Ban on marijuana users owning guns is unconstitutional, U.S. judge rules

This is also why I dislike American politics lol.. If you read over my responses, I sound like a Republican in some, democrat in others, an anarchist in a few. Most of us can’t be easily lumped into one group or the other no matter how hard they try. The majority of us are right down the middle and believe we are responsible for our own lives and decisions and don’t require the government telling us what to do.

A loud minority on both sides are driving us right into a fight with each other and it’s gross. We give air time to negativity and people with an agenda and an incentive to see us divided. What made America so successful (beyond the atrocities and imperialism) was our ability to work across the aisle with each other. Talk to each other. Come to a compromise. Nowadays people mindlessly fall into this left vs right crap and allow large organizations to speak for us.

If we can’t talk to each other as people, we may as well just give up now. It’s only gonna get worse the more intolerant of each other we become.

why wait 2 hrs for a cop to show up, someone break in my house in the middle of the night I ain't waiting and niether are they, most just seeing my home protection tools is a deterrent BUT if you are ever in that situation and I pray no one is. But if you pull it you better be ready to use it, if you dont they will. especially in this upside down world we live in today to some Life means nothing

This is also why I dislike American politics lol.. If you read over my responses, I sound like a Republican in some, democrat in others, an anarchist in a few. Most of us can’t be easily lumped into one group or the other no matter how hard they try. The majority of us are right down the middle and believe we are responsible for our own lives and decisions and don’t require the government telling us what to do.

A loud minority on both sides are driving us right into a fight with each other and it’s gross. We give air time to negativity and people with an agenda and an incentive to see us divided. What made America so successful (beyond the atrocities and imperialism) was our ability to work across the aisle with each other. Talk to each other. Come to a compromise. Nowadays people mindlessly fall into this left vs right crap and allow large organizations to speak for us.

If we can’t talk to each other as people, we may as well just give up now. It’s only gonna get worse the more intolerant of each other we become.
Exactly correct it’s either you’re with us or you’re against us and no room for compromise. CL🍀

With all the money they'd save by avoiding lawsuits.

That made me laugh out loud.. I don’t remember the city (maybe LA) but there was an absurd portion of the budget set aside just for lawsuits.. If I remember correctly it was the largest share of anything in their budget by many multiples smh

why wait 2 hrs for a cop to show up, someone break in my house in the middle of the night I ain't waiting and niether are they, most just seeing my home protection tools is a deterrent BUT if you are ever in that situation and I pray no one is. But if you pull it you better be ready to use it, if you dont they will. especially in this upside down world we live in today to some Life means nothing

If you’ve made the decision to intrude into my home knowing full well we live in America then you have decided your life is more valuable than mine and my family’s and that’s just not true.

bottom line is 10% of folk can't be trusted with guns (or most things) to any responsible extent.

they will continue to ruin it for the 90% that do, and increase the level of danger beyond what the 90% can tolerate. it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. the sickness is posed as the cure.

I have no problem with a RESPONSIBLE person owning guns. The loopholes to obtain them should be closed up. And it should be harder to get an AR-15 than it is to buy and drive a car.

I have no problem with a RESPONSIBLE person owning guns. The loopholes to obtain them should be closed up. And it should be harder to get an AR-15 than it is to buy and drive a car.

explain why. if you use a bb gun correct and responsible why be restricted from a ballistic missile ? or anything less ?

It is

There is no back ground check to purchase a vehicle.

There is more unlicensed drivers per Capita than Licensed drivers also.

So.....

Even with making it harder to purchase weapons. CRIMINALS will still find them cheap and easy. Not fixing any issue.

CRIMINALS will still find them cheap and easy. Not fixing any issue.

who is supplying them ?

you guys must have a lot illegal gun makers. how many identifed brands are making guns for criminals ?

maybe sue them into nonexistence. that's a tried and true american solution.

suggest a million dollars per dead school kid.

Regulating ARs doesn’t make any sense and is one of those misinformation/disinformation arguments. If you’re trying to regulate guns for safety the first place you start is handguns.

“In 2020, handguns were involved in 59% of the 13,620 U.S. gun murders and non-negligent manslaughters for which data is available, according to the FBI. Rifles – the category that includes guns sometimes referred to as “assault weapons” – were involved in 3% of firearm murders. Shotguns were involved in 1%. The remainder of gun homicides and non-negligent manslaughters (36%) involved other kinds of firearms or those classified as “type not stated.””

