Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Didn't his buddy Jazzy go to jail a bunch of times as well?

If you want to understand a bit of Thailand, I point you to a Russian!

1713366928614.png

Now - that's old and I don't necessarily agree on the use of "civilisation"

I'd prefer:

To that end -

This would help anyone understand Thailand better.

Its a fantastic movie and real. My wife picked no holes in it. Little things, never ever put your feet near someone's face. Even my family I am meticulous about not stepping over someone one the floor - made harder as Thai's love sleeping and they most love sleeping on the floor. Its the coolest spot in the room, right! Even & Co, she wakes up early. School breakfast ablutions done, says she gets her best sleep from 90 minutes on the concrete (fancy concrete!) floor between 11am and 12:30pm!

Today there were about 8 Thais sleeping there at one point! Its monstrously hot here still.

"NO STEP" like the sign says on every airplane engine ever! Def having one of those printed!

The movie is nearly entirely in Thai. Not sure there are subtitles? It doesn't matter. The English guy in the movie, main guy, decided he had a drink and meth problem moves to Bangkok to get off them (the worst place in the world for rehab!) He speaks no Thai. He learns to understand and communicate.
Real big on Muay Thai I understand but I seen a couple movies about foreigners being arrested for trafficking. I have been incarcerated in the U.S. and it’s a learning experience that you better learn fast. I don’t think any prison is nice. CL🍀

Real big on Muay Thai I understand but I seen a couple movies about foreigners being arrested for trafficking. I have been incarcerated in the U.S. and it’s a learning experience that you better learn fast. I don’t think any prison is nice. CL🍀
Its not meant to nice - but probably less people need to be sent there and it could be little nicer when you get there in some places. Also - yeah irony - kicking people with your feet the national sport! First date I took & Co to corner ringside seats at the biggest Muay Thai stadium in Phuket. Chatting to the fighters before in the changing rooms and the trainers and fighters between rounds. Best $200 I ever spent!

We're getting way off topic and its really why I like moving to "Completed" because a little more Ok - its like the holidays are coming!

Weed been grown and near harvested! Job done!

But on the language thing?

I can do this, in a lot of languages. Learn the basics of charm and what makes people tick in their language. You'll go a long way, a long, long way. Its not the words its the emotional understanding..

Doesn't always work! But then nothing always works!

Nick.

Its not meant to nice - but probably less people need to be sent there and it could be little nicer when you get there in some places. Also - yeah irony - kicking people with your feet the national sport! First date I took & Co to corner ringside seats at the biggest Muay Thai stadium in Phuket. Chatting to the fighters before in the changing rooms and the trainers and fighters between rounds. Best $200 I ever spent!

We're getting way off topic and its really why I like moving to "Completed" because a little more Ok - its like the holidays are coming!

Weed been grown and near harvested! Job done!

But on the language thing?

I can do this, in a lot of languages. Learn the basics of charm and what makes people tick in their language. You'll go a long way, a long, long way. Its not the words its the emotional understanding..

Doesn't always work! But then nothing always works!

Nick.
With you on that. But we’re far from completed. Not done til the Apple Fritter is done and weighed. She’s the one bringing up the rear, and she also gargantuan.

With you on that. But we’re far from completed. Not done til the Apple Fritter is done and weighed. She’s the one bringing up the rear, and she also gargantuan.
Yep got ya totally

But let’s use some Off Topic threads a bit more - I appreciate I am the worst for it!

I was in Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui for a while
I learned to say please and thank you, plus a Thai friend taught me 'I am not a dumb tourist' for street traders
Trouble is, he may well have taught me to say 'I am a dumb tourist' and I will never know 🤔

Remember 'My hovercraft is full of eels' Nick? lol

Trouble is, he may well have taught me to say 'I am a dumb tourist' and I will never know 🤔

Remember 'My hovercraft is full of eels' Nick? lol
I do now remember a "hovercraft full of eels" 😂

I would have made the joke that the Thai guy might have taught you the same but I'm fairly sure there is no Thai word for "hovercraft" though my mother in law catches eels out the river next to her house by hand - strongest wrists of any 80 year old I've ever seen on that lady! So gross when she ships them here, still live in a bucket. Mind you my own Grandmother used to do the same in the River Wye (England) so maybe I have a type!

I'll ask & Co what the guy taught you. It wouldn't have been bad. Super unlikely, Thais are good peeps.

The literal translation is probably like;

"Sorry, I'm a nice person but help me because I'm a farang with good heart"

Anyway as this journal winds down there's a bunch of people actually growing and talking tech about growing.

Stuff I'm reading (apart from the contest nominees!)

Roy Growin himself:

Love the rational decision making.

G to the one three! @g-one-three

Oh he got the growing bug hard!

Reading a bunch of others too but they are both sorta early doors which scratches my itch for new grows.

The contests nominees are all great too. Nice range of technical to enthusiastic and everything in between!

The "Last Dance" in my signature is about the most boring place on the internet if you're desperate to see pre flip plants!

But yeah that's for me!

Nick

Didn't his buddy Jazzy go to jail a bunch of times as well?
That's right I'm sure they done music together too.

That film looks good. I didn't usually do subs but might give it a try 👍

Honorable jail mentions go to Cape Town Central.
:laugh: Nick, I don't want to ruin a good story, but Cape Town Central police station is a far cry from a South African jail.
Arrested people are put in holding cells in the police station, processed and sit in holding cells at the Magistrates Court, and only if not given bail, get sent to federal prison either awaiting trial or on sentence. You're lucky you weren't sent to Polsmoor!

Your plants are looking awesome, both of you. I hope it's a tie :cheer::cheer:

:laugh: Nick, I don't want to ruin a good story, but Cape Town Central police station is a far cry from a South African jail.
Arrested people are put in holding cells in the police station, processed and sit in holding cells at the Magistrates Court, and only if not given bail, get sent to federal prison either awaiting trial or on sentence. You're lucky you weren't sent to Polsmoor!

Thanks @Carmen Ray - you get it! That’s exactly the spirit we’re in. I’m pretty sure we both feel like we’ve already won. This has been a blast and reasonably educational and reasonably interesting. I’m gonna meet the guy in one place or another and hopefully my Sensei @Bill284. How can anyone lose?

Hey @NickHardy, how mad at me will you be if I call you out on something publicly in the journal?

Imma do it anyway. Sorry in advance.

In my humble opinion, you would be well served to lose your butthurt feelings about entering contests. This seems to be a “thing.” From what I can see it’s completely unfounded. I get that there’s history in play there, but do you think you could shelve that? It doesn’t serve you well. And your contest entries are always appreciated and usually very good. Renee’s response confirms this most recently.

What do you say?

Thanks @Carmen Ray - you get it! That’s exactly the spirit we’re in. I’m pretty sure we both feel like we’ve already won. This has been a blast and reasonably educational and reasonably interesting. I’m gonna meet the guy in one place or another and hopefully my Sensei @Bill284. How can anyone lose?
It's just great that you are able to get together and watch a game somewhere!

Hey @NickHardy, how mad at me will you be if I call you out on something publicly in the journal?

Imma do it anyway. Sorry in advance.

In my humble opinion, you would be well served to lose your butthurt feelings about entering contests. This seems to be a “thing.” From what I can see it’s completely unfounded. I get that there’s history in play there, but do you think you could shelve that? It doesn’t serve you well. And your contest entries are always appreciated and usually very good. Renee’s response confirms this most recently.

What do you say?
You are welcome to call me out publicly

And I have extremely hard to hurt feelings!

So no worries from me.

I was joking with the not entering.

Look I’ll PM you everything you don’t know about that exchange - I know for sure there are people gonna read this who do know the stuff you don’t know.

My “not entering” was just a riff on your “maybe the mods are trying to tell you something” No huffiness!

I’ll ooph. You know this. I’ll ping you now.

I’m happy to put it in public, the site know this, they’ve known for a year nearly. But more formally 4 plus months.

Mail you now.

You are welcome to call me out publicly

And I have extremely hard to hurt feelings!

So no worries from me.

I was joking with the not entering.

Look I’ll PM you everything you don’t know about that exchange - I know for sure there are people gonna read this who do know the stuff you don’t know.

My “not entering” was just a riff on your “maybe the mods are trying to tell you something” No huffiness!

I’ll ooph. You know this. I’ll ping you now.

I’m happy to put it in public, the site know this, they’ve known for a year nearly. But more formally 4 plus months.

Mail you now.
Thanks I am apparently very confused. Sorry.

So I have PM'd Jon and we can move on I hope!

Harvest, chop incoming in about 2 hours, been busy, well actually I just sketched something badly at 9am this morning, & Co and apparently our now live in builder have been doing a lot for our other grow.

See how it looks better later.

IMG_0257.jpeg
IMG_0258.jpeg
IMG_0259.jpeg

Its close on the scariest place I've been. The "check in desk" was brutal. Every skellum arrested that day was wandering around uncuffed. I was cuffed to this massive Afrikaaner oke who said you shouldn't be here, stay close to me.

But the British Consul General had given me her personal phone number. She said, any attempt to take you to Polsmoor you call me ASAP, we'll stop it" The thing about being in the cell saved for immigration only offences is generally everyone wants to stay in the country. Fighting with other "guests" isn't going to help your cause.

But yeah the screams and brutality you could hear from other cells, with people coming down off tik or whatever drug, pap sak, wine, gross.

Yeah its not your average lock up.

But by Pollsmoor standards? Jeez - I played golf next door, is it Steenberg? Mega expensive course to play. The 5th hole maybe is the space of a chainlink fence and like a little lane from Pollsmoor gate. Maybe 20-30m from the prison proper.

Everyone shanks their tee shot there!

Since @Jon is showing off his fancy hula hoop frame…

Here’s one made earlier… (and no sticky backed plastic was harmed!)

Its a trellis not a scrog!

Finished up tomorrow.

I sketched it at 9am. & Co and our next neighbor builder built it out.

So yeah - I didn’t build it 😂 its designed for two levels and unglued (but carefully labelled - thankfully in Thai so no one will ask me to put it together!) so we can break it down for cleaning between grows.

Cost I dunno? $30?

Once before growing chillies I drilled holes through this pipe and fed the irrigation through it. Very cool. It was attached to the mains water. Turn it on and sprayed the plants inside the say 3x6 box I built.

All the plants died but it was a fun way to spend some time in lockdown!

IMG_0253.jpeg
IMG_0254.jpeg
IMG_0255.jpeg
IMG_0256.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom