ViparSpectra KS5000, Herbies Seeds, A Private UK Breeder Strain And More

You are right Valerie I have a Potassium deficiency I am currently addressing.
At first I thought it was heat/light stress, then realized I was wrong, because it is only effecting one plant. The @ViparSpectra KS5000 puts out a lot of light, but testing it along the way help me to eliminate any chance of heat or light stress.

Potassium deficiency can often look like heat or light stress and the symptoms are almost identical. So today I gave them all a boost of (K) and should see result in a couple of days.

Again, you are right the Mango Mousse is the biggest in the tent currently. She is also a little on the light side of green so I am keeping an eye on her also, but I don't foresee any issues with her.

Thanks again for stopping by Valerie and have a great day.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Impressive grow TR and it looks like the KS-5000 is doing a great job too. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Time for another update.

The Mango Mousse, Banana Pudding, Strawberry Frog, and The New x Pineapple Skunk are all doing well and in the Flowering stage. The funny thing is the Apple Betty still has not transited to flower, so I insolated her and put her under light manipulation to bring about flowering. Aside from that they Mango Mousse is always hungry, she is doing well and building some nice buds.

The Banana Pudding is a nice color green and moving right along in flower. She is one of three the same height with Strawberry Frog and The New x Pineapple Skunk. All are in flower and currently building some big buds.

Here are some current images.

I have increase the ppm's on the Mango Mousse. She appears unfed.

Time to start working at addressing each ladies issues.

Be safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Impressive grow TR and it looks like the KS-5000 is doing a great job too. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
Glad to hear that and thank you for approving the KS5000's job.

Thank you for stopping by @ViparSpectra Valerie and @CaptainLucky

I hope all is well with you.

Let see, an update on the Soul Diesel. She has been moving along building bud and basting under the @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO. She is not as big as I had expected, so I will be giving her another go.

I tend to be overly cautious when I grow in my 2x4 tent, mainly because of the height. I need to come up with a better plan for controlling her height this next grow and fill this tent.

Here are some current images of the Soul Diesel.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Looking good in there Tok. Do you intentionally go for slight tip burn on the leaves? I have read that others do and I wondered what it indicates and how it improves the harvest.

Thank you for stopping by @CaptainLucky and @ViparSpectra Valerie,

First, I want to apologizes for being a little slow on updates, I have been very busy with my wife's health issues. Hence the reason for lack of updates.

I am back now, and the ladies have been doing well except for Apple Betty she is giving me problems transiting for veg to flower. I recently put her under 48 hours light manipulation to induce flowering, we will see in the next couple of days to see if it worked. I have taken a cutting to try and cloning her and starting again.

As far as Banana Pudding and Mango Mousse they are both doing well and building some nice buds. I have notice a cal-mag deficiency in all of my SIP containers. So, the the next time I use these container I will start feeding cal-mag at the beginning of the grow. Even the Strawberry Frog if showing sign of cal-mag issues.

The New and Pineapple Skunk is more or less happy and moving right along.

I am kind of looking forward to the next grow. I hope to grow a large plant in a Grow Box how that I have the gest of growing in this manner. I have had this box for a couple of years and never used it for growing winter tomatoes. This time I should be able to compare it to a DWC grow. As soon as the grow box is completed I will be doing another DWC.

Enough rambling, her are some current images.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
I was just wondering if you had any thoughts about why your A.B. isn’t flowering? I know that PB says you might have add Cal-Mag and I started adding earlier on growing Golden Tigers but the Panama + Chocolate Thai didn’t seem to need it if I recall correctly. Happy growing TR and wishing you the best. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

How have you been @Carmen Ray

Do you intentionally go for slight tip burn on the leaves?
No, after some research on my all of my SIP plants I have come to the conclusion they all have a cal-mag issue that I am addressing. The bad think about when a grow goes to smooth, I ease up on how through I check my ladies.

Before I could say for sure it is cal-mage deficiency, I had to check for light and heat burn. Since, only the SIP's grow are effected this way and not the soil grow I have in the same tent; I feel cal-mag is the only thing it could be. Most of the SIP grow are on the path to recovery.

I need an empty tent with just the Apple Betty in it, so I can get her back on track and start flowering. She is getting darker now from the cal-mag treatment and a boost in her nutrient level and still producing new vegetation, even under 12/12.

