Canuk Seeds Comparative: Viente:Uno CBD

:popcorn:

Omg you are off to a five star start!

I have a feeling come flower this will be a solid Jotm contender.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
You are too kind :love: Once I add the net and start tucking and weaving it will end up being a jungly mess in there. Guaranteed!

Your plants look fantastic, PGA! May I ask what grow method you're using? It looks a little like a hempy and a little like a SIP. Those are the only 2 kinds of grows that I know of that use perlite.

Your plants look fantastic, PGA! May I ask what grow method you're using? It looks a little like a hempy and a little like a SIP. Those are the only 2 kinds of grows that I know of that use perlite.
I would consider it a hempy style seeing as how the grow medium is straight perlite. A lot of folks in hempy drain to waste (water and use nutes once) I drain back into the 14 gal res (closed loop). Top off the res with water and add nutes when needed to maintain a target ppm depending on the stage of growth.

The plants were topped at the fifth node a few days ago. Won't be long and I'll be adding the net to start spreading these ladies out.

Pre Top
Tent Front View 11142023 pre top.jpg

Post Top
Tent Front View 11142023 post top.jpg

I went ahead and took quite a few large fan leaves that were blocking the lower growth.
Tent Angle View 111423.jpg

Bucket 1
Bucket1 111423.jpg

Bucket 2
Bucket2 111423.jpg

Bucket 3
Bucket3 111423.jpg

Ph is holding steady @ 5.8 and I'm keeping the ppm around 550.

Living the lush life in there Caddie! You're going to be tight on space any minute. :)

Is that algae on top of the perlite? There was a conversation over in @Melville Hobbes' thread about whether that was something to be dealt with or not.
These are a mostly sativa strain so I’m going to flip a little sooner than normal. Hoping not to run out of headroom but if so I can always super crop. Makes a mess of a nice grow but sometimes it’s necessary.

Yes, that is algae on the perlite. Unavoidable and has never caused me any issues. I run hydroguard in the res so it probably enjoys a little algae.

Is that algae on top of the perlite? There was a conversation over in @Melville Hobbes' thread about whether that was something to be dealt with or not.

Yes, that is algae on the perlite. Unavoidable and has never caused me any issues. I run hydroguard in the res so it probably enjoys a little algae.
The consensus was that it's mostly an aesthetic issue, but one person felt it was better to get rid of it.
He had a reason, but I don't remember what it was.
I plan to spray it with H2O2 every once in a while, as soon as I remember to get some.

I'm about to go back and catch up :)
Thanks for the tag Shed!

The consensus was that it's mostly an aesthetic issue, but one person felt it was better to get rid of it.
He had a reason, but I don't remember what it was.
I plan to spray it with H2O2 every once in a while, as soon as I remember to get some.

I'm about to go back and catch up :)
Thanks for the tag Shed!
What percentage H2O2 you plan on using?

What percentage H2O2 you plan on using?
Just the 3% stuff you can get at the pharmacy or dollar store.
It doesn't look like it's affecting the plants, so I don't see any reason to go to more trouble (or expense) than that.

Just the 3% stuff you can get at the pharmacy or dollar store.
It doesn't look like it's affecting the plants, so I don't see any reason to go to more trouble (or expense) than that.
I might give it a try. The algae is annoying.

It's time to add the net and thin these girls out. Lots of moisture build up on overlapping leaves. Gotta nip that in the bud.
Tent Angle View 112023.jpg

The Carnage
Carnage 112023.jpg

After Defoil
Bucket 1 112023.jpg

Bucket 2 112023.jpg

Bucket 3 112023.jpg

Front View Overhead 112023.jpg

This strain is a cross of CD-1 and a landrase strain. I've been growing the CD-1/Candida for many years and it is a flimsy plant that needs a lot of support later in flower. All three of these plants are stocky. I expect they will hold up fine when the buds are stacking.

It's time to add the net and thin these girls out. Lots of moisture build up on overlapping leaves. Gotta nip that in the bud.
Tent Angle View 112023.jpg

The Carnage
Carnage 112023.jpg

After Defoil
Bucket 1 112023.jpg

Bucket 2 112023.jpg

Bucket 3 112023.jpg

Front View Overhead 112023.jpg

This strain is a cross of CD-1 and a landrase strain. I've been growing the CD-1/Candida for many years and it is a flimsy plant that needs a lot of support later in flower. All three of these plants are stocky. I expect they will hold up fine when the buds are stacking.
They cleaned 🧹 up nicely. Looks great btw 👍. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

That's interesting that it's a cross with CD-1 and a landrace. I hadn't noticed that before.

CD-1 has legendary status here on 420. I wonder if it would work similarly?

Personally, I'm not really sure why CD-1 is so popular.

Back
Top Bottom