Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

So let's give it a go. I've grown many times with success however this is my first go with autos I snagged some Tangerine Dream
I know autos are super sensitive to nutes compared to regular plants, I know the basics etc. Can anybody give me some tips on a couple of things?
Should I use a nutrient free/low trace nute soil? What are your recommendations?
What type of Ferts should I use and how frequently? I presume using 1/3 of recommended amount.
But that second questions depends on the soil I'd be using because I do not want to overkill the plants with too many nutes.

Thanks guys hope to hear from some of you.
I'm doing my first grow of autos (standard strains going back to the early 80's) and although mine are hydro, I'm giving usual strength nutes. They love it. One of them is Tangerine Dream and about a month from harvest. You can see the results in my journal.

Cheers from the darkside

I'm doing my first grow of autos (standard strains going back to the early 80's) and although mine are hydro, I'm giving usual strength nutes. They love it. One of them is Tangerine Dream and about a month from harvest. You can see the results in my journal.

Cheers from the darkside

Awesome grow man. Never done hydro always soil so I wonder if it makes a difference as far as external nutes
Opposed to nutes gained from soil.

Any experienced auto growers with soil out there? I also have some Fem Durban Poison beans but
I wanted to get a couple of autos out of the way because I’m also growing a nice Girl Scout Cookies Crop.

:Namaste:
I've been doing autos only. Now, for a year. :loopy: Not very long.
I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest.
Though, it is considered hot I think, on the nutes side.
I did a small dwc setup with a Tangerine Dream auto.
I hurt it with over fertilizing and ph issues. Which stunted her growth.
I ended up with maybe an ounce, which I am almost out of.:lot-o-toke:

If I had to do it over. A 3 gallon soft pot with ocean forest, would be how. Since it is what I am comfortable with. :laughtwo:
It has enough already in, it to keep them going for few weeks on water alone.
I tried to reuse soil after a healthy flush, and it stunted growth. :bitingnails:
So I tend to use new always. Which is expensive..:yikes:
I hear Coco is the best with the right nutrients, as long as you keep to the feeding schedule.
I've been wanting to try it myself.
This was the top of her main cola. :love:
SAM_19742.JPG

I know this may not have answered your question fully.
There are alot of way more experienced members.
Poking in here Journals in Progress and finding the hot journals is a great way to get fast answers.

:Namaste:
I've been doing autos only. Now, for a year. :loopy: Not very long.
I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest.
Though, it is considered hot I think, on the nutes side.
I did a small dwc setup with a Tangerine Dream auto.
I hurt it with over fertilizing and ph issues. Which stunted her growth.
I ended up with maybe an ounce, which I am almost out of.:lot-o-toke:

If I had to do it over. A 3 gallon soft pot with ocean forest, would be how. Since it is what I am comfortable with. :laughtwo:
It has enough already in, it to keep them going for few weeks on water alone.
I tried to reuse soil after a healthy flush, and it stunted growth. :bitingnails:
So I tend to use new always. Which is expensive..:yikes:
I hear Coco is the best with the right nutrients, as long as you keep to the feeding schedule.
I've been wanting to try it myself.
This was the top of her main cola. :love:
SAM_19742.JPG

I know this may not have answered your question fully.
There are alot of way more experienced members.
Poking in here Journals in Progress and finding the hot journals is a great way to get fast answers.

Beautiful cola Phobos!

I hear many people like Fox Farms, many like coco; I prefer hydro because of less variables. But I believe people should try a few different kinds of grows, to see what they like and feel comfortable with. Each has pros and cons.

That said, nutes are nutes; autos appear to use them the same as standard strains. Some varieties need more and others less, and sometimes it's a phenotype issue within the stain. Unless the breeder's notes say otherwise, you should probably follow the directions of the nutes tempered by what the plants tell you.

Back to the darkside

So let's give it a go. I've grown many times with success however this is my first go with autos I snagged some Tangerine Dream
I know autos are super sensitive to nutes compared to regular plants, I know the basics etc. Can anybody give me some tips on a couple of things?
Should I use a nutrient free/low trace nute soil? What are your recommendations?
What type of Ferts should I use and how frequently? I presume using 1/3 of recommended amount.
But that second questions depends on the soil I'd be using because I do not want to overkill the plants with too many nutes.

Hello, I'm a new grower, but when I did autos I used coco+perlite+peat and they went well with only phed water untill 4 weeks old ,when I had to start giving GH trio at half strength once a week (never flushed It untill the last two weeks, And never had to Go Full strength . Actually i'm using the same soiless mix in my new grow, and I'm using GH trio again, nothing bad to say about It.

Phobos that’s sick!! And I hear being almost out of an ounce! Haha
I use fox farm already, with their Fert bottles that’s why the concern for over
Fertilization the seed bank even said to be very careful with over Ferting.
What liquid fertilizers did you use and at when did you switch from veg to
Flower Fert? Or did you just use 1 throughout the grow. Beautiful top though man

Phobos that's sick!! And I hear being almost out of an ounce! Haha
I use fox farm already, with their Fert bottles that's why the concern for over
Fertilization the seed bank even said to be very careful with over Ferting.
What liquid fertilizers did you use and at when did you switch from veg to
Flower Fert? Or did you just use 1 throughout the grow. Beautiful top though man

Cal-Mag is for me, important. Some people just use Epsom salts.
I used the main liquid trio, grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom.
Also used the microbial brew, kelp me kelp you, and wholley mackeral. Those were all mainly for veg.
The tiger bloom was for flowering though.
I did get some of their granules for flowering. The beastie bloom, use in small doses.
They love it but, I burn fan leaves alot with it. As well as some other flowering food that was less hot, a liquid 0-10-10 formula.

Like Greatwolf says though, which is not the first time I've seen the wise ones say it. To the plants, nutes are nutes.
No two plants seem to be the exact same in my garden either. Even if they are...

The water soluble ferts seem so be just as good and cheaper at my local grow store.
Like 10lbs for $10-50, but I'm a closet grower. Bringing that stuff home, sets off alarms for my neighbors.:bitingnails:
I tend to load my bags into a rubbermaid storage bin with a lid at the store.
Keeps my car clean and my nosy neighbors can think it is cat litter. :tokin:

So let’s give it a go. I’ve grown many times with success however this is my first go with autos I snagged some Tangerine Dream ��
But that second questions depends on the soil I’d be using because I do not want to overkill the plants with too many nutes.

I'm not very experienced, so take that into account, but I'll tell you what is working for me. I tried auto-flowering in 50%, 75ish%, and 100% coco, with the rest being fertilized topsoil. The 100% coco is way outperforming the others. I'm using a diluted Jack's 3-2-1 mixture for both veg and flower: super cheap, and seems super effective. Read some on topping autoflowers, and DEFINITELY top yours; it makes a huge difference. See my signature link for my grow journal, it will give you a detailed overview of what I did and what worked/what didn't. Besides topping, I also super-cropped my plants (somewhat over-aggressively, hehe).

hey guys just started up my dwc bucket and i put a gorilla glue auto but once it popped above the rockwool cube it is growing two plants but i didnt top it yet obviously lmao and i only put one seed in this is so weird has any1 else ever seen this or heard of it but here she is atleast i hope its a girl lmao

20180124_001136.jpg
20180124_001228.jpg
20180124_150223.jpg

hey guys just started up my dwc bucket and i put a gorilla glue auto but once it popped above the rockwool cube it is growing two plants but i didnt top it yet obviously lmao and i only put one seed in this is so weird has any1 else ever seen this or heard of it but here she is atleast i hope its a girl lmao

20180124_001136.jpg
20180124_001228.jpg
20180124_150223.jpg

Wooow! A polyembrionic seed, AND one of them is whorled phyllotaxy phenotype!

I am blown away by this forum!:trance:
I have seen most of the cannabis mutations posted lately. :high-five:
I even watched a video on them earlier today. :nomo:

Polyembryonic seeds, leaf buds, polyploidism, and even variegation are all floating around. :popcorn:

All we are missing are creeper, and ducksfoot. :wood:

Wooow! A polyembrionic seed, AND one of them is whorled phyllotaxy phenotype!

I am blown away by this forum!:trance:
I have seen most of the cannabis mutations posted lately. :high-five:
I even watched a video on them earlier today. :nomo:

Polyembryonic seeds, leaf buds, polyploidism, and even variegation are all floating around. :popcorn:

All we are missing are whorled phyllotaxy, creeper, and ducksfoot. :wood:
So what one is it that I got with my gorilla glue lol

20180124_001136.jpg
20180124_001228.jpg
20180124_150223.jpg

And one is a trileaf! That's awesome! I have a twin plant growing right now but it didn't start out as strong as yours so it's basically like an extra branch.

Hi DA (may I call you that?), glad to see your reply. I've read many of your posts and your journals. VERY impressive yields.

I apologize for not being more clear in the post you quoted. What I meant by 'flowering specs', just as in the topping post above, was timelines, not yields. And this is in regards to some who have posted in the auto threads complaining about breeders exaggerating how many weeks to grow an auto when they are topping/LST or both.

Your grow, correct me if I am wrong, was of two varieties that the breeder(s) claim 7 and 8 weeks, respectively, if I remember correctly. And if memory serves me correct, which it occasionally does, you harvested 1 of 4 after just over 9 weeks and the other at about 12 weeks. But you were rewarded with a magnificent yield by trading time for yield. I never meant to imply that this could not be done.

[Yes, your grow is that memorable that the numbers stuck with me. Plus I'm very good with numbers.]

I could be wrong. Perhaps someone has topped/LST and harvested within the breeders flowering timeline. If so, I can admit it. But from what I know of growing and my own experience, I doubt it. Because when we screw with hormone production it delays things, just like any plant or animal.

Back to the darkside
Can I top these incredible bulk Autos? Sounds like I've had bad info....had heard not suitable for topping...not had any experience of topping or lst, any advice on these?
eb88df437689b9b68e612b406e9f23e4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom