Auto Topping LED Grow

and it didnt get much bigger lol
omg did that bud actually form? Looks like she was budding right from the start. LOL

Thanks for the kind words. My girl has been through sooooooooooo much, but we learned so much as well. I had this great idea to use a 95 liter marine cooler for the DWC but did not realize that the polystyrene top would be penetrated by the 180 watts, at the plug, of P300 LED shining down on it. So it had this massive algae bloom and I had to cut off over 50% of her roots to save her. Then I added a Galaxyhydro LED panel that in one 24 hour period burned her topside. It was crazy and I almost tossed her then. For reference this strain is so sensitive that I have not been able to get her over 450 ppm on advanced nutrients during the entire span of her life. I then replaced that LED panel with a second P300 giving her 360 watts at the plug of LED goodness with no further issues. The GH panel is now 30 inches above a photo plant with no problems. So I cut off her bottom, burned her top, and yet she still has some nice buds in addition to the one branch that is producing pollen. Proof that even an idiot can grow with the right precautions. :laughtwo:

The polystyrene top is now wrapped in reflective tape and ready for the next run. My hopes for the 95 liter marine cooler is that water temps and pH stabilize over using 11 liters in a non insulated bucket.

in this game its live and learn trail and error ,

that little runt give enough for one hard whacking pipe lol
I agree, as long as we learn and grow. This was my first attempt at an auto in DWC and my only other grow was 4 photo clones in DWC which was okay but with Technaflora nutes. So I am the definition of noob. LOL
I killed several auto seeds trying to go from germination to hydro LED in one shot, which I now do not recommend. I have two beautiful babies in hydro under my T5s which are doing nicely. One Heavyweight Fast & Vast and Massive Midget. As soon as they start their second set of true leaves they are going under the LEDs at the maximum height I can do in my 1x1x1.5 meter tent.

Sorry thebeast27 if I hijacked the thread for a few posts.

Those xtreme ladies are beautiful Beast. :clap: Subbed up. Would you be so kind as to give a little rundown of your nute watering schedule? I saw that you started using the Big Bud along and Overdrive along with the Sensi A&B and Cal Mag. Just curious when and how much. I'm thinking I might try a similar set up to see if I can get even half what you have. :thanks:

And nutty ha ha quality i remember that bean like it was yesterday;) u live and learn mate as u say.never let the plant defeat u no matter how hard or how bad things go.as u learn so much from ur own mistakes;)

Happy welcome and thanks so much.its my first time using the advanced nutrients calmag xtra, b52, voodoo juice, big bud and overdrive.defo see a diffrence and plants seem to be enjoying it;) but iv always used sensi grow and bloom as my base nutes since i first started learning to grow;).when i get home il explain exactly how i feed mate but my soil is also key to the results i get for sure.il be back soon with info.happy growing every1;)

Golfer welcome my friend ltnc.been a long while glad ur doing good my friend ;) and topping autos good lad sure u gna like the results;) keep it green mate;)

So here is my feeding methods all my own findings no following of charts just own findings along the way of my growing journey of my own trail and errors;).i might add that im proud at the fact i can grow any plant from start to finish in petfect health to its full potential;)but my soil and feed make that possible.i dont own a ph pen or metre never have il explain why;) here goes lol. My soil i use is biobizz lightmix designed to grow for cannabis and to buffer to ph perfect.i also use advanced nutes sensi grow ph perfect and bloom part a and b.also first time using the xtras and the calmag;). All my my plants get no feed until around week 4 to 5 of life.so my autos are lucky to get 2 vwg feeds then onto bloom.i feed once a week in veg at 2ml of a and 2ml b per litre of grow feed.then i wait until stretch has finished then hit with 3ml of a and 3ml of b bloom feed per litre.and feed twice a week in bloom till flush;).always 3 days of water between feeds;) first time using voodoo and b25 but mainly for the beginning of flower.i gave 2ml of each per litre mixed it in with the feed once a week for first 3 weeks of flower.then back to base nutes.then at week 6 of flower hit with bit bud at 2ml per litre once a week.keep giving bigbud until.week 8 then switch to overdrive at week 8'till 10 at 2ml per litre once a week.then flush;) oviously ul have to play around abit depending on strain. But working great for me;) hope this helps.happy growing every1;)

P1080187.JPG
P1080194.JPG
P1080208.JPG

I have something similar happening now. I have a girl just starting to push up here 5th stage. She has had pre flowers since 3rd stage. I didn't think I could get away with topping so I let it go.

I think I may pull it and start over.

Beast, thanks for the feeding explanation. I called AN and they told me to feed with every watering starting at 10 days old. I am not happy with the look of the plants, I think they are over fed. I have 2 running but I think it is not worth it to finish them, I would be better off starting again.

Schtiggy best of luck mate. And i dont see how feeding a plant every watering is healthy.its not natural. But some people do it with great results. Each to their own lol.il stick with my own feeding methods;)

Morningwood a BIG thanks to u mate.appreciate the reps and when i clicked it took me back to some mad but good memories. U have been following me for some time now.a true follower mate. Full respect nice1 brother;) :)

Schtiggy u got any pics u might not need to start fresh? Are u using sensi grow.or the grow micro bloom.combo lol also what soil do u use?;)

Hi Beast, I will try to get a pic up before too long. I am using ProMix HP (very light..no nutes in it) I am using the Sensi Ph perfect A&B.
I have been feeding with every watering since day 10 (they just hit 26). I started with .5ml/L and have been increasing to about .75ml/L. They are VERY small for their age.

Schtiggy u defo shouldnt need to feed every watering it tells u on the containers to give once a week.u should try feeding once a week in veg at 2ml of a and b grow per 1 litre of water.work upto 3ml.that is plenty for a week mate.all the best mate good luck;)

If I followed AD's calculator for sensi grow/bloom my girls would be dead. Heck I found one strain I could not ever take above 400 ppm per liter at any stage of growth and that is a little below 1ml per liter with the additives at hobbiest level. I start seeds with rockwool cubes in hydro with nothing added except some Voodoo for the first two weeks. Amazing amount of lifeforce in those seeds. Then I start adding the Sensi line at 1/16 strength and work my way up. Like you say beast, you have to learn to listen to your plants. I'm still learning to listen.

I can't wait to find a strain that actual can handle full strength Sensi. I'm thinking those super autos I just ordered from Flash for outside might fit that bill.

Back
Top Bottom