ARs aren’t even a blip compared to handguns. The issues we have won’t be solved by making it harder for me to get a rifle. They get solved by addressing the situations that lead people to feel like their only option is grabbing a gun. Better healthcare, mental health, United communities, housing, education, opportunities, food security. Making people feel like their contributions matter. Giving them a reason to want to invest in their communities and their neighborhoods. The list goes on and on.

Making it more difficult for those that follow the rules to obtain a gun isn’t even a band aid, it’s a completely symbolic effort.

Regulating ARs doesn’t make any sense and is one of those misinformation/disinformation arguments. If you’re trying to regulate guns for safety the first place you start is handguns.

more than correct. handguns are also the #1 personal protection device.

so you wanna take away personal protection ? ... says the ara. good flipping luck

. Rifles – the category that includes guns sometimes referred to as “assault weapons” – were involved in 3% of firearm murders. Shotguns were involved in 1%.

yet remain the most deadly per incident involved. no one was shooting folk with a handgun from a hotel window at a concert on the strip in las vegas.

the ar's worked great for that asshole.

ARs aren’t even a blip compared to handguns. The issues we have won’t be solved by making it harder for me to get a rifle. They get solved by addressing the situations that lead people to feel like their only option is grabbing a gun. Better healthcare, mental health, United communities, housing, education, opportunities, food security. Making people feel like their contributions matter. Giving them a reason to want to invest in their communities and their neighborhoods. The list goes on and on.

the first thing is still access. you didn't smoke so much when you couldn't grow.

marginal folk and those with problems don't try to solve their issues with guns when they are not at fingers length.

Making it more difficult for those that follow the rules to obtain a gun isn’t even a band aid, it’s a completely symbolic effort.

maybe just dole them out at 7-11 or have vending machines in high schools. that'll make you safe.

explain why. if you use a bb gun correct and responsible why be restricted from a ballistic missile ? or anything less ?
No one has killed a bunch of school kids with a pellet gun. There's more to it than being able to shoot a tin can from a post at twenty yards.

And cars aren't designed/built for the purpose of killing. For anyone to drive a car, you need to pass to two tests (written and road). You need to register all the cars you own. You need insurance to drive said cars.

No one has killed a bunch of school kids with a pellet gun.
there's more to it than being able to shoot a tin can from a post at twenty yards.

yet the responsibility being shown for one is equated to being equal to be trusted for the other.

And cars aren't designed/built for the purpose of killing. For anyone to drive a car, you need to pass to two tests (written and road). You need to register all the cars you own. You need insurance to drive said cars.

and yet does not require an equivalent minimum to be applied to most firearms purchases.

yet remain the most deadly per incident involved. no one was shooting folk with a handgun from a hotel window at a concert on the strip in las vegas.

So if we’re gonna talk mass shootings and “deadliness per incident” let’s talk about the facts. The weapon isn’t the problem. Outlawing a weapon doesn’t fix the problem. The fact of the matter is this is a uniquely male problem. Out of 137 mass shootings, 134 have been carried out by men, with 53% of those being white men with a median age of 32. Seems to me it’s not the weapons that are the problem at all.

the first thing is still access. you didn't smoke so much when you couldn't grow.

marginal folk and those with problems don't try to solve their issues with guns when they are not at fingers length

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. I’ve even said it out loud and still can’t figure it out lol.. can you reword it for me?

maybe just dole them out a 7-11 or have vending machines in high schools. that'll make you safe

This is an unnecessarily flippant comment made in bad faith. I wasn’t advocating for vending machines in high schools and you know that, it’s poor form to make such a leap.

I should add a qualifier.. I don’t believe in governments or laws and even if guns were outlawed I would still have them. Legalities have never been a factor in my decisions and never will be. With that being said, we live in a society, one that’s supposedly based around law and order, so under that premise I believe the following:

When I say “law abiding” citizen, this implies there is a way to ensure someone is a law abiding citizen. This means a background check and responsible gun shop owners. However, this cannot be a barrier to entry. If you’re an American who can pass a background check thats all that should be required. Period.

No registries, no licensing fees, no bureaucrat deciding who does and who doesn’t get to carry a weapon or what weapon they can carry.

Car ownership is a privilege not a constitutional right. There can be no barriers to entry when it comes to our rights, if we want to be a society of “law and order”. I try to avoid the car comparisons as much as possible, it’s like apples and oranges.