I was just wondering if you had any thoughts about why your A.B. isn’t flowering?
Not quite sure yet, but I think the nutrient level and the cal-mag need to be played with. All of my SIP grows are on Prescription Blend nutrients and increasing the ppm's can be a little tricky. I think the next SIP grow I do, I will be using GH nutrient that I am more willing to play with the ppm's. I don't think it is the PB products, they are just a little trick increasing the ppm's over the standard mix.

I give you credit for your commitment to growing Golden Tiger she is a beauty, I did not find Golden Tiger hard to grow, just long. If I could grow outdoors this would definitely be on my list to grow again, but it's a, been there done that and don't want to do it again indoors. Mainly because I ended up filling the 4x4 and could not put anything else in there for 6 mouths.
I think I am going to take a break from long flowering 100% sativa, until I get another tent or can grow outdoors.

Also @CaptainLucky , I did not forget your question, about how much hash I can get off an ounce of bud. I have the bud in the freezer and working in to get it ready to make some more hash. @Hash Hound I will call you early next week if you want to stop by and see how I do it.

TR

How have you been @Carmen Ray

No, after some research on my all of my SIP plants I have come to the conclusion they all have a cal-mag issue that I am addressing. The bad think about when a grow goes to smooth, I ease up on how through I check my ladies.

Before I could say for sure it is cal-mage deficiency, I had to check for light and heat burn. Since, only the SIP's grow are effected this way and not the soil grow I have in the same tent; I feel cal-mag is the only thing it could be. Most of the SIP grow are on the path to recovery.

I need an empty tent with just the Apple Betty in it, so I can get her back on track and start flowering. She is getting darker now from the cal-mag treatment and a boost in her nutrient level and still producing new vegetation, even under 12/12.

Not quite sure yet, but I think the nutrient level and the cal-mag need to be played with. All of my SIP grows are on Prescription Blend nutrients and increasing the ppm's can be a little tricky. I think the next SIP grow I do, I will be using GH nutrient that I am more willing to play with the ppm's. I don't think it is the PB products, they are just a little trick increasing the ppm's over the standard mix.

I give you credit for your commitment to growing Golden Tiger she is a beauty, I did not find Golden Tiger hard to grow, just long. If I could grow outdoors this would definitely be on my list to grow again, but it's a, been there done that and don't want to do it again indoors. Mainly because I ended up filling the 4x4 and could not put anything else in there for 6 mouths.
I think I am going to take a break from long flowering 100% sativa, until I get another tent or can grow outdoors.

Also @CaptainLucky , I did not forget your question, about how much hash I can get off an ounce of bud. I have the bud in the freezer and working in to get it ready to make some more hash. @Hash Hound I will call you early next week if you want to stop by and see how I do it.

TR
I have another question for you about growing GT. If you used PB did you have to dilute it it to keep it from burning? I was diluting it 50% all through the grow. CL🍀

It's that time again.

Everyone in the tent is in flower building stage, except Apple Betty. I recently have taken a clipping and placed it in a glass of water and placed on widow sill. I checked her this morning and she is starting to sprout some roots. The reason I decided to take a clipping is because I gave the desert pack seeds to my brother in-law. Oh well.

The Banana Pudding and Mango Mousse are building bud and should be ready around the end of the month, or so. The Strawberry Frog and The New x Pineapple Skunk are looking good and smelling up the tent. The Strawberry Frog breeder was recommended by @Smoking Granny56 a couple years ago and I am just getting around to growing them. She took me it was a veteran own business so I bought two different strains and he gave me freebies seeds from his other strains. For $100.00 bucks I ended up getting around 30 or 40 seeds.

The New x Pineapple Skunk is from a UK breeder friend of mind and she is turning out to be a solid plant. I think I am going to start grow a couple plants from private breeders every summer. I have some interesting crosses.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Geat work! Thank you :thumb: pdates as always!

Time fly's when your having fun.
Time for an update.

As I mentioned last update all are in flowering stage and building buds. The Apple Betty is finally starting to show signs of transiting to flower and I will let her grow until all the other are finished before I decide what to do with her. For some reason unbeknownst to me at this time SIP's has been an experience nutrient imbalanced. I believe this is a solid way to grow cannabis once the nutrient level is figured out. I will be growing a couple next journal, so I can figure out the proper nutrient levels of watering from top and bottom.

Back to the update.
Four of the five plants I have in my 4x4 tent are starting to show red/brown pistils.

