ViparSpectra KS5000, Herbies Seeds, A Private UK Breeder Strain And More

Time for an update.

All the ladies are doing fine under the @ViparSpectra KS5000 growing everyday. I am a little surprised, but the Apple Betty is lagging behind. I still have not fed them anything, I figure the first feeding will be on the 14th. At least two of them will get @GeoFlora Nutrients and still deciding on the rest.

All are still under 18/6 with the KS5000 height of 26 inches at 50%.
Here are some current images.

That's all folk's.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Time to update this journal also.

Pretty much everything that I have been doing to the Soul Diesel has been done to all of the ladies also. The Strawberry Frog is in soil with @GeoFlora Nutrients and everything else is in SIP being fed @Prescription Blend nutrient.

All have progressing nicely with with a little trimming along the way. All have been fed for the first time today, where as they were only getting water with Sweet Candy in it at 5 grams per gallon. Speaking of Sweet Candy, I have definitely seen differences in this soil grow compare to some in the past, good stuff. I got to try it in DWC and see how it works.

Let's not forget the @ViparSpectra KS5000 LED bar light, providing the rays necessary to make my girls happy.

@Herbies Seeds Desert Pack

Apple Betty - Is not as big as the other two currently, but I see good things for her in the near future.

Banana Pudding - Is also doing very well and in a race with Mango Mousse for tent supremacy.

Mango Mousse - Is the big girl of the neighborhood. Her structure is similar to Apple Betty, indicating to me a short veg period or she will overwhelm the tent. Currently my feeling are a three to four week veg. for her and everyone else.

Private Growers

Strawberry Frog - Is a pleasant surprise, she is a breeze to grow and response well to training. Thank you, Small Potatoes Seeds. I will be growing some of the other strain I have from them.

The New x Pineapple Skunk - is bring up the rear, but she is definitely healthy. Very Indica looking.

So, the universal treatment consisted of a lite weekly trim to remove larger/blocking fan leaves. Remove all branches that I deemed to low and unnecessary. A treatment of Diatomaceous Earth and water mixture at a rate of about 30 grams per gallon, to treat a lite gnats appearance (that's what the white spots are, in some of the images). Will be top dressing all today with sand, to help with any additional grat appearances.

That's all folk's

Be safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Edit: spell check

I checked on the girls this morning, and it looks like the treatment of Diatomaceous Earth and water mixture at a rate of about 30 grams per gallon, did the trick with a top dressing of sand. No sign of any gnats this morning, figures crossed.

Here are a couple current images.

That's all folks.

Be safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

I suppose it's that time again.

All five strains are doing well and I decided to only veg them for four weeks and then change their light schedule to 12/12. The main reason for this decision is, because the @Herbies Seeds Desert pack is going to fill up this tent, if I don't control the development, I believe they will overwhelm the other two.

Apple Betty - has recently been perking up and is the same size as the Mango Mouse.

Banana Pudding - Is not that far behind

Mango Mousse - Is still a race for tent dominants.

Strawberry Frog - Is doing really well, she should be an interesting one.

The New x Pineapple Skunk - Is still developing nicely, but has a low stature like an Indica dominant strain.

That's all folk's.
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, whether it's about this grow or something else.

Tok..

Good morning 420 Magazine

It's time for another update and some new information.

First off a big THANK YOU to @Hash Hound for everything.
I had a great time visiting you the other day and we will have to do it again before winter sets in.
If you enjoyed that hash, I will make you some next time we meet.

With the rate of growth from the @Herbies Seeds Desert pack I fine it necessary to place them all on a 12/12 schedule. The @ViparSpectra KS5000 has been preforming superior and I believe that if I just veg three weeks with this grow it should be enough to fill this 4x4 tent. All ladies were given a light trim the other day, in preparation for flower.

Desert Pack

Apple Betty has decided that she wants tent dominants. She has recently caught up and passed the Mango Mousse for the ranking of biggest currently.

Banana Pudding has been coming along nicely and is also in flower as of today.

Mango Mousse is still close to the Apple Betty size, but not quite as big.

Private and UK Breeder:

Strawberry Frog is a bit of a surprise, she is growing well and would rank tie for third place with Banana Pudding.

The New x Pineapple Skunk has a small structure similar to a Indica, she should be interesting to watch in flower.

So far, all the ladies in soil have been fed with @GeoFlora Nutrients (grow) twice, next week they will get their first taste of bloom nutrients.
All the ladies in SIP containers are receiving @Prescription Blend nutrients and are responding well.

Basically this is a straight forward grow with little if any complication. If you have any questions about soil, water or anything else feel free to ask.

Full tent

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Good morning 420 Magazine

It's time for another update and some new information.

First off a big THANK YOU to @Hash Hound for everything.
I had a great time visiting you the other day and we will have to do it again before winter sets in.
If you enjoyed that hash, I will make you some next time we meet.

It was great to have met with you Tok and thanks to you too for the treats. Sorry we had to cut it short but major problem at the club, 10 ton AC is shot. Probably 30+ years old. $$$BIG BUCKS$$$.
I was pretty buzzed so I took the news well.
I smoked a good bit of the hash you left me the rest of the day. I'm savin the rest and the buds for a visit with my friend tomorrow.
Ya we definitely have to hook up again before winter.

By the way your grows looking great. Not sure if I asked this before but do you add the Prescription Blend direct to the reservoir of the sip?

Not sure if I asked this before but do you add the Prescription Blend direct to the reservoir of the sip?
I normally mix up 2 or 3 gallons and add it when she is low on water. I will only do this for a couple feedings, and then do 2 or 3 with just water. With DWC I can change the nutrient solution once a week and start with fresh nutrients, but with SIP the nutrients can collect on the bottom of the container. So the just water, watering prevents a nutrient buildup.

Wither this is a fact or not, I do not know; it's just what I do.
Just like I add Hydro-Guard once a week.

Hope this helps.

On my way out to shoot some pool with my son.

Be safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Good morning 420 Magazine.

Quick update.

Both of my tents are now on a 12/12 light schedule. After a week of this, the ladies should start responding quicker, getting taller and spreading her branches. This is where the fun begins, making her submit to training and building bud sites. I am still waiting for Strawberry Frog and The New x Pineapple Skunk to show her sex. This should happen in the next couple of weeks.

I gave them all a good watering and they are currently at 75% on both @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO's set at a height of 21 inches. I will be increasing the light to 100% on Friday, I will leave the height the same for now and let the plants reach for the light, before I raise the elevation. I have a good 30 inches or so, to raise the light.

Today marks thirty days of growth from seed.
What do you think? Do you see any problems?

That's all folks.

Tok..

Hey Tok:ciao:
Garden looks great.
Girls are loving that @ViparSpectra, wow.
I am running the @Herbies Seeds Dessert Mix right now. :thumb:
They are the size of Lime Trees. :yahoo:Be careful, hehe.
Your in for a good one. ;)
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks for stopping by @Hash Hound and @Bill284

I hope all is well with you guys.

I know what you mean Bill, time for some serious training to keep them under control. This is why I limited my veg period to 3 weeks, because they are all about to explode with growth. Super cropping is going to be my friend this grow, for control and yield. If my Strawberry Frog and The New x Pineapple Skunk strains, turnout to be females it's going to be a very busy tent. I need to lookup the recommend flowering time, not that I use it, it's just nice to know for checking trichomes. Also, figuring out harvest date.

Tok..

Oh @Hash Hound you how have a bunch of fans over my way. They all liked those sample, you were kind enough to share with me.

Thanks for stopping by @Hash Hound and @Bill284

I hope all is well with you guys.

I know what you mean Bill, time for some serious training to keep them under control. This is why I limited my veg period to 3 weeks, because they are all about to explode with growth. Super cropping is going to be my friend this grow, for control and yield. If my Strawberry Frog and The New x Pineapple Skunk strains, turnout to be females it's going to be a very busy tent. I need to lookup the recommend flowering time, not that I use it, it's just nice to know for checking trichomes. Also, figuring out harvest date.

Tok..

Oh @Hash Hound you how have a bunch of fans over my way. They all liked those sample, you were kind enough to share with me.
Here’s Apple Betty. :yahoo:
Be carful, hehe.

50E4F43E-9DFB-4A16-A507-6994040E8241.jpeg

B526A8AC-85D6-421D-A4E8-24D5960D7449.png

Good morning 420 Magazine.

Quick update.

Both of my tents are now on a 12/12 light schedule. After a week of this, the ladies should start responding quicker, getting taller and spreading her branches. This is where the fun begins, making her submit to training and building bud sites. I am still waiting for Strawberry Frog and The New x Pineapple Skunk to show her sex. This should happen in the next couple of weeks.

