Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

I wound up doing the same on my current grow. Just picked up a cheap little iron for 10$ and it does the job so good. It also makes the cups stronger than when I just pop or cut holes in it.
Yep drilling sometimes splits the cup plus its quicker and as you say tends to make them stronger with the melted plastic edges

@Gee64 @Azimuth @Melville Hobbes @StoneOtter

I’m about to blow a bunch of minds.. want better quality, and better tasting cannabis? Stop sterilizing your seeds. Just throw them in the dirt. Here’s why:

EBE8BB69-AFF6-4815-9C43-C67C5BCF9B7A.jpeg

6A2A9DEA-7CC3-4456-9E36-52BA947EE16F.jpeg

E63BAA6D-CB9C-4934-98D2-712913D94F5D.jpeg

4C84146F-72D8-4845-B02C-CFF485A4E0D2.jpeg

I’m about to blow a bunch of minds.. want better quality, and better tasting cannabis? Stop sterilizing your seeds. Just throw them in the dirt. Here’s why:

A good read 👍 here's some more good info✌️
Lactobacillus Serum (aka “The Boss”)
AUGUST 19, 2017 GLOBALCAL KOREAN NATURAL FARMING INPUTS
Lactobacillus (LAB) and its use in Natural Agriculture

● LAB are very beneficial for improving soil aeration, and in the cultivation of fruits and vegetables.
● LAB are resistant to high temperatures and are a powerful sterilizer.
● LAB help root growth when transplanting and during initial plant growth.
● LAB increases the solubility of fertilizer.
● When the LAB is used in the period of vegetative growth of vegetables it produces
plants of better quality which can be stored for longer periods of time.
● The use of LAB in soil accumulated with phosphate will increase its capacity to absorb the insoluble form of phosphates and will help overcome saline disorder that results from
the decomposition of phosphates.
● LAB adjusts fluids within plants which may result in better resistance to
Illness and harden their bodies even during the rainy season.
● LAB can be mixed (x1 / 500) with the water given to animals to improve their
digestive function.

Here's a recipe if interested
How to make LAB:
The first step is to collect bacteria from the air using water that has been used to rinse rice. You can use any kind of rice for this. Simply put it in a pot with warm water, mix the rice around and then drain the water [now milky]. The water is now a rich source of carbohydrates. This liquid will attract microbes from the air, among them lactobacillus. Get a container, fill halfway with with the water that you have drained from the rice. Cover the container with a clean rag and let stand outside the house for a couple of days to a week

When is it ready?

When you see a light layer on the top (mold) and smells a little sour (like yogurt and yeast). This indicates the liquid is infected with microbes. This occurs more rapidly in warm temperatures because microbes are more active, therefore the time it takes to to create an effective culture is relative because we do not do it under controlled laboratory conditions.

When it is done the liquid will be separated into three different layers:
Top layer: floating carbohydrates left over from fermentation and possibly mold.
Middle layer: lactic acid and other bacteria. We will use this layer.
Bottom layer: Starch, byproduct of fermentation

Remove the middle layer by filtering the liquid or using a siphon. This layer contains the highest concentration of lactic acid bacteria and the lowest concentration of unnecessary by-products
Get a new container, bigger than the first. Take the rice water and mix at a ratio of 1 part rice water to 10 parts of milk. By saturating with milk (lactose), we do not allow other microbes to proliferate, leaving only lactobacillus.
TIP: The best milk to use is unpasteurised natural milk. However, any milk can be used even powdered milk. In my experience, the best is natural unpasteurized milk (the curds also make a better cheese), but just use whatever is available.

You want to keep this next stage as anaerobic as possible. Use a sealed container with a one way air valve.
Note: Beware of bubbling during this phase. The container should not be completely filled or it may go through the valve. After approximately one week (depending on the temperature), you will see that the milk is curdled (Carbohydrates, proteins and fats) and separated in two two layers. The water below will be yellow – this is the serum (whey), enriched with Lactic acid bacteria from milk fermentation. The water below is what we use. You want to extract this.
NOTE: Remember that the curds (the top layer of the fermented milk), are an excellent food and can be used to make a delicious cheese. They are enriched with healthy nutrients and microbes. If you are not interested in cheese feed them to your pets or animals or even your compost pile. There is no waste in natural agriculture!

The whey can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks but for our purposes we want it to last longer and be more effective (and not take up space in the fridge). To preserve add an equal portion of brown sugar or molasses to the whey. So, if you have 1l of whey, add 1kg of brown sugar or 1L of molasses. This way it can be stored at room temperature (out of direct sunlight) for up to a year.✌️

A good read 👍 here's some more good info✌️
Lactobacillus Serum (aka “The Boss”)
AUGUST 19, 2017 GLOBALCAL KOREAN NATURAL FARMING INPUTS
Lactobacillus (LAB) and its use in Natural Agriculture

● LAB are very beneficial for improving soil aeration, and in the cultivation of fruits and vegetables.
● LAB are resistant to high temperatures and are a powerful sterilizer.
● LAB help root growth when transplanting and during initial plant growth.
● LAB increases the solubility of fertilizer.
● When the LAB is used in the period of vegetative growth of vegetables it produces
plants of better quality which can be stored for longer periods of time.
● The use of LAB in soil accumulated with phosphate will increase its capacity to absorb the insoluble form of phosphates and will help overcome saline disorder that results from
the decomposition of phosphates.
● LAB adjusts fluids within plants which may result in better resistance to
Illness and harden their bodies even during the rainy season.
● LAB can be mixed (x1 / 500) with the water given to animals to improve their
digestive function.

Here's a recipe if interested
How to make LAB:
The first step is to collect bacteria from the air using water that has been used to rinse rice. You can use any kind of rice for this. Simply put it in a pot with warm water, mix the rice around and then drain the water [now milky]. The water is now a rich source of carbohydrates. This liquid will attract microbes from the air, among them lactobacillus. Get a container, fill halfway with with the water that you have drained from the rice. Cover the container with a clean rag and let stand outside the house for a couple of days to a week

When is it ready?

When you see a light layer on the top (mold) and smells a little sour (like yogurt and yeast). This indicates the liquid is infected with microbes. This occurs more rapidly in warm temperatures because microbes are more active, therefore the time it takes to to create an effective culture is relative because we do not do it under controlled laboratory conditions.

When it is done the liquid will be separated into three different layers:
Top layer: floating carbohydrates left over from fermentation and possibly mold.
Middle layer: lactic acid and other bacteria. We will use this layer.
Bottom layer: Starch, byproduct of fermentation

Remove the middle layer by filtering the liquid or using a siphon. This layer contains the highest concentration of lactic acid bacteria and the lowest concentration of unnecessary by-products
Get a new container, bigger than the first. Take the rice water and mix at a ratio of 1 part rice water to 10 parts of milk. By saturating with milk (lactose), we do not allow other microbes to proliferate, leaving only lactobacillus.
TIP: The best milk to use is unpasteurised natural milk. However, any milk can be used even powdered milk. In my experience, the best is natural unpasteurized milk (the curds also make a better cheese), but just use whatever is available.

You want to keep this next stage as anaerobic as possible. Use a sealed container with a one way air valve.
Note: Beware of bubbling during this phase. The container should not be completely filled or it may go through the valve. After approximately one week (depending on the temperature), you will see that the milk is curdled (Carbohydrates, proteins and fats) and separated in two two layers. The water below will be yellow – this is the serum (whey), enriched with Lactic acid bacteria from milk fermentation. The water below is what we use. You want to extract this.
NOTE: Remember that the curds (the top layer of the fermented milk), are an excellent food and can be used to make a delicious cheese. They are enriched with healthy nutrients and microbes. If you are not interested in cheese feed them to your pets or animals or even your compost pile. There is no waste in natural agriculture!

The whey can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks but for our purposes we want it to last longer and be more effective (and not take up space in the fridge). To preserve add an equal portion of brown sugar or molasses to the whey. So, if you have 1l of whey, add 1kg of brown sugar or 1L of molasses. This way it can be stored at room temperature (out of direct sunlight) for up to a year.✌️

Yep, this one of the big whys for cow/steer (and some time horse) manure recommendations. Cow manure comes with quite a range of bacillus bacteria in it as well as a whole host of probiotics and other benefits. It can be used to produce lactic acid on its own if needed.

Not only that, it can also “improve the diversity of soil bacteria, and effectively regulate the structure of the soil bacterial community” especially in plants that require high amounts of N for success.

If anyone has ever been to Korea then you will quickly understand why so many of their farming practices revolve around isolating certain bacteria, nutrients, etc. and driving their numbers up through intentional aging/culturing/processing. There is not a lot of land in Korea to begin with. It’s a country the size of the state of Indiana. Not only is there not a lot of land, there’s not a lot of flat land or plains. A lot of the country is hilly/mountainous so in order for them to effectively utilize the land they have they have to be creative and efficient. Raising cattle isn’t really an effective use of anyone’s land unless you’re doing regenerative farming and if you are you don’t have all sorts of cattle roaming around leaving you with an excess of fertilizer.

