BakedARea 2020: CBD Glue Tide & CBD High Tide

I transplanted all of them this morning. They all had roots penetrating the bottom of the CowPots. Figured I might as well get them all transplanted into 1 gallon pots. I believe it was in this journal that I mentioned I was going to put a couple of them into final pots but I decided to not do that until I have verified the sexes of all of them. Only females will be going into the larger fabric pots and I am hoping I get at least one male of each variety.

So @Emilya wins this time and they will be getting the 3x-5x potting up method. ;)

Glue Tide #3 is the one that was transplanted into this CowPot with an undisturbed jiffy peat pot.

20200424_085759.jpg
20200424_085807.jpg

This is the bottom of the CowPot that had the whole Jiffy pot inside. That means it has roots that penetrated through the jiffy pest pot and this pot already. I'm not certain it is fair to say that the roots have a hard time getting through the peat pots. It has not slowed this one down at all. Could possibly say it is the healthiest one of the bunch actually. :hmmmm: :idea: I think I will need to do more experiments to have a solid opinion either way. The rest have roots punching through like this. So would it be easier to just plant directly into these or in the smaller peat pots and then put into here? Hmmmm...
20200424_085814.jpg

Mixed up a little more of the Stutzman Farms organic chicken manure into my soil mix. Added some soil at the bottom of the 1 gallon pot. Then placed an empty CowPot into it to the height I wanted and filled it all in with more soil. Then pulled out the CowPot which left me with a perfect imprint. Added some of my custom slow release granular fertilizer and worm castings to the bottom of the hole. As I have been doing with all my transplants, I added Extreme Gardening Azos and Mykos to the hole.

20200424_085825.jpg

Added about 1/2 Tbs of my top dress fertilizer mix and a small handful of worm castings. Topped that off with some more soil.
20200424_085849.jpg

Mulched it with coco as was suggested by @jamexican686 . I only did a think layer of it because I didn't have room left but in their final pots, I will definitely give it a shot to mulch with a thicker 2-3" layer.
20200424_090132.jpg
20200424_091201.jpg

This was 3 hours later after transplant and feeding.
20200424_120012.jpg

very nice, are you going to top em or let em grow out?
I will definitely top them and then do some training. I think I will get them into 3 gallons next and hopefully be able to grow them in there until they show me their private parts. From there up to 5 or 10. Last time I trained in the final pots. I potted up only once though from a 5 to a 15 and one in a 25. This time, I'm going the long way to the final pot. Not sure when to start the training. Lol

Some update pics of the babies. A couple of them are quite smaller and not nearly as happy. Not sure if it is a pheno difference or something I am doing. They have all had the same care so it's confusing.

Glue Tide #3 is definitely the strongest of that bunch so far.

20200426_094728.jpg

High Tide #2 is looking the best from this bunch and possibly of the best of the whole group.
In order from left to right (1, 2, 3). I need to use a darker marker.
20200426_094815.jpg

Any other thoughts?
20200426_094923.jpg

Damn
top and bottom right 10 days into flower
DAMN that's a beautiful canopy! Thanks for the heads up. I wish Equilibrium would post more information about their seed varieties and growing methods on their website. It seems a little vague or generic to be honest. I haven't checked their site in a long time though so I may be spewing nonsense. I better go look now...LOL

That makes sense. It's acting as a mulch. The coco dries out way faster than the soil minimizing the ability of fungus gnats taking hold. I will try that soon when they get put into their final pots. Thanks for the tip.
Lots of techniques can achieve the same success. Glad to see someone else trying out Equilibrium like myself. Out of ten seeds, two were duds. The rest look healthy despite a couple mutants. Never had that problem with SoHum when Lawrence was alive (RIP for a good man). I had to register again after a few years and was only a 2nd year grow at the time. Always learning. Good luck with your grow and enjoy. I will continue my search for Ketama and landrace Afghani though it may be too late for this year.

Attachments

• 20200321_101808.jpg
    20200321_101808.jpg
    799.8 KB · Views: 89
A quick group shot of them before getting put out on their basking table for the day. Supposed to be another gorgeous day so I'm sure they'll be soaking it up and looking even taller by the end of the day!

20200509_061455.jpg

Golden Honey Nuggets and Dos Rodeos. We'll keep in touch with the grow days gone by. Good luck with your grow, brother.
Thanks man! Appreciate the love.

They are looking phenomenal after another day of sun. It is really fun to see the different phenos, even out of only 3 seeds each. Now to get them to show me their sex so I can plan properly! LOL

whats up they should start showing sex by the 4th week or so. looking nice n healthy over there u just throwing em outside to save the lights? just hit 3 weeks yesterday with the HT CBD.

Hey man. Yeah, I've been looking and still nothing dude. Getting impatient over here. LOL
Maybe I did inadvertently that slowed them down? Not sure...but they have a beautiful smell already though. They have spending about 13hrs outside. They will be grown outdoors.

Your flowers are looking gorgeous man! Wow!

I decided to top all of them early this morning. They were all at the 4th or 5th node. They are growing great and looking really healthy. I anticipate they will need to get uppotted in a couple weeks. They are starting to drink some more water. They got a hefty drench yesterday with just filtered water. They definitely appreciated that. A few of them were getting droopy. I'll probably give them some 1/4 or 1/2 strength nutes for their next drench. They are at 4-5 days right now between waterings.

Little update of the plants. They are all looking great with some strong stocks. A
sample pic of Glue Tide #3 and a view from where I topped them last week. Another pic with what I think is too strong of a foliar spray. I think the solution was too hot for all my plants. I will switching that foliar spray recipe to half strength next time around.

20200517_074044-01.jpeg
20200517_074131-01.jpeg
20200517_074213-01.jpeg

I remember in the early 80's, when I was a kid, I took some seeds from a bag and put them in the ground. No amending of soil, just .25 inches in the dirt. Kept it moist and they grew to produce an amount that impressed me then ( lol, probably 12 ounces).

Years went by and started again about 7 years ago. I work rich soil with perlite and compost into an area of native soil. If I give nutrients, I do so sporadically and with organic liquid/water soluble type. I don't foliar feed and only grow outdoor on the sun. I'm fortunate to have good native soil. I see many complicated methods people use, and understand there's much more detail for indoor growers, but I've used simple methods with satisfying results. Much of the basics Cervantes wrote upon will eliminate many self inflicted problems.

Back
Top Bottom