OnBailCuz Aka OBC First Grow Apple Betty Herbies

Guess that makes us appreciate it so much More, the time, the effort. I like the grow journals for that reason, it allows us to remember that plant and immortalize it.
Yeah I was wanting to share my progress with my first grow with my uncle who used to grow back when I was younger that's how I stumbled on journals I started using grow with Jane, around the time I became a member here, but I decided to do my journal here instead after seeing how everyone just gives off bits of their knowledge, stuff like that is priceless especially when it's available for everyone 😁

Just checking up on her before work, when I took the pics in the last post it was just after a water and lights on, so she was still half asleep, I noticed now she's very perked up towards the light which is good. There is still signs of slight curling on a couple the leafs but nothing major to report in

IMG_20240221_114705.jpg

IMG_20240221_114656.jpg

OK so I done some renovations cause I didn't like how the set up

I removed the inner tray and replaced it with a cut black plastic pallet that I hacked into with a grinder, the end result came up OK for now. Also added a tap to drain out the water although it's low Im thinking if I should add another of the black pallets underneath just to give it that little more height the problem is I don't want to have them raised up to high

Pic is right on lights on so she's still half asleep after a couple hours the leafs begin to perk up, I'll add another Pic later on to show

IMG_20240223_002323.jpg

IMG_20240223_002258.jpg

IMG_20240223_002246.jpg

IMG_20240223_002238.jpg

After transplanting apple betty into a larger pot it was right around lights out time I also gave her a good water and had plenty run off water which was good cause I got to put my drainage system to the test which worked flawlessly.

so once everything was all said and done plus being bed time too she looked very wilted so I was a little worried about that.

I also hooked on the net just to give myself an idea of what I should do next

IMG_20240224_213047.jpg

IMG_20240224_213042.jpg

IMG_20240224_213040.jpg

After transplanting apple betty into a larger pot it was right around lights out time I also gave her a good water and had plenty run off water which was good cause I got to put my drainage system to the test which worked flawlessly.

so once everything was all said and done plus being bed time too she looked very wilted so I was a little worried about that.

I also hooked on the net just to give myself an idea of what I should do next

IMG_20240224_213047.jpg

IMG_20240224_213042.jpg

IMG_20240224_213040.jpg
A little wilt isn't bad when uppotting.
Good timing , roots look perfect.
Garden looks wonderful.
Hope your weekend is going well.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

She seems to be doing well since everything and has bounced back as if to say "no effect" she looks like she's gonna fill up this net real fast...

I'm going to move the other plants and keep only apple betty and GG#4 which are the largest 2 at the moment under the net on this side, I have some renovations I want to do I'm just waiting for my bulka bag of premium potting mixture to arrive which should be Thursday, I've also ordered a 100L bag of perlite so Friday Apple Betty will have more room for herself

IMG_20240225_132342.jpg

IMG_20240225_132403.jpg

IMG_20240225_132414.jpg

IMG_20240225_132424.jpg

IMG_20240225_132502.jpg

IMG_20240225_132448.jpg

IMG_20240225_132736.jpg

just a quick post as some progress

My bulka bag of soil arrived It feel like I did an infinite soil glitch 😂😂

PH tested to check make sure it's OK

I also ordered 100L of perlite which has arrived so I can blend it in with the soil

I decided to spoil myself with a new light I got cheap on ebay - bloom plus bp4000 which I will open up another 4 x 4 in the tent and set up the others on that side giving apple betty more room to grow

Renovations and repotting will take place on this coming Friday and over the weekend with more pictures

Stay safe EVERYONE

OBC

IMG_20240229_095127.jpg

IMG_20240229_095134.jpg

IMG_20240229_103902.jpg

IMG_20240229_104338.jpg

IMG_20240229_103906.jpg

IMG_20240229_104346.jpg

IMG_20240229_104354.jpg

IMG_20240229_110401.jpg

I'm a little late but just in time for the fun to begin!! Happy Thursday! Good call on the up-pot. Can't wait to see her explode!! 😎✌️

Hey all, sorry for the late reply just been caught up with a few things but I'm still doing upgrades and stuff in the background 😉😊😊

Apple Betty's she going hard

If you see in the photo attached her I took a Pic of the stem and it's looking very chunky and thick, she looks very happy

Apple Betty is currently in a 4x4 area shared with another strain Mimosa x orange punch barney's and she seems to be hogging up most of the room she's already taken up her half and pushing for more

I'm not sure when im gonna flip to flower maybe in 4-8 weeks I'm hoping she doesn't get to high though

I was against topping her to start with cause being my first grow but now I'm thinking of trying to do FIMing can anyone tell me if it's to late to do that considering I might flip to flower in 4 to 8 weeks????

I have added some drip trays for my other side 4x4 but I also decided to try out the blumats so I watched a few bids on YouTube and set it all up nailed it good on the first set up with very little issues and seems to be set up fine,

what are you guys thoughts on blumats? Ive seen a few people recommend them my main concern is will it cause root rot cause now it will water when the soil dries up rather then watering every other day letting the soil dry out completely?

Everything been working well so I'm hoping by adding the blumats it not going to cause me issues down the track, but I will keep an eye on it, does anyone know if you can add nutrients to the water tank or is it better just to water nutrients in with a watering can and leave the blumats in with only water running through them?

Hopefully everyone following likes the growth since last update she's getting very bushy and needing a trim too but I got no idea what leaves to take off? And can I just trim leaves anytime? Cause I know with flower there are certain weeks you should and shouldn't trim is it the same for veg?

Thanks guys, I asked a few questions so if I get replies I will answer them all ❤️❤️ love you all keep safe

IMG_20240315_002129.jpg

IMG_20240315_002135.jpg

IMG_20240315_002200.jpg

IMG_20240315_002218.jpg

IMG_20240315_002235.jpg

Hey all, sorry for the late reply just been caught up with a few things but I'm still doing upgrades and stuff in the background 😉😊😊

Apple Betty's she going hard

If you see in the photo attached her I took a Pic of the stem and it's looking very chunky and thick, she looks very happy

Apple Betty is currently in a 4x4 area shared with another strain Mimosa x orange punch barney's and she seems to be hogging up most of the room she's already taken up her half and pushing for more

I'm not sure when im gonna flip to flower maybe in 4-8 weeks I'm hoping she doesn't get to high though

I was against topping her to start with cause being my first grow but now I'm thinking of trying to do FIMing can anyone tell me if it's to late to do that considering I might flip to flower in 4 to 8 weeks????
If you have time you could top them, 4 weeks is plenty.
But don't until we talk.
I have added some drip trays for my other side 4x4 but I also decided to try out the blumats so I watched a few bids on YouTube and set it all up nailed it good on the first set up with very little issues and seems to be set up fine,

what are you guys thoughts on blumats? Ive seen a few people recommend them my main concern is will it cause root rot cause now it will water when the soil dries up rather then watering every other day letting the soil dry out completely?

Everything been working well so I'm hoping by adding the blumats it not going to cause me issues down the track, but I will keep an eye on it, does anyone know if you can add nutrients to the water tank or is it better just to water nutrients in with a watering can and leave the blumats in with only water running through them?
Never used blue mats. :Namaste:
Soil needs a dry period.
Watering every other day will cause root rot and deficiency issues.
Usually takes 2-4 days to dry between feeding.
You can mix nutrients and feed through the bluemats.
That's what I would do.
Feed through the auto system and give plain water by hand.
Hopefully everyone following likes the growth since last update she's getting very bushy and needing a trim too but I got no idea what leaves to take off? And can I just trim leaves anytime? Cause I know with flower there are certain weeks you should and shouldn't trim is it the same for veg?

Thanks guys, I asked a few questions so if I get replies I will answer them all ❤️❤️ love you all keep safe
In veg training and leaf removal is common.
Given your situation I wouldn't do any topping now.
You have that net set and full, nice work.
Your ready to flip to flower.
if you wait 4-8 weeks you will be buried in there.
When you flip they double in size so your going to need another net and 4 feet including space for your light.
I would tidy any growth under the canopy that isn't going to get light and leave the rest until after they finish stretching.
Once they stretch I'll help you pick what isn't needed.
Take care.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

If you have time you could top them, 4 weeks is plenty.
But don't until we talk
OK, I was more thinking about FIMing too so something I want to discus also,

Little story all my other ones got topped by my old man cause he came past about 2 weeks ago and couldn't help himself but I told him not to touch apple betty lol 😂😂😭😭 he's my old man and has grown a lot and when he saw how they are pretty much going perfect he was blown away 🤯🤯🤯 lol especially because they are good strains back in his days they didn't have access to strains like we do now his eyes was on Apple Betty the most on the lot I told him I'm going to give him a clone of her if I can pull it off successfully

I've already taken a few cuttings about 5 days ago been doing a ton of research on YouTube and got an aeroponics cloner cheap one see how that goes will discuss with you more about that too
Never used blue mats. :Namaste:
Soil needs a dry period.
Watering every other day will cause root rot and deficiency issues.
Usually takes 2-4 days to dry between feeding.
You can mix nutrients and feed through the bluemats.
That's what I would do.
Feed through the auto system and give plain water by hand.
Yeah I said every other day but I'd say I was watering more on the 3 - 4 days side so I was letting it run very dry

Interesting you say that it's the complete opposite of what I was thinking but it does make sense to drip feed the nutrients and run water through by hand the only reason I went with the other way was cause I'm using that swift grow it says that cause it's got live shit in it it needs to be used within 24 - 48 hours after activating with water, but I also got given by my old man Dutch master hot coco flower A and B he's old school so he's like I just add some to water and throw it in lol I couldn't find much info on them but I've added it maybe 2 times at underchalf strength and PH tested to around 6 when I did that but I'm pretty sure its meant for when it's flowering lol figured it wouldn't hurt tho,

but do let me know if you still think I should switch it back up or keep it that way
In veg training and leaf removal is common.
Given your situation I wouldn't do any topping now.
You have that net set and full, nice work.
Your ready to flip to flower.
if you wait 4-8 weeks you will be buried in there.
When you flip they double in size so your going to need another net and 4 feet including space for your light.
I would tidy any growth under the canopy that isn't going to get light and leave the rest until after they finish stretching.
Once they stretch I'll help you pick what isn't needed.
Take care.
Talk soon.
So you think I should flip to flower soon/now ish ?

Yeah I gave my uncle back his GG#4 cause he didn't know if it was a fem seed so I didn't wanna risk it and gave it back to him but in saying that he was telling me I need to flip them into flower asap cause they are gonna be still grow a lot, I'm glad I got you here to discuss this with cause my dad and uncle sometimes contradict each other and being my first grow Ive got so much second hand knowledge but little practical experience, so thanks 😊

OK so you think take off all the leafs under the canopy and leave the top ones getting the light? Good your telling me this cause my understanding was to take the ones ocking the light so the lower ones can get some

OK so you think flip to flower soon? If that's what u think we'll go over a few things like u said I'll do some trimming in the leafs and flip it

your right about about everything you said and I'm actually a bit it short on height cause I have the IBC draining for the RO so that's definitely going to be an issue your a machine 💪for noticing that because it something I've already been doing head miles over so I need to try and keep her short and yes definitely should I get another net because I'm so close to getting one already was even thinking getting a net covering 2 x 4 so a 120 cm by 240 cm which would cover both 4 x 4 footprints but then thought better to keep separate nets so I can get around them but I'm gonna pull the trigger on getting another net so give that a few days to arrive and I'll set that up should I get a slightly bigger one cause they seem tight and curve in in the sides a lot I'd rather it be more squared out

Thanks so much stay safe🙏
OBC

OK, I was more thinking about FIMing too so something I want to discus also,

Little story all my other ones got topped by my old man cause he came past about 2 weeks ago and couldn't help himself but I told him not to touch apple betty lol 😂😂😭😭 he's my old man and has grown a lot and when he saw how they are pretty much going perfect he was blown away 🤯🤯🤯 lol especially because they are good strains back in his days they didn't have access to strains like we do now his eyes was on Apple Betty the most on the lot I told him I'm going to give him a clone of her if I can pull it off successfully

I've already taken a few cuttings about 5 days ago been doing a ton of research on YouTube and got an aeroponics cloner cheap one see how that goes will discuss with you more about that too

Yeah I said every other day but I'd say I was watering more on the 3 - 4 days side so I was letting it run very dry

Interesting you say that it's the complete opposite of what I was thinking but it does make sense to drip feed the nutrients and run water through by hand the only reason I went with the other way was cause I'm using that swift grow it says that cause it's got live shit in it it needs to be used within 24 - 48 hours after activating with water, but I also got given by my old man Dutch master hot coco flower A and B he's old school so he's like I just add some to water and throw it in lol I couldn't find much info on them but I've added it maybe 2 times at underchalf strength and PH tested to around 6 when I did that but I'm pretty sure its meant for when it's flowering lol figured it wouldn't hurt tho,

but do let me know if you still think I should switch it back up or keep it that way

So you think I should flip to flower soon/now ish ?

Yeah I gave my uncle back his GG#4 cause he didn't know if it was a fem seed so I didn't wanna risk it and gave it back to him but in saying that he was telling me I need to flip them into flower asap cause they are gonna be still grow a lot, I'm glad I got you here to discuss this with cause my dad and uncle sometimes contradict each other and being my first grow Ive got so much second hand knowledge but little practical experience, so thanks 😊

OK so you think take off all the leafs under the canopy and leave the top ones getting the light? Good your telling me this cause my understanding was to take the ones ocking the light so the lower ones can get some

OK so you think flip to flower soon? If that's what u think we'll go over a few things like u said I'll do some trimming in the leafs and flip it

your right about about everything you said and I'm actually a bit it short on height cause I have the IBC draining for the RO so that's definitely going to be an issue your a machine 💪for noticing that because it something I've already been doing head miles over so I need to try and keep her short and yes definitely should I get another net because I'm so close to getting one already was even thinking getting a net covering 2 x 4 so a 120 cm by 240 cm which would cover both 4 x 4 footprints but then thought better to keep separate nets so I can get around them but I'm gonna pull the trigger on getting another net so give that a few days to arrive and I'll set that up should I get a slightly bigger one cause they seem tight and curve in in the sides a lot I'd rather it be more squared out

Thanks so much stay safe🙏
OBC
My apologies my friend it's been so busy today.
I'll go over everything you talked about , just have a bunch of stuff still to conquer tonight.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill 😎

Back
Top Bottom