Autos Coco & A Wilma System - My Second Grow

Re: Autos Coco & A Wilma System - My Second Grow

I never thought I would be interested in auto flowers but my Blueberry X Northern Light Autos arrived yesterday. They wont grow like the water pot set up will but should be a fun experiment.
Hey Urb! Welcome friend glad you made it.

Minor Update:

Wilma PH has been steadily climbing (which I think is due to the airstone in the res) its not a problem just something to be aware of. I have been adding a little PH down each time it gets up to 6.0 and bringing it back to 5.6 to allow it to climb if need be. It has slowed down today and did not need any more PH down so pretty happy I got it figured out. Its just sitting at 5.8 now .

All 4 seeds had little tap roots coming out this morning so I potted them into the wilma system, light is now on, all thats left to do is hope all 4 make it through the surface .

1 has already been planted before I remembered to take a photo:
420-magazine-mobile2103242589.jpg

The Blue Cheese Auto seed had sank too so I transferred it to damp paper towel with Great White Mycorrhizae on.

Now we wait...going to be a lot of that I think.

Will update again once something happens .

Have a great day all, take care. ✌

Hey Urb! Welcome friend glad you made it.

Minor Update:

Wilma PH has been steadily climbing (which I think is due to the airstone in the res) its not a problem just something to be aware of. I have been adding a little PH down each time it gets up to 6.0 and bringing it back to 5.6 to allow it to climb if need be. It has slowed down today and did not need any more PH down so pretty happy I got it figured out. Its just sitting at 5.8 now .

All 4 seeds had little tap roots coming out this morning so I potted them into the wilma system, light is now on, all thats left to do is hope all 4 make it through the surface .

1 has already been planted before I remembered to take a photo:
420-magazine-mobile2103242589.jpg

The Blue Cheese Auto seed had sank too so I transferred it to damp paper towel with Great White Mycorrhizae on.

Now we wait...going to be a lot of that I think.

Will update again once something happens .

Have a great day all, take care. ✌
If you wanna learn patience grow and harvest a plant from seed.

I have been debating topping them or just using LST to get side branches going. I think I'm just going to wait and see how they look in a couple weeks and decide then what strategy will best suit them. As long as they grow and produce me some nice bud thats the main thing. I'm nervous to fuck with them too much as they're Autos it is out my hands when they flower so if I stunt them I can't just give them more veg time to rectify any issues.

On another note I tipped all the coco out the pots on the Wilma today before it was too late and had plants in. I added a 2" layer of hydroton to the bottom of each pot to help with drainage, then just put the coco back and you wouldn't even know. Didn't bother with a picture as there is nothing to see.

Cheers for stopping in everyone have a great day all

Ok, tiny bit of news.

All four Colorado Cookies have broken the surface of the coco. None are standing up and open yet, but atleast I know all four seeds made it.

This is the furthest along of the four, the others look a couplle hours behind, all in all they have all come through at basically the exact same time which is fantastic news.

420-magazine-mobile1287677563.jpg

Also the Blue Cheese Seed had a tiny tap root coming out so I potted it up and put it into the tent. I added a layer of hydroton to the top and bottom of the pot. Bottom for drainage of course, I added it on top as I will be hand watering this one and it just makes life easier.

420-magazine-mobile1685576786.jpg

The difference in spectrum of my two lights in veg mode is absurb. One looks pink the other is completely blue...weird. In bloom mode they are a little more similar, but still the Viparspectra is a lot more blue. I plan to put them both into full bloom mode in about a week also.

On another quick note, I couldn't resist adding more light and re-rigging all my extraction setup to cope with the increased heat. I have resolved to the fact that I may well need an AC Unit if I want to run the HPS any time other than winter or at anything over 400W. I'm running a 600W Dual Spectrum bulb (random cheap make) through an Exodus Digital Dimmable Ballast and in a cheap dutch barn hood. Currently set to 400W, I have the option to go down to 250W or up to 600W+ to help regulate temps if need be. If it ends up staying at 400W for a while I might grab a 400W flowering specific bulb to throw in.

I have also switched the two LED panels around so the better LED (Advanced Platinum P450) is in the small 2x2 tent on its own over just one plant and the smaller Viparspectra LED is alonside the HPS in the main tent. With the changes my temps are up a little, the main tent is sitting right around 26.4°c - 26.6°c now and the smaller tent at about 25.3°c. These figures may change as conditions have time to settle as I only just changed the lights an hour ago...

Hopefully making these changes so early will lead to a much bigger yield than I previously anticipated.

Here is the main tent now:
420-magazine-mobile388899145.jpg

The Colorado Cookies are all starting to unfold and turn upwards now. Its going to be close, but I think I will count tomorrow as the official Day 1 for them.

Woohoo getting excited now at the prospect of a proper harvest ✨ All together if I have the 2 LEDs in bloom mode and the HPS at 400W it gives me a total of just over 800W actual draw, double what I had without the HPS...