This is not on Herbies seeds but Banana Pudding and Mango Mousse are in flower and building buds, but they are showing the signs of nutrient deficiency, so I have been working on stabilizing them. The SIP system of growing is a good system, but care and attention to detail is need when growing plants like cannabis. I plan on running the Desert pack again, after I finish a couple more grows.

The surprise is both private breeder seed are doing well. Small Potatoes - Strawberry Frog is a strong and health cross between Strawberry Kush x Vader OG. I can tell she is going to be a delight to smoke. I was just on their site and I notice that they have double their strain selection, they are located in Michigan.

The other strain is from a private breeding friend of mind in the UK - The New x Pineapple Skunk has not been effected by a SIP grow and by the watering/feed regiment like all the other ones. I have had these seeds for about 5 years or so, and I am glad I faunally got around to growing her. I should start growing one private breeder seed every grow.

Enough of my rambling, here are some current images.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Hi Tok, is it possible that it is a calcium deficiency caused by sub-irrigation vs top watering? Gee64 has been explaining how calcium is heavy and moves downwards through the soil. It is therefore thought not to be properly distributed in sub-irrigation and has to be supplemented with each feed. Could that be what is causing issues for you too?

Time fly's when your having fun.
Time for an update.

As I mentioned last update all are in flowering stage and building buds. The Apple Betty is finally starting to show signs of transiting to flower and I will let her grow until all the other are finished before I decide what to do with her. For some reason unbeknownst to me at this time SIP's has been an experience nutrient imbalanced. I believe this is a solid way to grow cannabis once the nutrient level is figured out. I will be growing a couple next journal, so I can figure out the proper nutrient levels of watering from top and bottom.

Back to the update.
Four of the five plants I have in my 4x4 tent are starting to show red/brown pistils.

This is not on Herbies seeds but Banana Pudding and Mango Mousse are in flower and building buds, but they are showing the signs of nutrient deficiency, so I have been working on stabilizing them. The SIP system of growing is a good system, but care and attention to detail is need when growing plants like cannabis. I plan on running the Desert pack again, after I finish a couple more grows.

The surprise is both private breeder seed are doing well. Small Potatoes - Strawberry Frog is a strong and health cross between Strawberry Kush x Vader OG. I can tell she is going to be a delight to smoke. I was just on their site and I notice that they have double their strain selection, they are located in Michigan.

The other strain is from a private breeding friend of mind in the UK - The New x Pineapple Skunk has not been effected by a SIP grow and by the watering/feed regiment like all the other ones. I have had these seeds for about 5 years or so, and I am glad I faunally got around to growing her. I should start growing one private breeder seed every grow.

Enough of my rambling, here are some current images.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
Except for Apple Betty, others will be harvested soon. The buds look big and thick. Hope Apple Betty can catch them up.
Hi Tok, is it possible that it is a calcium deficiency caused by sub-irrigation vs top watering? Gee64 has been explaining how calcium is heavy and moves downwards through the soil. It is therefore thought not to be properly distributed in sub-irrigation and has to be supplemented with each feed. Could that be what is causing issues for you too?
So Apple Betty's problem is probably due to a nutrient deficiency caused by too much calcium being lost when watered?

Except for Apple Betty, others will be harvested soon. The buds look big and thick. Hope Apple Betty can catch them up.
😋
So Apple Betty's problem is probably due to a nutrient deficiency caused by too much calcium being lost when watered?
As I understand it, Gee's theory of the calcium is that it is heavy and sinks through the medium from the top down, so when the water is coming from a reservoir underneath the plant, the roots don't come into contact with the calcium they would normally from being top watered. Therefore it is necessary to supplement with calcium. I just wondered if this might be the situation with the SIP plants.

Thank you for stopping in @Carmen Ray and @ViparSpectra Valerie.

I seen your reply earlier, but had some running around to take care of this morning.

That may very well be the case with the calcium as @Gee64 mentioned. I will be doing two more next grow, so I can narrow down the problem. The funny thing is, it is only a problem with my desert pack seeds. Is it strain specific, maybe.
The private breeder seed (The New x Pineapple Skunk) seem less effected. Anyways, it's time to pay close attention and analysis the process. There is more than meets the eye.

They will all survive until harvest, by the end of the month and then I will have new face to familiarize myself with. I haven't kept notes for a couple years and I needs to get back in that habit for the SIP process. Laziness or over confident maybe, just need to start logging details.

Tok..

edit: I almost want to put a air stone in the reservoir the agitate and put more air in the water.

Back
Top Bottom