So if we’re gonna talk mass shootings and “deadliness per incident” let’s talk about the facts. The weapon isn’t the problem. Outlawing a weapon doesn’t fix the problem. The fact of the matter is this is a uniquely male problem. Out of 137 mass shootings, 134 have been carried out by men, with 53% of those being white men with a median age of 32. Seems to me it’s not the weapons that are the problem at all.

you figure being male is the problem? :rofl:
propose an answer.

i do know a way to at least keep the carnage down while you muse. you don't wanna contemplate that however. because it's sane.

access is an issue whether you like it or not. there wouldn't be fewer fentanyl deaths if it was legal. or are you for legal fentanyl as well ?

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. I’ve even said it out loud and still can’t figure it out lol.. can you reword it for me?

see above.

This is an unnecessarily flippant comment made in bad faith. I wasn’t advocating for vending machines in high schools and you know that, it’s poor form to make such a leap.

gun control is either wide open or regulated. which do you want ?

wide open argues we are only safe if we are all equally armed. is that the society you want your kids going to school in ?

did you have to go through active shooter drills as a child in school ? do you think that's normal ? your kids do.

I should add a qualifier.. I don’t believe in governments or laws and even if guns were outlawed I would still have them. Legalities have never been a factor in my decisions and never will be. With that being said, we live in a society, one that’s supposedly based around law and order, so under that premise I believe the following:

When I say “law abiding” citizen, this implies there is a way to ensure someone is a law abiding citizen. This means a background check and responsible gun shop owners. However, this cannot be a barrier to entry. If you’re an American who can pass a background check thats all that should be required. Period.

all active school shooters used legally acquired weapons. i'm happy that you feel no need to worry for your kids.
they might be better served by those vending machines when it comes to it.

it's not about barrier. it's about applying a sane law equally across all lines and meaning it. there isn't one now.

No registries, no licensing fees, no bureaucrat deciding who does and who doesn’t get to carry a weapon or what weapon they can carry.

exactly what i suggested. open access for everyone everywhere. mexico's doing pretty good with high powered weapons as well. wanna live like that ?

so far as i can tell you are for the 7-11 and vending machine access.

please come up with anything compelling otherwise. you can't have it both ways. what do you want ?

edit : every yahoo who claims they don't give a shit about the law also seems to love the second amendment.
why only love one law ? or is living as a hypocrite another "god given" right ?

Alright I’m gonna start this off top with, I’ve been extremely tactful and respectful with my answers. I have tried to engage thoughtfully and in good faith while keeping accusations and emotions out of it as much as possible. I ask that everyone else attempting to engage does the same. This is a good conversation that can easily turn emotional and negative so just take a breath before you respond, possibly even come back a few hours later after if you need to. With that I’ll answer:

you figure being male is the problem? :rofl:
propose an answer.

Yes, I do. We begin with stripping these perverse western judeo notions of what makes men “manly” and “tough” for starters. Judeo ethics and values both western and eastern have ravaged our societies and crushed humanity under spiritually oppressive chains turning us into animals whose only hope of salvation comes from some fancily dressed priest who can’t resist touching children.

We have made our children, more specifically our boys feel like the only way they can have value is if they’re strong warriors ready to fight anyone who would oppose them or their way of life. That they have to be these unfeeling monsters to be seen. They have to be these chivalrous knights and protectors to have worth. Taught that their emotions are hindrances and weaknesses to be preyed upon.

This is the perfect person for gun manufacturers to target with ads preying on their fear and insecurities. Churning out these images of gloriously valorous citizens defending their freedoms like “Soldiers”. Young men can’t resist the siren call of a gun manufacturer when they’ve been brought up on this judeo propaganda. Just think about how often religious quotes and figures are referenced to and by these manufactures. The religious imagery they use in advertising. It’s all wholly perverted.

i do know a way to at least keep the carnage down while you muse. you don't wanna contemplate that however. because it's sane.

access is an issue whether you like it or not. there wouldn't be fewer fentanyl deaths if it was legal. or are you for legal fentanyl as well ?

I’ve contemplated it and I don’t believe it will have the effect you believe. Limiting access doesn’t solve the problem and I’ll explain why I believe this in answer to your below comment.