As an American I have access to a vast amount of cow manure for literally dirt cheap. You can buy bags of it for 2$, or you can drive 30 minutes north and make a deal with a farmer.

I like the KNF stuff but I don’t have use for it. It’s a lot of extra work and collecting I just don’t need to do because I have access to the space and resources to establish a self sustaining cycle without the demands of feeding a population in a small plot of inefficient land. It’s good for restoring land that has been obliterated by chemicals and synthetics AND it’s great if you don’t have access to livestock for regenerative farming. Its also top notch for producing large amounts in small spaces.

Yep, this one of the big whys for cow/steer (and some time horse) manure recommendations. Cow manure comes with quite a range of bacillus bacteria in it as well as a whole host of probiotics and other benefits. It can be used to produce lactic acid on its own if needed.

Not only that, it can also “improve the diversity of soil bacteria, and effectively regulate the structure of the soil bacterial community” especially in plants that require high amounts of N for success.

If anyone has ever been to Korea then you will quickly understand why so many of their farming practices revolve around isolating certain bacteria, nutrients, etc. and driving their numbers up through intentional aging/culturing/processing. There is not a lot of land in Korea to begin with. It’s a country the size of the state of Indiana. Not only is there not a lot of land, there’s not a lot of flat land or plains. A lot of the country is hilly/mountainous so in order for them to effectively utilize the land they have they have to be creative and efficient. Raising cattle isn’t really an effective use of anyone’s land unless you’re doing regenerative farming and if you are you don’t have all sorts of cattle roaming around leaving you with an excess of fertilizer.

As an American I have access to a vast amount of cow manure for literally dirt cheap. You can buy bags of it for 2$, or you can drive 30 minutes north and make a deal with a farmer.

I like the KNF stuff but I don’t have use for it. It’s a lot of extra work and collecting I just don’t need to do because I have access to the space and resources to establish a self sustaining cycle without the demands of feeding a population in a small plot of inefficient land. It’s good for restoring land that has been obliterated by chemicals and synthetics AND it’s great if you don’t have access to livestock for regenerative farming. Its also top notch for producing large amounts in small spaces.
I actually ferment EM-1 for lactic acid to put in our chickens water we have 14 chickens in the burbs but 1 oz ferment to a gallon of water then give them either cottage cheese or yogurt but once we got a culture we make our own yogurt for the (prebiotic or probiotic I get them confused 🤔)I tell you it works REALLY GOOD!
I can put the chicken 💩 around our bushes or top dress with it Right away and no burn plus it doesn't 🦨. Same with the coop if it smells a touch ill take a gallon sprayer with the filter removed and spray the coop with a gallon of water to 1 oz lactid acid before we clean it ,it soaks up the smell like right away cheaper than Bokashi. I usually save that for the worms.
I think the chickens and worms will really like the curd off that rice recipe plus i could make cheese out of it if I want,but yeah,Probably not! Its my first try with the rice recipe.✌️

I actually ferment EM-1 for lactic acid to put in our chickens water we have 14 chickens in the burbs but 1 oz ferment to a gallon of water then give them either cottage cheese or yogurt but once we got a culture we make our own yogurt for the (prebiotic or probiotic I get them confused 🤔)I tell you it works REALLY GOOD!
I can put the chicken 💩 around our bushes or top dress with it Right away and no burn plus it doesn't 🦨. Same with the coop if it smells a touch ill take a gallon sprayer with the filter removed and spray the coop with a gallon of water to 1 oz lactid acid before we clean it ,it soaks up the smell like right away cheaper than Bokashi. I usually save that for the worms.
I think the chickens and worms will really like the curd off that rice recipe plus i could make cheese out of it if I want,but yeah,Probably not! Its my first try with the rice recipe.✌️

Chicken shit is another good amendment for cannabis.. Lots of farm animals, especially dairy farms produce a lot of valuable fertilizer on their own.

There used to be an amendment called chick n rock that was really popular for cannabis too. Somewhere along the way a shift happened and people started using a lot of ocean and sea based products for their cannabis. I’m not sure why or when the shift happened but farm fertilizers work just as well if not more so.

Chicken shit is another good amendment for cannabis.. Lots of farm animals, especially dairy farms produce a lot of valuable fertilizer on their own.

