BabyTrees First Grow!

Congrat's on the harvest, Brother! :welldone:

Hey Krip! Haven't seen ya around in a while bud hope all is well In your world.
And thanks man I'm still so impressed I've yet to sleep hahah I'm really happy that my guesses have been BLOWN out of the water and I've got some really good weed on my hands, boy did I get lucky with this strain what a happy plant shes been this entire run.

Great Harvest!! Congratz! I quick trim all big leaves with no sugar. Makes it a littler easier in the long run. Keep up the good work!
Thank you it really was an amazing harvest off such a little tent I'm extremely happy with the turn out and my first run! Got to be beginners luck hahah.

I was going to throw them out, but honestly a lot of my fans actually have trichomes on the at least about half the leaf is cover it looks like and I'm cheap, so I plan on whatever edibles I make just doubling or tripling dosages to cover for the extra material,
I'm very excited to see dry weights, I think your guess of around 4 ounces will be pretty freaking spot on, I'm so happy dude. I don't even get this happy about holidays, like man what an amazzinnng yield.
I appreciate you all sticking around and seeing it to the end y'all have been so much help.
That makes me happy to see you so satisfied! Any help I provided was my pleasure! I enjoyed watching your grow!! Thanks for sharing!!

Hahah! Damn right that's gonna be a real nice short week than too bro. I love having off Fridays, makes the week fly by!

Glad y'all are all doing well homie.
Hip hip hooray!! For short weeks!! Lol :cheer:

enjoy your time off! I look forward to seeing the final weigh in.

Thank you it really was an amazing harvest off such a little tent I'm extremely happy with the turn out and my first run! Got to be beginners luck hahah.
Rub some of that beginners luck off on me! Lol! I'm soooooo freaking stoked for you!!!! Wow, whatever is great pics and a great harvest. I like edibles a lot, and have made some with oil I purchased at a dispensary for Thanksgiving. (Thanksgiving was lit!) :rofl: I prefer edibles cuz I'm not a smoker and I get really harsh sore throats and congestion when I smoke..so I would def try to incorporate clippings from harvest (pray tell I get there with my weedbaby!) into edibles/butter or something. I can only imagine how happy you are, have a great time enjoying your harvest, let us know how it smoked/tasted when I do. I swear, if my weedbaby is a girl and makes it to harvest, I'm having a helluva freaking party (if this pandemic is under control by then) and u all are invited!! Lmao
:rofl::party::theband:

Rub some of that beginners luck off on me! Lol! I'm soooooo freaking stoked for you!!!! Wow, whatever is great pics and a great harvest. I like edibles a lot, and have made some with oil I purchased at a dispensary for Thanksgiving. (Thanksgiving was lit!) :rofl: I prefer edibles cuz I'm not a smoker and I get really harsh sore throats and congestion when I smoke..so I would def try to incorporate clippings from harvest (pray tell I get there with my weedbaby!) into edibles/butter or something. I can only imagine how happy you are, have a great time enjoying your harvest, let us know how it smoked/tasted when I do. I swear, if my weedbaby is a girl and makes it to harvest, I'm having a helluva freaking party (if this pandemic is under control by then) and u all are invited!! Lmao
:rofl::party::theband:

Thank you! And I hope your little baby does even better than mine! but I'd have some seeds growing just Incase you get to the point of sexing your plant and he flashes you his balls, I had my mystic going when my bag seed flashed me, I threw that freeloader out as fast as I could, cleaned my tent and put the Mystic in and wasn't too dissapointed, always have a back up just in case!
I prefer smoking but I do like some extremely high strength edibles I want to feel knocked off my socks and not like I've just got a buzz all day, I cut up a nug or two last night and left it to dry over night and got enough for a nice bowl pack or joint. The flavors Wont come out till cure I'm guessing for now it's like a plant matter smell, still is a real nice high so far and it's only going to keep getting better as time goes on.

Thank you! And I hope your little baby does even better than mine! but I'd have some seeds growing just Incase you get to the point of sexing your plant and he flashes you his balls, I had my mystic going when my bag seed flashed me, I threw that freeloader out as fast as I could, cleaned my tent and put the Mystic in and wasn't too dissapointed, always have a back up just in case!
I prefer smoking but I do like some extremely high strength edibles I want to feel knocked off my socks and not like I've just got a buzz all day, I cut up a nug or two last night and left it to dry over night and got enough for a nice bowl pack or joint. The flavors Wont come out till cure I'm guessing for now it's like a plant matter smell, still is a real nice high so far and it's only going to keep getting better as time goes on.

Yup, I plan on ordering seeds for sure because I don't have any...my weedbaby was pure accident. I have no clue what to order and was looking at seeds and was like...woah.. .that's research all it's own...lol! And your first smoke of your first harvest! Exciting stuff!!! Grab some champagne to drink with that! :laughtwo: Enjoy

Yup, I plan on ordering seeds for sure because I don't have any...my weedbaby was pure accident. I have no clue what to order and was looking at seeds and was like...woah.. .that's research all it's own...lol! And your first smoke of your first harvest! Exciting stuff!!! Grab some champagne to drink with that! :laughtwo: Enjoy

There's plenty of amazing choices it just depends on what youd like to grow for, so you gotta ask yourself would you like yield? Flavor? You want exotic colors? Would you prefer hybrids sativa or indica most strains on the market currently are pretty good! So I'm sure you wouldn't be wronged by going with anything purchased. I went for a bushy indica plant because I love indicas, and it said it was a beginner friendly strain and looked puuurty.

It's a lot to think about, for sure. I know I use it for sleep and to help me relax. I NEED something very smooth and not harsh, nothing that burns your lungs out cuz I'm not a smoker and it really hurts my lungs, throat, and I get all congested. I'm gravitating toward the fruity/candy types. I found a runts one, and would like the Skittles one. I'm thinking a nice fruit punch would be great. Pretty colors are great..loI also like to cook and make edibles. I hope i explained it good enough. I need a budtender... :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

It's a lot to think about, for sure. I know I use it for sleep and to help me relax. I NEED something very smooth and not harsh, nothing that burns your lungs out cuz I'm not a smoker and it really hurts my lungs, throat, and I get all congested. I'm gravitating toward the fruity/candy types. I found a runts one, and would like the Skittles one. I'm thinking a nice fruit punch would be great. Pretty colors are great..loI also like to cook and make edibles. I hope i explained it good enough. I need a budtender... :laughtwo: :laughtwo:
The way I remember it, is indica = in-da-bed. Meaning it’s a sleepy time/relaxing medicine. Sativa is more A energetic get stuff done high.

for you, I’d suggest an easy/beginner strain. White widow is really common strain to start with, as it’s pretty easy to grow. Jack herer is an easy strain for beginners as well.

now, here’s a twist...you can get plants that are high in CBD as well. Those plants focus more on pain relief, and not so much a head stone, but more of a body stone.

Harlequin is an easy strain for beginners and is a sativa dominant strain at 75/25 with 4/7% THC and 8-16% CBD.

many, many strains to choose from lol

Couple of bud shots today from when I peaked in, let another buddy of mine try some of the dried out nug and he said it was really good, and the first hit he got a warm rush over his body so he knew it was good and he had been smoking all day too! we shared a bowl and he got blitzed.
Had to screen shot one of the pics cause it wants to focus on every nug but the one I wanted it too lol, I posted the one that some nugs are out of focus on but some shining bright!
IMG_20200703_095736.jpg
Screenshot_20200703-100709.png
IMG_20200703_095821.jpg

I'm thinking a nice fruit punch would be great.
This may be what you're referring to, but there's a strain by Heavyweight Seeds called "Fruit Punch". I grew it about a year ago and the buds smelled just like KoolAid! :thumb:

This may be what you're referring to, but there's a strain by Heavyweight Seeds called "Fruit Punch". I grew it about a year ago and the buds smelled just like KoolAid! :thumb:

Omg that sounds perfect!! I will check it out for sure, thanks

The way I remember it, is indica = in-da-bed. Meaning it’s a sleepy time/relaxing medicine. Sativa is more A energetic get stuff done high.

for you, I’d suggest an easy/beginner strain. White widow is really common strain to start with, as it’s pretty easy to grow. Jack herer is an easy strain for beginners as well.

now, here’s a twist...you can get plants that are high in CBD as well. Those plants focus more on pain relief, and not so much a head stone, but more of a body stone.

Harlequin is an easy strain for beginners and is a sativa dominant strain at 75/25 with 4/7% THC and 8-16% CBD.

many, many strains to choose from lol

There sure is! I remember it like: Sativa for stimulation and slim leaves, Indica for In the bed too! lol!! My weedbaby surprise was a sativa, so no choice there lol. I do prefer Indica for the help with sleep and to help me relax. I'm a nurse and my job can be insanely stressful. It can take hours for that adrenaline to wind down. I don't have much pain, but do sometimes get back pain from a life of lifting people and equipment. So some pain relief would be good, but not priority. I will check those strains out. I do need something potent, because even though I'm not a big smoker, I have a very high tolerance. I'm even the same way with alcohol. Go figure. Lol I'm going to check those suggestions out right now thanks bunches
:thanks:

Couple of bud shots today from when I peaked in, let another buddy of mine try some of the dried out nug and he said it was really good, and the first hit he got a warm rush over his body so he knew it was good and he had been smoking all day too! we shared a bowl and he got blitzed.
Had to screen shot one of the pics cause it wants to focus on every nug but the one I wanted it too lol, I posted the one that some nugs are out of focus on but some shining bright!
IMG_20200703_095736.jpg
Screenshot_20200703-100709.png
IMG_20200703_095821.jpg
Damn bro!! You’ve got that fire!!

There sure is! I remember it like: Sativa for stimulation and slim leaves, Indica for In the bed too! lol!! My weedbaby surprise was a sativa, so no choice there lol. I do prefer Indica for the help with sleep and to help me relax. I'm a nurse and my job can be insanely stressful. It can take hours for that adrenaline to wind down. I don't have much pain, but do sometimes get back pain from a life of lifting people and equipment. So some pain relief would be good, but not priority. I will check those strains out. I do need something potent, because even though I'm not a big smoker, I have a very high tolerance. I'm even the same way with alcohol. Go figure. Lol I'm going to check those suggestions out right now thanks bunches
:thanks:
I also have a high tolerance... I think that comes from smoking 24/7 365 :laughtwo::cheesygrinsmiley:

I don’t drink much Booze anymore... don’t get me wrong, I do, but I’ve had a 12 pack of beer sit in my basement for almost three months now... I’d much rather smoke a big fatty and drink a pop or something lol

Damn bro!! You’ve got that fire!!
It is looking great!
Although the humidity in the tents too low currently we've been having 90 degree days, tents been needing the Carbon filter on cause it's gotten to 84 in the tent, and I've been at like 30-50% RH, I'm at 30% when I woke up and I have some crunchy buds no stem snaps yet though. would it be better the jar them up with a meter in it, and burp more frequently like two-three times a day?
I'm going to toss a bowl of water in the tent to try to raise the humidity.

For the first week of curing, it’s actually recommended to be opened three or four times a day. Then gradually decrease as the weeks go on.

You see I wouldn’t ever teach this to a new grower but Im not a stickler when it comes to drying. I make the best with what ever the environment is that I’m working with. I’d hate to loos a bunch of the product I just worked so hard to grow due to rot, or mold... and I prefer dry weed anyways. I just dry it, jar it, and move on to the next. :cheesygrinsmiley:

if you want the specifics on what the low and slow method is, there’s a link in my signature... other wise I’ve No real pointers for that. Sorry bro!!

For the first week of curing, it’s actually recommended to be opened three or four times a day. Then gradually decrease as the weeks go on.

You see I wouldn’t ever teach this to a new grower but Im not a stickler when it comes to drying. I make the best with what ever the environment is that I’m working with. I’d hate to loos a bunch of the product I just worked so hard to grow due to rot, or mold... and I prefer dry weed anyways. I just dry it, jar it, and move on to the next. :cheesygrinsmiley:

if you want the specifics on what the low and slow method is, there’s a link in my signature... other wise I’ve No real pointers for that. Sorry bro!!

Thank ya, I went thru and read some of it and seems that the temps here will def have some effect but if people really dry at 90-115 I don't think I have anything to worry about, although I don't want to be anywhere near those temps.
Ive read over 80 degrees you start losing terpenes, but Its not like I can control the conditions too much, next harvest I think I'll use my buddies house to dry because he actually has a house so temps are a lot .. more stable than my destination trailer, I'm thinking hard about buying a window unit or installing a second cieling AC unit to regulate temps better in the house cause right now it's getting to hot for me so I know my plants aren't enjoying it either.
And I'm with you 100% I don't wanna lose any to mold. We worked too hard to get to this point to risk getting mold!

Hey 420fam,
Tomorrow is the big day once I get off work I'll be getting a weigh in on the buds, and the trim I've got. I am pumped I haven't dipped into it aside from a few nugs that I either accidentally cut off or put to the side for testers, so It should be a pretty solid representation on what to expect. Maybe about 3-5gs off is all I've dabbled into including the handful I gave my buddy of airy Larfy bits,

Today I can take a nug towards the end of the branch if I bend it it's stem snaps, and if I take a lower nug and lift it up I can pull it off, so I'm good with how dry it's gotten, probably could of taken it today but I wanted to be sure any moisture in the larger ones are pretty much gone.
Super excited to get this stuff weighed in and start the cure process.
Im really excited for the weigh in so I can get an idea of how many plants I'll need to support me and my buddies smoking habits through the year roughly haha.

Back
Top Bottom