Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

Does the round leaves count as a Node as well?
That's mine now but all of mine are different as I do pheno or photo ATM but moving on to autos next but I'm can say I'm 90% sure the topping methods will be the same is it's still the same plant
420-magazine-mobile1103391983.jpg

The general consensus seems to be to top between fourth and sixth node however, with my current clones (photo period), I topped some of them at the second node and this had some rather surprising consequences. With most of them growth at the first node was accelerated before it began at the second node resulting in equal size of all growing shoots once the second node growth kicked in. The end result of this was that they looked and behaved as if I had topped and then topped again.

One of them, however, behaved exactly like a revegged flower with single frond leaves and a crazy number of branches emerging resulting in a very bushy plant.

In my last grow, one of the seedlings started growing normally until the second node but without a growing tip and did the only thing it could to survive and growth started at the first node. In effect, it topped itself and, even though there was very little leaf growth for photosynthesis, growth was not retarded at all and it kept pace with the other seedlings and finally out produced the others which were not topped yielding 25% more bud weight after harvest.

I'm not suggesting everyone start topping at the second node, but just wanted to put this out there.

What is your opinion on "extreme" defoliation of autos?

My girls are on day 34 on the picture,

They are quite bushy, especially the left one. I want to do something on the pictures below, to uncover more buds to direct light. Any tips on how or when, or even if you think it's not optimal please say so, all comments are welcome.

Holy crap that's a lot of defoliation. And here I am afraid to take out a single under leaf on my first LST!

What's up Ohio!!! Steelers gonna be sick this year. Can't believe training camp is round corner. What's good in your world bro? I've found 7 seeds total out of about 2 1/2 ozs of my first harvest. Haven't checked the rest yet. I thought my meds sucked, cause I got to smoke a fat joint to feel anything. Then, I had some Yager left over & tried it. It used to mash me before....now nada. Time to take couple days off.

Anyways, good to see ya here again. I'll be lurking. I put 6 of those seeds in water. 5 sprouted. One I just threw in the yard. The last one I'm holding onto a bit to see if these 5 make it. They sprouted above ground 4 full days ago, and two I'm having issues with. All are stretching too much & too spindly, but they're outside since germ. Hot as hell in fl. Any advice for auto outdoor in this heat. Peace man

I've grown outdoors in 100+ temps with no problems other than needing more water lol. Come check out my journal this most recent grow starts on page 47? I think lol somewhere around there

I do not plan on switching the lights back to 20/4 at all. Im at 12/12 and that's where it will now stay. I had a feeling after week 7 went by that something was up.

The other plant is an auto and has done well under 20/4 but time to get the ball moving. She is really taking up most of my grow room now and the other is a couple weeks from harvest. Figure I do this now so when King Tut is cut down she will have the room to herself to flower and stretch as she pleases.

And if she is not an auto then hopefully I will end up with a decent yield

Just did the math in my head..with 8 weeks flowering we are looking at 5 months from start to finish.

20-4 is best I thought you said you were on 24-0. Autos don't need light change to induce flowering so run them at 20-4 (that's 20 on and 4 off) you can also start her on flower nutes to help her switch over have you tried that yet? #global420

Any outdoor Florida growers here??
IMG_86373.JPG
IMG_86367.JPG
IMG_86347.JPG
IMG_86315.JPG
IMG_86325.JPG
IMG_86335.JPG

There are actually only 5, one of these girls I took two pics of.......so these are 5 day from sprout above soil. I only have confidence in two of them, as three have fallen over twice, but revived or propped up by soil, so I'm not expecting them to make it. These are from an early miss / NYCd auto grow I harvested in mid April. Has anyone ever started an auto in fl summer before?

I'm in fl for years now and yep I have the heat didn't hurt the grow but the bugs will and if they don't the mold will from such high humidity. I never grew indoors until after I lost my first entire grow to mold AFTER spending hours and energy and cash trying to kill all the bugs. Never again I bought my first light after that and haven't looked back. #global420

hello everyone ... i am getting a precarious situation with my purple kush auto ... she has been stretching for almost two weeks now and the last weeks she grows a rato of 3 inch per day before it was a week at 2 inch a day ... she is at 41 inch atm and i allready had to angle my light and put the plant in a corner ... if she keeps this up she will hit the ceiling in a few days ... 12 - 16 inches left ...

420-magazine-mobile923416281.jpg

my question .. can i risk supercropping her in this early flower stage ?? or will that hurt the yield hard ?

Bro you need to super crop her asap

20-4 is best I thought you said you were on 24-0. Autos don't need light change to induce flowering so run them at 20-4 (that's 20 on and 4 off) you can also start her on flower nutes to help her switch over have you tried that yet? #global420
Well too late now..she is on 12/12 and rather not switch it again risking anything.

20/4 Is what it was..i have also introduced nutrients at the start of week 4. Using A.N. Micro Bloom Grow.

Still no signs of anything sex related for this plant. Been told by a few others it seems I habe a photoperiod and not autoflower...not sure how thry can tell.

Here is the latest shot of her..or whatever it is lol

420-magazine-mobile1335873606.jpg

That's an awful lot of plant for an autoflower going on week 12 from seed and no signs of sex or flowering. I just hope she gives me a good yield.

420-magazine-mobile965832937.jpg

She's a beast they think that because it ain't gone into flower like most autos do if the 12/12 don't work to induce flowering, I also heard about super autos recently I don't know out about them but may be worth a read incase it's that

She's a beast they think that because it ain't gone into flower like most autos do if the 12/12 don't work to induce flowering, I also heard about super autos recently I don't know out about them but may be worth a read incase it's that
Well thank you for your input Robbo I will do a search on this "super auto" and see if it's close to what I have going on. My plant is very healthy and strong and loves the light..less than 24 hours after each LST she is stretched and pointing back up...just needs some tender loving kicks in the ass to get going..im very patient in waiting..more yield for me..i hope, would just be nice to know what's happening or what I have..i just don't like not knowing what's happening with my plant
Well too late now..she is on 12/12 and rather not switch it again risking anything.

20/4 Is what it was..i have also introduced nutrients at the start of week 4. Using A.N. Micro Bloom Grow.

Still no signs of anything sex related for this plant. Been told by a few others it seems I habe a photoperiod and not autoflower...not sure how thry can tell.

Here is the latest shot of her..or whatever it is lol

420-magazine-mobile1335873606.jpg

That's an awful lot of plant for an autoflower going on week 12 from seed and no signs of sex or flowering. I just hope she gives me a good yield.

420-magazine-mobile965832937.jpg

Well thank you for your input Robbo I will do a search on this "super auto" and see if it's close to what I have going on. My plant is very healthy and strong and loves the light..less than 24 hours after each LST she is stretched and pointing back up...just needs some tender loving kicks in the ass to get going..im very patient in waiting..more yield for me..i hope, would just be nice to know what's happening or what I have..i just don't like not knowing what's happening with my plant

No problem mate yeah I could imagine it being frustrating but like you say the more she grows ATM the better the yield should be (hopefully) keep us posted as we can all learn then :)

Back
Top Bottom