Herbies Desserts to Sweeten Your Day @ Otters

A very nice bunch Stone, to say the least! :Rasta:

The MM is awesome! I'd be anxious to see that one growing for sure.

They're going gangbusters in there and good call on bumping up the magnesium! You're definitely going to have your hands full with the training and thinning in there to keep it all manageable, but I have complete faith in your abilities ever since I watched you wrangle that Strawberry Cough. :)
Lmao at what Green Yeti said :laugh:

A very nice bunch Stone, to say the least! :Rasta:

The MM is awesome! I'd be anxious to see that one growing for sure.
Anxiety/excitement are one in my tent I think. It's a challenge to not know what's around the corner and know I have to handle it!
They're going gangbusters in there and good call on bumping up the magnesium! You're definitely going to have your hands full with the training and thinning in there to keep it all manageable, but I have complete faith in your abilities ever since I watched you wrangle that Strawberry Cough. :)
Wow! That was a trip to grow! We just recently ran out! Thanks for bringing that one up Shed, and for the vote of confidence!
Stone your plants are perfect. It shows you know what you are doing. Can't wait to see more. :thumb: :popcorn:🍋
Thanks Keith! Maybe I show the good pics more than the deficiency ones but they're good with new growth and moving fast now.
Lmao at what Green Yeti said :laugh:
I love the comments!

Caught up and riding along if you don't mind :rollit:
The extra bushy branch on the Banana Pudding sounds like some kind of mutation, reminds me of whorled phyllotaxy but not quite. Freakin lovely plants so far.

Caught up and riding along if you don't mind :rollit:
The extra bushy branch on the Banana Pudding sounds like some kind of mutation, reminds me of whorled phyllotaxy but not quite. Freakin lovely plants so far.
Welcome Absolute! Nice to have you! I think it is a whorled phy plant. That one branch is showing it and the other two not. In the next few days it's going to show colas! I might have to pick some to cull there's so many!

Welcome Absolute! Nice to have you! I think it is a whorled phy plant. That one branch is showing it and the other two not. In the next few days it's going to show colas! I might have to pick some to cull there's so many!
Two's company three's a party LOL :party:

SUMMER SEEDS ARE WET! UPDATE

Good day all!
It's about 6 weeks before I'll be planting a @Herbies Seeds Apple Betty and a @Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk so yesterday they went into solo cups along with some tomato seeds under my favorite all around utility light, the XS1500 Pro by @ViparSpectra , Hi Valery :ciao:!

I started by mixing @DYNOMYCO in with "build a soil" starter soil. Then I filled my solo cups with a handful of my LOS soil, about 1 1/2 inches up. Don't forget to cut drainage holes in your cups!

Then they all got a seed and some more Dynomyco and a good watering and went under the XS1500 Pro set for 20 DLI. I can't say DLI is going to be perfect this time because the light time is set for 15 hours on, my daytime light on the day I'll be planting, not 18 hours. So less than the regular DLI. I'll watch them to be sure they grow ok on their seedling mats set to 80F.

Wishing a good spring/summer for everyone!

Great seedling setup and congrats on the drop! I can't wait to see more OtterTrees® this summer. ☀️
Isn't that seedling setup nice! No more knocking over solo cups!

I want one just like it!

Maybe @Absorber can print us some. ;)

I keep saving my son's cardboard take-out drink holders but I think my wife keeps recycling them. :hmmmm:
You've got to go stealth, Shed, and recycle the recycle!

I can't say DLI is going to be perfect this time because the light time is set for 15 hours on, my daytime light on the day I'll be planting, not 18 hours. So less than the regular DLI.
Hey Otter, can't you increase light intensity so that you increase the DLI that way? This is precisely the problem I will be working with. Change in number of hours of light due to loadshedding, so I have worked out that I would need to increase the intensity with the shorter hours. Is that a wrong thing do you think?

Great seedling setup and congrats on the drop! I can't wait to see more OtterTrees® this summer. ☀️
One more trip around the sun!
Isn't that seedling setup nice! No more knocking over solo cups!

I want one just like it!

Maybe @Absorber can print us some. ;)
Thanks ! Or just drill out a plant riser.
I keep saving my son's cardboard take-out drink holders but I think my wife keeps recycling them. :hmmmm:
Those are a great idea! Her's too normally :laugh:.
Hey Otter, can't you increase light intensity so that you increase the DLI that way? This is precisely the problem I will be working with. Change in number of hours of light due to loadshedding, so I have worked out that I would need to increase the intensity with the shorter hours. Is that a wrong thing do you think?
Great thought! Yes all around! Since there's a range of intensity, starting at 12 DLI and I chose the higher end of it, 20 DLI which I know is high but I know from experience I like it that way for seedlings, I can rest easy knowing they will have enough light with the 3 hour short day. Well I think so anyway. Let's see. I may give it a goose ^ when they get established after a few weeks.

FAST AND FURIOUS VEG UPDATE

It's a beautiful morning here! I hope your day is going well! Just a couple of things today.

This Mango Mousse cabbage plant is growing wildly and the FIM end was just crazy with shoots growing from every which way! Since this grow is being the opposite of that I took a good bunch of it off.

That will help make for a nice bunch of colas that don't have to fight for room to thrive! I was hoping for 8 colas a plant. This one will still make 10 or more I think. She's a producer!

There's Apple Betty, right rear I had to LST some branches to level the canopy. She's growing fast! The rest I'm tucking leaves. Banana Pudding is from another planet so another day I'll look at that one.

The Dessert bunch.

I'm thinking today's Thursday, maybe Sunday will be flip day if they look right then. We're getting close!

Everything looks on point Stone 😎👊.

Normally when I uppot I turn the lights down a bit to let them settle in for a few days before forcing them to grow, which seems to make them happy, so if DLI drops a bit when you plant outdoors I think you will be fine. It's colder out there so they will likely like the break.

Looking forward to watching it😊.

Back
Top Bottom