil was probably all used up and was just there as a growing medium. There was probably only an inch or so of soil that i took out. I then replaced it with the Ocean Forest soil. And replaced the mulch on top. If i had not removed anything than i would have had stuff over flowing my pot. I don't know if this was the correct process but it seemed to have not harmed her.

I also did my top dressing with the flowering spike. I top dressed a quarter of the pot. I used about a tablespoon of spike mix and lightly mixed it in with top half inch of soil.

I will be starting my tea tomorrow. She is roughly 3 days from her next watering.

Hey bro no worries,
I think the roots hate light and there really isn't any reason to dig out the top layer of dirt and replace it with fresh dirt during flower, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure she's fine either way too. Just food for thought.

If u ever are wanting to top dress u can simply slide the mulch to the side and sprinkle/pour the top dress right into the very top of the dirt.

After your tea application wait until your next watering at least to gauge how she is responding. It will take a minute for the micro life to take hold.

Happy Freeweed day Pluto and a Chronic Weekend to you :thumb:

Thanks man, it has been a chronic one!!!

Hey everyone i started a thread about decarboxylation over in the lounge. Not sure if any one has any experience doing this. But if you do, you should head over and check it out. Link is in my signature.

I will be on later to give an update on the lady and the tea i have brewing up for her right now!!!

:thanks::lot-o-toke:

Hey everyone here is a little update on whats going on around the garden. Today is day 27 in flowering. I have my first flowering tea brewing away in the closet. It is one packet of the TLO Flower mix and 1/4 cup of Fox Farm big bloom, 2 tbsp of molasses. I started it yesterday so it will be ready to go tomorrow. Alien is doing pretty good. She was slowed a bit by her hunger and the trimming i did last week. I think after this tea she will get a kick start and be back on track.

Here are some pictures of my tea.

Start
IMG_25236.jpg

After about 18 hrs
IMG_25248.jpg

And here is a little golden shot of Alien. She is really packing on the trichs!!! This plant already has like 3 times the amount of bud than my last plant. But i guess that is the difference between CFL and HID lights hahaha.
IMG_25187.jpg

Well that is all for now. I will be leaving for Colorado on Wednesday so i will do one more big update before that. Thank you everyone and have a wonderful evening!!!

Looking good!

Thanks bud!! I did not have time to get a full update before I left for Colorado. But she got a good watering with the tea I made up. It's going to be kind of exciting to not see her for a week and then come back to a beastly woman haha.

Well I am sitting here in beautiful Denver Colorado. Eating at the Continental Cafe. Delicious food!!! If I could give them +reps I would haha.

Back
Top Bottom