BakedARea 2020: CBD Glue Tide & CBD High Tide

Quick update...they sure are pretty little babies! I'm thinking the window I picked is not enough light. A couple are stretching and bending trying to find the light. I have a spot in another room that gets bright sun throughout the day. Worries me though that it might be too bright.
Thoughts?
20200401_175307.jpg

20200402_192038.jpg

I moved the babies into the greenhouse with the other ladies last night to see how they would do. I have extra lights in there that turn on for 8-6 hours after dusk for veg. This one though definitely needed some support though. This was the first one to sprout btw.

I'll be moving this into 4 inch "Cow Pots" in the next couple days. Hopefully that will give them enough room for a couple weeks before moving them into their final spots. I'm contemplating leaving the peat pots and cow pots in tact when I transplant and let them naturally burst through the material on their own. Thoughts?

In my mind it seems that it would be a less stressful transplant. We shall see. I'll experiment with a couple of them and take good notes to compare the results.

Got them moved up into 4" CowPots today. I decided to remove all of them except for one from the little jiffy peat pots. I want to see how they compare with transplant shock.

I also decided to do a chlorine residual test from my filtered garden hose. Great news! Only 0.04! That means no need to treat or dechlorinate before watering or preparing teas.

20200404_154719.jpg

20200404_154758.jpg

This is the candidate that went straight in with the jiffy pot. I want to compare the plant and root growth rate. It will be interesting to see if it will be slowed down or if it will surpass the others due to less stress. Anybody else have experience with CowPots?
20200404_130609.jpg

20200404_132505.jpg

Made me smile to see these 2nd set of leaves coming out today. They were barely poking out yesterday. Decided to wait until today to try and get better pics. They look like the transplant wasn't too hard on them they seem ok. What do you all think?

Did a little artistic editing to them. I know...blurple lighting...
20200406_164904-01.jpeg

20200406_164923-01.jpeg

20200406_165016-01.jpeg

20200406_165046-01.jpeg

nice the High Tide is an easy grower so far takes anything u throw at it organically speaking. I have a couple in my tent right now and love em. good luck hommie.
Thanks for chiming in! Much appreciated. Glad to hear someone else is growing this. Your plant looks awesome! I'll be trying my best to train mine as well to get as much flower as possible. Mine will be outdoors in a 10 or 15 gallon pot.

Some updated pics of my little CBD beauties! They are 2.5 weeks since they sprouted.
They were all following the late afternoon sun. They don't get full sun. I have them in this spot in the greenhouse and they only get direct late afternoon sun for about an hour. The rest of the day they are getting diffused light from the greenhouse.

20200415_182721.jpg

I decided to move both the #1 plants to where the #2 plants were. They need to catch up and that spot gets the best light in the afternoon.
20200415_183242.jpg

Glue Tide #3 is the only one that was transplanted straight into this pot from the small jiffy pot. The others were removed from the jiffy pot. Looking pretty good so far actually.
I still probably won't be using jiffy pots ever again but it seemed like a good experience to at least try.
20200415_182900.jpg

Glue Tide #2
20200415_183036.jpg

Glue Tide #1 - a little stunted. I'm thinking because of the placement in the greenhouse. We'll see how it responds in the new spot.
20200415_183202.jpg

20200415_183208.jpg

High Tide #3
20200415_182913.jpg

High Tide #2
20200415_183007.jpg

High Tide #1
20200415_183320.jpg

I dont know if you've ever been to harborside, but they are stacked with Equilibrium beans right now, picked up a couple packs.
Duuuuude! I want to try that Strawberry Orange CBD. Tag me when you start it so I can follow along. That power puff sounds like it is going to be nice too! Harborside is a couple hours away. I have never been there but it's on my list of places to go next time I'm in the Bay Area.

Duuuuude! I want to try that Strawberry Orange CBD. Tag me when you start it so I can follow along. That power puff sounds like it is going to be nice too! Harborside is a couple hours away. I have never been there but it's on my list of places to go next time I'm in the Bay Area.
Yeah it's a lil over an hour from where I'm at but definitely worth the trip since I did a job literally next door haha, but the timing with outdoor season. meaning homeboy had 4 Tupperware full of seeds, but only 6 of the holographic heirlooms, so I definitely grabbed one of them.

Quick journal update from yesterday afternoon. I gave the babies a light feeding and drench with a measured out 1/4 cup of water for each of them. Did some calculations as well to try and start timing the wet/dry cycle better.

4" CowPots with soil dry weight was 6oz.
After watering/feeding
Glue Tide #1 = 13.6 oz
Glue Tide #2 = 13 oz
Glue Tide #3 = 14.1 oz
(Includes the jiffy pot inside)
High Tide #1 = 13.2 oz
High Tide #2 = 13 oz
High Tide #3 = 13 oz

They got some nice direct sun early this morning. Maybe about an hour. Then they got diffused light the rest of the day until early evening and brought them out for some sun again. Chased the sun for an hour or two.

I think these babies did not like the hydrogen peroxide last week. Or could it have been something else? Thoughts?
20200419_094833.jpg

20200419_094839.jpg

I captured these yesterday on 420...seemed like an appropriate day to put another update. They are definitely growing. I'd like to get a couple of these potted up into 1 gallon soon. Maybe this weekend?! What do you all think? When would transplant based on their appearance/size?

Being that they are in CowPots, it's supposed to make for healthier transplanting and reduced stress too. It will be an interesting observation. They look happy in these so far.
20200420_180345.jpg

if theres roots comin out the bottom ur good to go. there been in there for almost a month right?
Yeah, I planted the seeds on 3/25 and they germinated a couple days later. I should probably make new tags of when they breached the soil right? That is technically the start of veg so we are almost at 4 weeks.

No roots at the bottom yet (that I have seen) but that is one of the things about these pots. You can transplant into the larger pot and that will soften up the pot itself for roots to start going through it easier. Right now the outside stays dry and force the roots to not want to go through it yet. I think I'll move them up this week. Might as well.

I would wait till u get roots out of the bottom, then transplant. I never really bought into the whole degrading pot thing seems like it just makes the roots work harder, and I like to give the roots a sprinkle of nitrogen fixing bacteria and some granular mykos at the bottom of the transplant hole a tsp in ur case for both. then water down with a myko wettable, vitamin b, and a dash of kelp. works everytime with lil to no stress plants never dropped after transplant with this process dont overwater though maybe under a Liter for each and that's still alot. hope this helps and if anyone has anything to add or change pls do love learnin.

Well damn...came home this evening to find this. Not sure what did it but I transplanted it into a 1 gallon. Let's cross our fingers that it will be alright. I made sure the soil has plenty of nutrients as well. I added mycorrhizae and azos during the transplant and top dressed with worm castings and compost. I ended up drenching it too. I'll get some pics throughout the next few days to observe progression improvements.

20200421_205721.jpg
20200421_210546.jpg
20200421_210549.jpg

nice. An old timer once told me about topping the soil in the pot with 2-4" of coco, because it helps with keeping moisture in the soil, bugs, roots. I did it with some ready grow pro I had left over from the garden and the shit worked. Lemon glue turned out to be a male.
That makes sense. It's acting as a mulch. The coco dries out way faster than the soil minimizing the ability of fungus gnats taking hold. I will try that soon when they get put into their final pots. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom