Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

So, just making sure I'm following correctly. These seeds are worthless. Damn it!!

Hey, but what about the plant with pistils & no sac? What's up with that? Thanks for the schooling you guys:thumb:

You say that you got the seeds from an Early Miss and a NY Diesel, but did you separate the seeds from both plants or mix them together? I would say that only one of them produced pollen, but it pollinated itself and the other. If that is the case, then only the plant that pollinated itself will produce hermies and the other will produce feminised seeds.

So, just making sure I'm following correctly. These seeds are worthless. Damn it!!

Hey, but what about the plant with pistils & no sac? What's up with that? Thanks for the schooling you guys:thumb:
I don't think they are worthless, as far as i know, you can still use the plants with no sacs, the only thing i think you shouldn't do IS reproducing them.

You say that you got the seeds from an Early Miss and a NY Diesel, but did you separate the seeds from both plants or mix them together? I would say that only one of them produced pollen, but it pollinated itself and the other. If that is the case, then only the plant that pollinated itself will produce hermies and the other will produce feminised seeds.

may !

Lol, are you sure about them producing fem seeds? I think they would have a chance of producing Fem seeds And a chance of producing hermie seeds.

Hey pt. How's it going bro? How's your grow? I haven't gotten any notifications in email. What strain did you pick? Can u advise on my question?

hey hey

the one that shows no signs of male sacs i would keep ... the one that produce sacs i would kill completely to risky to miss a sac or some nanners tucked away out of sight ...

a self pollinated seed isnt by defenition a bad seed ... i want to differentiate between stress hermie seeds and true (spontanious aka genetic induced) hermie seeds ...

know that some strains are prone to produce nanners when waiting to long to harvest ... they can crosspollinate and those seeds should by my belief be 100% ok ... selfpollination is unlikely as the flowers are usually past fertility phase and the seeds will be underdeveloped at best ...

Sorry for the confusion. I had buds separated in jars, and I couldn't tell you which buds these came from. Wish I would have thought about it, & payed attn at the time I was just excited to find seeds here & there. They were all from different buds, just don't know which one or some of each.

Just fer kicks, here's a pic of the opposite side of the plant in question.
IMG_90263.JPG

hey hey

the one that shows no signs of male sacs i would keep ... the one that produce sacs i would kill completely to risky to miss a sac or some nanners tucked away out of sight ...

a self pollinated seed isnt by defenition a bad seed ... i want to differentiate between stress hermie seeds and true (spontanious aka genetic induced) hermie seeds ...

know that some strains are prone to produce nanners when waiting to long to harvest ... they can crosspollinate and those seeds should by my belief be 100% ok ... selfpollination is unlikely as the flowers are usually past fertility phase and the seeds will be underdeveloped at best ...

I harvested 2+ weeks early. Buds were airy, light and a lot had what I think to be underdeveloped seeds. Not sure those.

And fyi , I found this nugget bout two types of hermie that I think you were talking about.
"It is important to distinguish between a real hermaphrodite and a monoecious hermaphrodite.
A real hermaphrodite will have both an X and a Y chromosome. Real hermaphrodites are uncommon, especially from good seedbanks.
Monoecious hermaphrodites are much more common.

Monoecious hermaphrodites are often the result of poor environment as opposed to genetics.
Many growers over feed which is for some varieties enough to make a female plant produce male flowers. Heat is also a very common cause of stress. This is how the "feminized seeds make hermies" myth began.

The resulting seeds from a monoecious hermaphrodite are certainly not useless. They are feminized seeds that are as likely to become monoecious hermaphrodites in the same conditions the parents did.

When a female plant (XX) produces male flowers, it is a normal and natural survival mechanism. The pollen only has X chromosomes, so it can not produce male plants.

Properly made feminized seeds make 99.999999999% female plants. That, along with the latest findings on cannabis sex determination, lead me to believe that a plant's sex is determined in the seed."

Lol, are you sure about them producing fem seeds? I think they would have a chance of producing Fem seeds And a chance of producing hermie seeds.

It's very common for growers to artificially induce hermaphroditism on one branch and use that pollen to pollinate a different plant. This is one way feminised seeds are created.

It's very common for growers to artificially induce hermaphroditism on one branch and use that pollen to pollinate a different plant. This is one way feminised seeds are created.
Thank you sir!!

Yep, i moved this week tô my New home, and i Will induce pólen sacs with colloidal silver using my lowryders. I plan to polinizate another Fem And get tem seeds, but the process using colloidal silver does not mutate os changes the plants genétics, It only inhibits the female hormone making It produce pólen sacs.

Hey guys! I think I'm just a few weeks into flower, but she didn't stretch so I don't know how long she's been flowering.

420-magazine-mobile1633713499.jpg

I'm hoping someone with more experience might have a guess at where I'm at.

Hey guys! I think I'm just a few weeks into flower, but she didn't stretch so I don't know how long she's been flowering.

420-magazine-mobile1633713499.jpg

I'm hoping someone with more experience might have a guess at where I'm at.

If you've taken pics along the way, check em & look for when u first saw pistils. That's what I do. I think most phones show the date of pics. Just a thought. Good luck. Looks great to me btw. :thumb:

If you've taken pics along the way, check em & look for when u first saw pistils. That's what I do. I think most phones show the date of pics. Just a thought. Good luck. Looks great to me btw. :thumb:
Can't believe I didn't think to look at my photos lol. Thanks, she is 2.5 weeks into flower. She's extremely stunted but her buds look great.

Back
Top Bottom