The Glue twins are both mutants.
As I already mentioned, Gorilla Glue #4 has topped herself, and has some really odd shaped leaves.
Godzilla Glue #4 is missing a leaf and side branch on one side, and her leaves have strange numbers of leaflets. To top that off, some of the leaflets aren't fully separated giving her a little bit of a ducksfoot look to parts of the leaves.
I'm really looking forward to growing them out and seeing what they're going to do next.

Gorilla Glue #4

Godzilla Glue #4

Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze
She didn't need the dryback as much as the others, so she's a bit droopy. Still looks really good to me though.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla G#4 a mutant? be interesting to see how that grows out
Yup!
Saved you the trouble!
And cheated me out of a clone!

We've had some good growth over the last couple of days.
Godzilla Glue #4 is drinking the fastest, her cup is quite a bit lighter than the others. She'll need another fertigation tomorrow.
That surprises me a bit, I would have expected Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze to be drinking the fastest as she's bigger than the others. She and Cherry Bomb both have a look I like to them.

Gorilla Glue #4

Godzilla Glue #4

Cherry Bomb

We've had some good growth over the last couple of days.
Godzilla Glue #4 is drinking the fastest, her cup is quite a bit lighter than the others. She'll need another fertigation tomorrow.
That surprises me a bit, I would have expected Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze to be drinking the fastest as she's bigger than the others. She and Cherry Bomb both have a look I like to them.

Gorilla Glue #4

Godzilla Glue #4

Cherry Bomb

won't be long till they need a bigger pot, happy looking plants

won't be long till they need a bigger pot, happy looking plants
Thanks con!
I'm going to be prepping the soil for the fabric pots and the SIP soon. I'll probably be putting them in 1 gallon plastic pots first.
Topside looks great so I'm guessing the roots do too!
Thanks Shed!
I'll take some pics when I get home this evening. I should be checking them occasionally anyway.
The soil in there has really high water retention, so judging when to transplant by how fast they're drinking may not work too well.

I've been looking at the long range forecast for the summer. If they're right it'll be a coolish spring, and a wet summer with unusually warm temperatures.
If autumn is dry it should be okay, but I'm a little worried it might be a repeat of 2021.
That season was an utter disaster.

Pop these up before the edible kicks in.

Gorilla Glue #4

Godzilla Glue #4

Cherry Bomb

A nice healthy start Mel, and the roots look great!
Thanks Stunger!
Nice root growth. :lot-o-toke: 🍋
Thanks Keith!
Happy roots.
Thanks Carmen!

Goodnight everyone!

I'm still pretty happy with how these girls are doing, although I'm not sure how the mutations are going to affect training them.

Gorilla Glue #4
Looks like it's going to make the single side branch from its self topping effort into a new main trunk, and the leaves on that look fairly normal.

Godzilla Glue #4
already has alternating nodes, so it might not react properly to being topped.

is pretty much perfect, if a little stretchier than I usually want.

Cherry Bomb
has blemishes, but otherwise is doing really well.

Thanks for checking in!

They're little bushes! Also, six nodes in 4" is too stretchy? :)
Honestly?
Yeah, a little. I like to keep the nodes as close as possible for training.
I find it easier to prevent apical dominance while stretching the branches out if they're as close as possible.
The 2022 season would be a good example. It worked well on all the plants except Black Amnesia Haze. She had longer internodes, so I had to adapt.
I'll poke around in my gallery tomorrow and find some good examples of what I mean.

Does anyone know how to insert a specific pic without pressing "More" a thousand times?
I'll have do this with links for now.

This pic shows what I'm talking about.
Black Amnesia Haze is already too tall to train properly with carhooks.
While the Skywalker OG and Romulan on the right stayed stocky, and were the right height. They're both about as tall as Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze is right now, but with more nodes.
I topped them, and took off enough of the Romulan to clone the top. You can see it, freshly rooted, in this pic, as well as the way I train a stockier plant.
When the time came to train BAH, I had to improvise a bit.

Back
Top Bottom