I gave them all a good watering and they are currently at 75% on both @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO's set at a height of 21 inches. I will be increasing the light to 100% on Friday, I will leave the height the same for now and let the plants reach for the light, before I raise the elevation. I have a good 30 inches or so, to raise the light.

Today marks thirty days of growth from seed.
What do you think? Do you see any problems?

That's all folks.

Tok..
Looks healthy and strong.

Thanks for stopping by @StoneOtter

I can't get a way from an occasional visitor when I grow in soil.
So I hit them hard early.

I was checking out your current breeding project. I was going to try it this grow, but I thing I will do some more reading before I go there. I have plenty of seeds. I just want to preserve certain genetics that are no longer available.
Even though it's just for fun, I'll be happy when I get it to work once! I'm optimistic this run!

Short update.

I am have a few people over this weekend; it was suppose to be an outdoor event, for my sons 29th B-day, but rain looks imminent. Nothing special just a gathering between holidays.

Anyways, all the girls are doing great spreading their stuff. Did some training and the Apple Betty and Mango Mousse. I will need to keep an eye on Apple Betty, she wants the whole tent to herself. The @ViparSpectra KS5000 has done an excellent job with this grow, and really shows of the advantages of superior chips. I think the Samsung "H" chip is what puts the KS5000 above other comparable LED lights. Like the saying goes;, "The proof is in the pudding". Until you try them you won't know.

The @Prescription Blend nutrient have been working out real well in the 4 SIP containers, very green and lushes. I am using @GeoFlora Nutrients in my Strawberry Frog and she has responded very well spreading her happiness as far as she can.

Herbies Desert Mix Pack

Apple Betty growing her in a controlled area is like playing with fire, Even thought she is less than a week of 12/12 she want to take over the tent. I think she would be an excellent candidate the put under a scrog net, maybe future project. Branching structure is thin and easy to manipulate for training.

Banana Pudding is doing well and is about the same size as Strawberry Frog. There is not much I can do for training currently because the branch nodes are still pretty close to each other, waiting for the stretch.

Mango Mousse is right behind AB and has had a little training. The branching structure is a lot different than AB in the it is much thicker and a little more difficult training

Private Breeders

Strawberry Frog is the only one I have in a @GeoPot and soil with @GeoFlora Nutrients in this tent. She has been a pleasure to grow, very easy. She make not be the biggest in the tent, but she not far behind. This is another one with the branching nodes are fairly close, so training has started yet.

The New x Pineapple Skunk is in a SIP and doing very well. She is really starting to show her Indica side now. Typical Indica branching system. At day 21 when I do my cleanup I will put forth some training, on the three ladies in waiting.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Wow, these updates come around fast, when your not looking. :yahoo:

All the ladies are doing great, and it looks light the stretching period is about to start this is were the @ViparSpectra KS5000 shines and shines brightly. The KS5000 is currently on 100% at a height of 14 to 20 inches above the canopy.

The next couple week will show a dramatic change in the appearance of the tent. All the SIP growers will be fed @Prescription Blend (week 2 of flower) and the soil grow will get @GeoFlora Nutrients first treatment of bloom. This is about the point where the show starts to pickup.

Desert Mix Pack

Apple Betty has started her stretch, so this is where the training comes in to control the growth of a aggressively growing plant

Banana Pudding is not far behind the other two in the @Herbies Seeds Desert pack. not as tall as the other two but catching up fast.

Mango Mousse is not taking a back seat to anyone, and she is close to taking over the Apple Betty in height. Needless to say training is about to become a big part of this grow.

Private Breeders

Strawberry Frog is coming along nicely and is the only one in this tent getting @GeoFlora Nutrients and she has been responding very well. She is close to the same size as the Banana Pudding, but I would give the Banana Pudding the edge.

The New x Pineapple Skunk is a UK breeders strain that I acquired about 6 or 7 years ago. It has never been for sale, so it is a surprise package. In that, I have no information about growing this strain, if it needs or wants some thing special. So growing strains from private grower can be like a Jack in the Box, you never know what's going to pop up.
The easy thing is it is growing like a 100 % Indica.

That's all folk's,
Feel free to ask any questions.

Tok..

edit: Just realized that I did not give @Herbies Seeds their do credit. I apologize for that, because your Desert Pack is a power house of genetics and I would recommend it to everyone to try, and be surprised by the results.

Back
Top Bottom