Herbies Desserts to Sweeten Your Day @ Otters

If you oveuse MG , it totally locks out CA which is an essential element and you want your CA supplies up prior to flowering ,CA is an immobile element ✌️
So say when you prune the last time before flowers where are you going to get CA from? Can't get it from somewhere else in the plant because its immobile and if its locked out because of oveuse of MG or ph is wrong there's no place to get it from and CA is responsible for building cell walls which will directly effect your yeilds that's why i think MG is the bully✌️

Calcium helps your marijuana plant have healthy and strong cell walls, stems, branches, and stalks. It also helps out with root hair growth and root system development. If your weed plants have calcium deficiency, your plant won’t be able to absorb potassium properly, either. Calcium also helps your plants handle stress factors, such another reason why I think that

If you oveuse MG , it totally locks out CA which is an essential element and you want your CA supplies up prior to flowering ,CA is an immobile element ✌️
I gotcha . I've had issues for a while and started treating the mag def look with epsom salts. That worked but it didn't hit the bullseye. I think my fix will end up proper calcium and me not forcing light so much.
Calcium helps your marijuana plant have healthy and strong cell walls, stems, branches, and stalks. It also helps out with root hair growth and root system development. If your weed plants have calcium deficiency, your plant won’t be able to absorb potassium properly, either. Calcium also helps your plants handle stress factors, such another reason why I think that
We need to elementally just get along! :thumb:
Good to hear you got the last for the summer grow up , Relief ! :hug:
Came close to clone town! I shudder to think!

I use Epsom salt for MG but usually i get enough out of the compost, as for CA i like to use Gypsum it not only provides CA over extended periods but it aerates your soil just what I use✌️
My soil is The Rev's mix. It has almost every conceivable source. Balance is the key. No epsom though it's a great source. I haven't cooked any of his new recipe, it's very different.

Weirdly-timed frost gets you just as high! :thumb:
Right!? True. I thought it was funny they all got together and showed in 24 hours. I'll take it!

I usually pollinate on day 21 after flip, that was Mothers Day, then I forgot the next so day 34 was the day this grow. I hope my pollen I collected last fall from outdoor Cherries DubeLee is good and viable! Last night was the night!

@Herbies Seeds Dessert tent pollinated. 5/14/24

SEED MAKING UPDATE

Good day folks! So I dusted one smallish bud each plant last night with some pollen I had around. It might be ok but we'll see? It's from last fall and has been in the freezer since.

Anyway, it's an exciting day when it happens! I put a mask on so my breath doesn't blow it around. Shut all and off in the area for a while and bag the buds while I wait for the air to settle. Wj=hen bagged I water spray all the rest of the buds well!

Take off a bag carefully and open the jar, insert the smallest art paintbrush I have and collect some pollen to carefully bring to the target bud and paint pistils. I normally do it on day 21 after flip. Replace the bag carefully so as not to make pollen fly. Repeat on the rest. Then a respray over the whole tent for any pollen that got away. I'll keep the bags on for 24 to 48 hours. That usually means about 36 when it's time for that morning check. Usually I'll find brownish pistils. That means the pollen did its job!

All done a half hour before lights off. I have to remember all the fans and de and humidifiers and things before I'm done!

The process isn't one I can't share pictorially but you get it I hope. Ask away if I missed something.

Edit: One last thing I forgot. When I take the bags off I have the water sprayer in one hand and spray away on the pollinated bud and the bag as it happens. So far I've had good luck keeping the rest clear of seeds this way.

Highya SO,

Nice work on the pollination! Great explanation. Those ladies have major biomass. A lot of green!! I hope it works out for you. It usually does, so you should be good! Great job! Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom