Auto Failed

Mrmetfan

I germinated my auto seeds in a paper towel. It was a success. Than I put germinated seeds into their DRY finishing pot/soil. I didn't pre water the soil. Than I took a plastic cup of distilled water and put a full cup of water into each pot in the center where the seed was planted. Its been 3 days and nothing has emerged from the soil yet. Total of 6 pots. Is their a chance they'll still come up? Or did I kill them. I mist the top with spray once a day and put some led lighting over it this morning. Is this typical to wait this wrong? Maybe when I watered the seed got pushed down to deep. I should have wet the soil before hand. Am I expecting things to soon? Please help I'm a newb in panic mode

Re: auto fail :(

HI Mrmetfan, you may very well have pushed the seeds down a bit when you did the water that way. I would give it some more time for sure. Don't give up on them. ;-) The deeper they are the longer it will take for them to break the top. Hopefully when you watered it didn't turn the seeds upside down. The taproot should be pointing down when it is planted.
You are right that you should have wet the soil first, so you have learned something for future planting. :thumb:
Don't give up, give it some time. ;)
Also, do the pots have good drainage? I don't think you need to mist the top everyday with the amount of water they have had, unless it appears they are completely dried out.

HI Mrmetfan, you may very well have pushed the seeds down a bit when you did the water that way. I would give it some more time for sure. Don't give up on them. ;-) The deeper they are the longer it will take for them to break the top. Hopefully when you watered it didn't turn the seeds upside down. The taproot should be pointing down when it is planted.
You are right that you should have wet the soil first, so you have learned something for future planting. :thumb:
Don't give up, give it some time. ;)
Also, do the pots have good drainage? I don't think you need to mist the top everyday with the amount of water they have had, unless it appears they are completely dried out.

How many days before I throw in the towel?

How many days before I throw in the towel?
That is a variable that I really can't answer. It depends on so many things, the length of the taproot when planted...how deep that seed is...etc.
If it were me, I would give it a few days. Others may have more to say on that.
I am just one that won't give up on a seed. LOL

Update! !!!!!! I went digging and found this a couple inches down. All 5 look like this
20140129_115600.jpg

I'm a newb is this a good sign?

Also I'm in a basement so I'm leaving my tent open with no fan on to keep them warm. Are they gonna make it after all? I can't wait to check when I get home tonihht

Back
Top Bottom