There used to be an amendment called chick n rock that was really popular for cannabis too. Somewhere along the way a shift happened and people started using a lot of ocean and sea based products for their cannabis. I’m not sure why or when the shift happened but farm fertilizers work just as well if not more so.
Probably for the Chiton in seafood i dont think manure has that

i don't use unknown manure bagged or not because there could be a worming product in there and i don't want it killing my worms in the bed Ive tried the Dairy Doo for outside it worked GREAT
I vermicompost,so I have 10,000 worms in a 4×8 LOS bed and a Urban worm bag for extra castings and or food scraps and then i in have a Bio pod which is a Black soldier fly container treats for the chickens and frass i feed them scraps too. I fell off the horse on the BSF over the summer, the weather screwed up my bin I had it in a bad spot and then all my adults flew the coop and never came back and i didn't get any natives,so i had to reorder larvae

Eh that’s an overrated reason, you can get chitin any where if you’re using soil:
IMG_7013.jpeg

Now I’m about to jump down a rabbit hole and find out why ocean stuff became so popular

i don't use unknown manure bagged or not because there could be a worming product

This is usually indicated on the bag or on the site somewhere because yes, this is a problem, not just for worm farms but plants in general. Worms and nematodes are really important for the soil.

If I remember correctly though there’s a certain amount of time where the dewormer is no longer a problem. I’m just remembering from something I read though so I’m not sure

Let me know when you figure it out im curious as well 🤔🤔😂
I reuse and make my own soil . I might buy a bag for a new start of beans or clones but usually Ill get my start soil from the bed downstairs. It has seafood in it but that's part of the amendment mix I use and idk if its any benefit the seafood i would guess but my opinion on its much more in the QUALITY of the castings or compost you use im a fan of casting because they are FREE✌️ usually my amendment is good for a whole round with no other inputs, im in the midst of getting the bed retested now, it needed a flush according to the test i just had done, so im finishing up on that

Eh that’s an overrated reason, you can get chitin any where if you’re using soil:
IMG_7013.jpeg

Now I’m about to jump down a rabbit hole and find out why ocean stuff became so popular
Could it be related to the natural pgr in kelp and seaweed?
It also doesn't rely on farming, which would appeal to some organic growers.

Could it be related to the natural pgr in kelp and seaweed?
It also doesn't rely on farming, which would appeal to some organic growers.

So from what I’ve gathered the pgrs and other benefits are a happy bonus from what was a search to find more sustainable options, and how to utilize the ocean more efficiently. Basically the idea is since the ocean is so much larger it just makes more sense to try to use what we can from it while decreasing our reliance on practices that exact a heavy toll on the land. If we can get nutrition from the ocean we don’t have to destroy our finite amount of land. Utilizing farm by products just enables those industries to continue business as usual in essence.

I can’t find any clear answer just a whole lot of mission statements that imply a need for more plentiful and sustainable options.

So from what I’ve gathered the pgrs and other benefits are a happy bonus from what was a search to find more sustainable options, and how to utilize the ocean more efficiently. Basically the idea is since the ocean is so much larger it just makes more sense to try to use what we can from it while decreasing our reliance on practices that exact a heavy toll on the land. If we can get nutrition from the ocean we don’t have to destroy our finite amount of land. Utilizing farm by products just enables those industries to continue business as usual in essence.

I can’t find any clear answer just a whole lot of mission statements that imply a need for more plentiful and sustainable options.
For anyone in the US who's interested in getting their soil tested

SEND SAMPLES TO: LOGAN LABS LLC​

620 North Main Street Lakeview, OH 43331
Ph # 937-842-6100
www.loganlabs.com

SUBMISSION WORKSHEET​

For anyone in the US who's interested in getting their soil tested

SEND SAMPLES TO: LOGAN LABS LLC​

620 North Main Street Lakeview, OH 43331
Ph # 937-842-6100
www.loganlabs.com

SUBMISSION WORKSHEET​

What’s the average cost and how much soil do they need?

What’s the average cost and how much soil do they need?
I get the test and analysis through KIS organic so they'll tell me exactly what i need to do .
Through them its $90 US and just the test through Logan is like $60 thats only a Mehlich and paste if you want to test for Heavy metals that's a different test 2 cups of soil from 6" deep i usually use dig a small hole then use a TBS spoon to collect my sample for random spots till i get 2 cups .
I like the analysis from KIS it's worth the extra$30. I can send you a link for KIS unless you know about them already.

Back
Top Bottom