Just did a quick bit of maths and as I understand it, 50W per square foot is about where I should be for growing good bud...

I have a total of 13 square feet, with over 800W that puts me at an average of over 61.5W per square foot so I should be good on light now . As for each tent individually, the main tent has an average of over 61.1W/square foot and the smaller Blue Cheese tent is at 63.75W/square foot. I underestimated slightly on these calculations, I used ~800W total as a base point, my true wattage total for the lights is closer to 830W but this way I can be sure I have enough light.

Well that turned into a long post, take care all have a great day and enjoy the holiday season! Christmas Soon!! ✌✌

Ok tiny update just to say we are now officially on Day 1 with the Colorado Cookies. All four plants are basically identical and all sprouted at the same time.

Here they are:
420-magazine-mobile760321672.jpg

420-magazine-mobile752633627.jpg

420-magazine-mobile805292.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1709112075.jpg

PH and Temps seem stable at 5.9 and 25°c.

Hopefully the Blue cheese will surface later on today/tomorrow.

Take care all have a great day! ✌✌

Im getting tired of shit messing with my grows. I spoke to my landlord when I moved in as I was told they would be replacing all the windows in my house at some point. I wanted to clarify when, so called them and was told it will 100% not be for atleast 2 years, I double and triple checked and they assured me, not for 24 months minimum. Got a knock at my door today, they want to do it just after xmas...in about 3 weeks...just when I'll have a bunch of obviously cannabis plants in the spare room. FML...

Need to come up with a plan for what to do as I refuse to get set back again. I will have to find a way to hide the plants...this will be tricky though as they will likely smell by then and every room in the house has atleast 1 window to be replaced...ah fun times... Anyone got any ideas...right now best I can come up with is to move them into the loft for a few days when they come to do windows. Another problem is that they wont give me an exact date of when they will be here to start... FFS why cant growing just be legal here?!

Edit also putting them outside is not an option...
420-magazine-mobile848810542.jpg

2nd Edit: I think I have a solution. I will have to set up a custom space in the loft for a week or so while the work is being done. It will not be at all ideal as I will not be able to get the Wilma Res up there so I will have to hand water for the whole time. Lights will also be kept to a minimum (LEDs only) to keep heat down so that I dont have to run fans while the builders are here, I'll get a couple more pots of Ona gel to cover any smell, it seems to work reasonably well. All in all it will be an inconvenience but I wont let it spoil the grow. As soon as they are done with the windows I'll have it all back up and running in the spare room again. Now I just need to get a space set up in the loft ready so that when I find out the work is being done I'm all prepared to move the plants and equipment. Oh the joys of illegal cannabis growing .

ahhhhhh shite! missing that snow! first year not in minnesota,but Hawaii will treat me well!!
I'm totally in on this journal,been scoping that wilma system for some good time,this will be awesome to watch go down to determine if i will purchase one. ALOHA from Oahu!
J.P.:goodjob:

Update for today:

Ph and temps still staying stable so happy about that.

The four CC are coming along just fine. Leaning towrds the center a tiny bit, but they are not stretching at all which is exactly what I need with limited headroom .
I wont bother with a picture of each one as they all look identical, but here's one of them:
420-magazine-mobile743293563.jpg

Not sure if I actually mentioned this yet but the lights are on 20/4 schedule and they get fed 2 times per day for 15mins each time which ammounts to 500ml per pot, per feeding currently. I know that seems like a lot for tiny seedling but they are in 18L pots and it seems to be keeping them at a nice level of moisture with maybe 5% runoff if any...

As for the Blue cheese the light is currently on 24/0 (until I get chance to buy another timer) and its hand watered once per day. I gave it 2L VERY light feed to pre-soak the coco before planting seed, then just been giving 30ml each day until I feel the pot is light enough to warrant a proper feeding again (probably tomorrow).
It has now broken the surface and I will be counting today as day 1 for it .
420-magazine-mobile1760969107.jpg

Take care all and thanks for stopping in. Have a great day ✌

Oh man what a pain in the ass. Cant even imagine. Good luck with that, I am sure it will be ok
Haha yup its not ideal, still I'll be ok. It just means the plants might have a little less light for a few days, which I'm sure they can cope with.

ahhhhhh shite! missing that snow! first year not in minnesota,but Hawaii will treat me well!!
I'm totally in on this journal,been scoping that wilma system for some good time,this will be awesome to watch go down to determine if i will purchase one. ALOHA from Oahu!
J.P.:goodjob:

Welcome Mindcontrol.
Its the first time in 6 years we have had proper snow here lol! We normally get less than a cm each year that doesn't settle on the ground. Still I think I'd rather be in Hawaii . That said I do love the snow...BC/AB, Canada would be my dream place to live I think.
So far the Wilma seems great just set it up and let it do its thing, I haven't really done anything yet other than PH the res. Planning to change the res tomorrow or day after so we'll see how that goes...

Back
Top Bottom