Outragedpluto's Journal

welcome Muttt to my journal. hope you can get some helpful advice from these peeps. i know i have. if you have any questions please feel free to jum on here and ask away. i want my journal to be a great place to come and learn the awesome process of growing your own budd.

I'm enjoying it so far. Thanks for having me.

thats a nice mature young lady! she's going to make you proud:thumb:

Hey everyone I got an email from a fellow grower who had some advice for me and I figured I would share. This is what he has to say on my grow

"First diesel is a sativa dominant, not an indica. If i remember correctly it is a thai and nepali that was worked on for a decade by some old school guys back from vietnam. The thai accounts for the mutated leaves that u see on your clone. Being sativa means that it needs to be fed delicately. I see u use fox farm food. The only thing that the have that is healthy is big bloom. Those nutrient levels are less than 1, which is very important. Everything else FF uses is crap.
Get a air bubbler, air pump and bubble a gallon of distilled water, a 1/4 cup of ur FF big bloom, and a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses. Bubble this for 36 hours. 32 oz to each plant every 2-3 waterings, an hour after watering.

Your brothers ak47 is thai colombian afghani, so it still may show natural mutated leaves from the thai genetics.

The purpling on your stems is natural in small spots, but the other symptoms both u guys mentioned shows bad food. Keep it simple with the big bloom (which is really just a great compost tea) and molasses(micro-nutrients, potassium, and a safe chelation of macronutrients)
Distilled water will also help u out alot. Chloramine in out water system cant be airated out and it kills all tge little microbeasties in your soil that are feeding your roots"

Hope this helps anyone who comes across it. Sure did for me.

So i am trying to keep my grow as organic as possible and in doing so I have chosen fox farm nutes. Recently I was told that the best way to use FF is to do actively aerated compost tea (aact for short lol). I have found several different ways to make it all requiring me to bubble my mix for at least 36 hrs. That's all fine and dandy except I'm not sure how long it is good for. I only have one plant right now so making even a gallon of it would be to much. Does this stuff last or are there methods to keep it longer i.e. always keep the aerate pump going to keep the oxygen in the water.

Thanks everyone and good growing!!!

So i am trying to keep my grow as organic as possible and in doing so I have chosen fox farm nutes. Recently I was told that the best way to use FF is to do actively aerated compost tea (aact for short lol). I have found several different ways to make it all requiring me to bubble my mix for at least 36 hrs. That's all fine and dandy except I'm not sure how long it is good for. I only have one plant right now so making even a gallon of it would be to much. Does this stuff last or are there methods to keep it longer i.e. always keep the aerate pump going to keep the oxygen in the water.

Thanks everyone and good growing!!!
think as long as you got air and the mix is dark you should last about 5or6 days
maybe if you refridgerate not sure about that tho

Is the aerated tea really necessary? I think they do that with fresh organic ferts aka manure lol. Fox farm's isn't really all that organic. I think the only real organic part is the Big Bloom. Either way, I guess the aerated solution does sound good in theory. I wonder if it makes a noticeable difference. I keep the water on the side, and bubble it for some time before mixing the nutes, but then I go to feeding almost directly. Could that be my problem? Is waiting on the nute solution to "settle" really necessary guys? I've been having lots of trouble with under/over feeding so I'm not the best source. The convo here just got me wondering if I'm not even feeding right lol :)

well I can see where adding oxegen would do 2 things #1oxcegen is great for your root system and part B with out it bubbleing anerobic bacteria could build in your tea, creating a deathzone for your roots. part B in a way makes sense to me but some or most nutes are premixed so there is a thought too:)

What I have been told and read is that when you aerate the tea it just increases your good biological make up. All the good bacteria will replicate and replace any bad anaerobic shit. And I haven't tried any of it yet. Seems to complicated and my girl seems to be doing fine with what I'm doing now, nothing lol. I should prolly at least bubble my water. I will probably make some big changes on my next grow. I am moving in like 6-7 months and will be getting a tent so I can get some legit plants going.

Thanks all for stopping by.

Oo and ismokes you are right. Ff is not organic. As I have been doin my research I figured that out. They are natural fertilizers but not certified organic. But since I spent some good money on it I'm going to just have to stick with them lol. I think natural is beefed than nothing lol. And I haven't even needed to feed in like 3 weeks. The soil I have gives off enough nutes for her.

Hey everyone i have an update for my lady. She is in day 28 of flowering and her buds are doing awesome. They almost double in size every day. she seems to be very happy and always perky. i have started adding molasses to her water every other watering. the only little problems i am seeing are she has some browning at her tips of the fan leaves and her stem is still pretty purple. my brother has 2 of the same clone and his stems have almost no purple in them. but my plant also looks healthy than his lol. but so far so good and here are some nice pics i took this morning.

photo_4102.JPG

photo_3128.JPG

photo_2167.JPG

photo_1198.JPG

photo_557.JPG

she looks great, worry about the leaf tips? nah.
not that you shouldnt watch her. it may be a bit of burn from N but pictures are sometimes way different then being there:)

Excellent then. i am getting the same answer all around the board. her soil does prolly have a high amount of N from earlier in the grow. i gave her a bit of a flush 2 days ago and am going to keep with the molasses and give her a small feeding of my flower nutes. thanks everyone for the speedy reply and ill keep you posted.

p.s.
i planted 2 seeds a few days ago and one of them popped out of the soil today :) my next endeavor is on the way!!!

she looks great, worry about the leaf tips? nah.
not that you shouldnt watch her. it may be a bit of burn from N but pictures are sometimes way different then being there:)

hey man how do i get my journals url to be in my signature like yours???? mine just shows the actual url rather than a link like yours.

I asked Happy Kitty or 420girl. you just ask any mod they will help you out:)
I am worse at this thing then you are I'am sure LOL
hey man how do i get my journals url to be in my signature like yours???? mine just shows the actual url rather than a link like yours.

Just type whatever sentence you want in your sig for example: "My first grow"
- Highlight the sentence "My first grow"
- Click on the Link tab. (It looks like a little Earth next to the smilies)
- Paste your URL in the box that opens. This links that URL to "My first grow"

iSmokes you are a genius lol. its amazing how easy that was lol. thanks again for the help everyone!!

Hey everyone I just was recently given the advice to add calcium to my flowering girl. He said to add oyster shells. Now I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Are there oyster shells I buy at my grow shop or is it something different. Thanks for all help and good growing all!!

Back
Top Bottom