Auto Fem Seed Breeding By A Newbie: Pink Kush CBD & Blackberry Kush

Modest Grower

Hola my fellow growers. The purple and pink kush breeding journal is now underway.

The pink kush is from seedsman and is their pink kush cbd 30:1.

The BlackBerry Kush is from Dutch passion.

I have 8 plants going so far (all 8 seeds germin nated) but 2 are struggling likely due to lack of drainage.

I'm going to start spraying the plants with GA3 as mixed per @The Celt. I just need to remember distilled water tomorrow.

Here they are!

20200330_215826.jpg
20200330_215949.jpg

I crossed Pink Kush CBD Auto with a few strains my last grow

Running Pink Kush CBD x ATF now

Love the smell of her, kinda fluffy buds, but smells amazing

I started spraying my GA3 mixture onto the plants yesterday. Today was day two. I tried to mix 8mgs of GA3 into 10ml of isopropyl alcohol and then that into 500ml of distilled water. I forgot to use distilled water and my scale is pretty cheap. I know the concentration is very important so my fingers are crossed.

The pink kush are showing some really nice color and one of the BlackBerry kush is showing some serious trichomes already.

Distilled water is not highly important, just makes for a more accurate ppm, the important thing is to stay below 200ppm and just spray once a day for 5 days and then flip. The sprayed branches are going to stretch madly.

Thanks for the response. How long after you stop spraying will you notice the stretch or pollen sacks form? I am trying this on autos that are in preflower so I know it is a bit different but I am trying to gauge how long it will be before I will see response if it took. Thanks again!

Just spray the 5 days prior to flip, the stretch will start in a few days. The sprayed limbs/plants will stretch twice as much as the untreated. Pollen sacs will appear in 2 to 4 weeks, be patient, if they stretch, it’s working and spraying more will actually slow their development, not speed it up. More it not better with this stuff, I tried lol lesson learned ;)

Just spray the 5 days prior to flip, the stretch will start in a few days. The sprayed limbs/plants will stretch twice as much as the untreated. Pollen sacs will appear in 2 to 4 weeks, be patient, if they stretch, it’s working and spraying more will actually slow their development, not speed it up. More it not better with this stuff, I tried lol lesson learned ;)

Thanks again for the info! I really do appreciate it. I will be patient now as yesterday was day 5. To be honest I sprayed pretty much all of the limbs and every plant. Any thoughts on if I'm good to smoke any of the final bud? I'm just not aware if there is any health concern with the spray?

Pretty sure it's a No on smoking any sprayed parts of the plant

Pretty much what everyone says about it
Hehehe thanks! I kind of assumed that much but the dumb in me is like buuuut maybe? I'll stay clear and just go for seeds as planned really. Thanks!

Thanks again for the info! I really do appreciate it. I will be patient now as yesterday was day 5. To be honest I sprayed pretty much all of the limbs and every plant. Any thoughts on if I'm good to smoke any of the final bud? I'm just not aware if there is any health concern with the spray?

Actually Modest, you could smoke any seedless bud. That’s one of the nice things about using GA3, it’s a plant hormone that occurs naturally in plants so has no ill effects. Eating the powder might hurt you due to being pure but in the concentrations we use, you will be fine.

It is ”generally recognized as safe” (GRAS) and is used quite extensively in the crops we eat. It is used in malting barley for beer making and if you have ever eaten seedless grapes, they were produced with GA3.

The reason it is claimed not to smoke bud sprayed with silver nitrate or silver thiosulfate is due to the silver being inhaled. Not sure how toxic silver actually is, people drink silver nitrate, but high levels can cause your skin to have a bluish cast to it. That is where the term “blue bloods” came from, royals using silver dish ware.

As for what to due with the left over bud, after extracting the seed, I made oil out of the last round and used it for edibles.

Hope that clears things up a bit guys.

It might just be genetics but the Pink Kush in the middle in the back row does seem to be stretching quite a bit. I sprayed all of the plants so I can't compare sprayed vs not sprayed but that plant is stretching quite a bit compare to the last run under the same light at a similar distance. Then again I did a lot of training last run. Either way, interesting to watch now for me.
20200408_213546.jpg

Happy Friday! No bananas yet but plenty of purple! Plants aren't the healthiest in general but, I sprayed them with the mixture a bunch, they are in 1 gallon pots, and to be honest I have been slacking a bit. Hoping to step it up though. Have a great weekend. Edit: check out the purple @GardeningGnome
20200417_184516_001.jpg
20200417_184538.jpg

Back
Top Bottom