Also yes, I am for legal drugs period. I find it interesting that you as a grower and Cannabis user can decide where the line is in terms of which drugs should be legal and which should not. I believe all drugs should be legal. I also believe education on those drugs and safe places should exist to access those drugs. I don’t think you should have to pass some test or display some level of knowledge to access those places either. Simply show you are of age and are a part of said community.

Drugs exist, and they’re always going to exist, pretending they don’t and outlawing them makes the problem worse. It forces people into hiding, lying, deception. It traps people with addictions too fearful of repercussion to speak up, too fearful of judgement to ask for help. Ostracizing those in need to justify some misguided notion of right and wrong will never be correct.

Alcohol is a scourge on our species yet we openly market it and consume it. We celebrate it, hell we even have holidays where it plays a central role. It disgusts me. I don’t think it should be outlawed though. Just because someone chooses another vice doesn’t mean they should be forced underground to deal with shady cartels and criminals.

How dare we pick and choose which vices are acceptable and which aren’t.

gun control is either wide open or regulated. which do you want ?

I disagree. Gun control is either wide open or total and complete, no in between. Manufacturers have no reason to close up shop and stop creating guns as long as they’re still a legal product to be sold somewhere. The reason those places that have strict gun control yet incredible gun violence is for this reason. The guns are still being made, marketed and sold.

Gun control in one place just means that now only the criminals will have guns because just next door they’re still pumping out guns, and the only people that care about gun control are law abiding citizens. Criminals will still scoop them up and bring them across whatever imaginary line we’ve dreamed up.

wide open argues we are only safe if we are all equally armed. is that the society you want your kids going to school in ?

did you have to go through active shooter drills as a child in school ? do you think that's normal ? your kids do.

Wide open argues that I’m not a starry eyed dreamer. I don’t believe making it harder for me to access something is going to make any tangible difference when what we have is a cultural issue driven by insane corporate greed. Violent young men are being produced like a commodity here, primed to go out and take a life just so guns can be sold.

I don’t send my children to school for a vast amount of reasons. Active shooter drills are a small part of that but it goes much further beyond that. I’m not all talk. I understand that to break these cycles all things have to be done differently and that starts with stopping their exposure at impressionable ages to these perverted western judeo beliefs that we continue to indoctrinate our children with.

all active school shooters used legally acquired weapons. i'm happy that you feel no need to worry for your kids.
they might be better served by those vending machines when it comes to it.

it's not about barrier. it's about applying a sane law equally across all lines and meaning it. there isn't one now

You seem to like to make a lot of assumptions about me and my arguments without knowing the full depth or complexity. Does this subject touch you personally? I’m not trying to be a smart ass I’m genuinely wondering, perhaps you have more you can share from your experiences?

exactly what i suggested. open access for everyone everywhere. mexico's doing pretty good with high powered weapons as well. wanna live like that ?

so far as i can tell you are for the 7-11 and vending machine access.

please come up with anything compelling otherwise. you can't have it both ways. what do you want ?

I want us to stop allowing gun manufacturers to advertise for starters. It’s completely unnecessary. When I go the hardware store to buy what I need I either know exactly what I want and how to use it or I ask for help. I don’t need to be awash in these weird hero fetish disaster responder fantasies where a good guy with a gun saves the world, that’s just not reality and is super weird.

Our nation has had weapons for a long time and this has only recently (relatively) become such an issue because of our greed and our culture. We allow gun manufacturers and media to gas our children up into believing everyone is one move away from an all out gun battle on the streets and that only a hero with a sweet kit and awesome weapon skills can save the day.

There is an entire generation of lost young men out there committing incredibly heartless and violent crimes and your solution is to lock the tools up. That’s not going to fix anything. I don’t know if you remember being a young man (or woman) but locking stuff up doesn’t work. I’m either gonna find my way in or around. Half assing the problem isn’t a solution.

edit : every yahoo who claims they don't give a shit about the law also seems to love the second amendment.
why only love one law ? or is living as a hypocrite another "god given" right ?

I could honestly give a shit about a law or legalities or rights, I said that very plainly, but I agree with what you’re saying. This is also why I said most libertarians are just republicans with weed. They don’t truly want to have a libertarian society they just want to be able to fetishize guns and grow weed.

As Bertrand Russell wrote in his History of Western Philosophy (1945):
‘Uncertainty, in the presence of vivid hopes and fears, is painful, but must be endured if we wish to live without the support of comforting fairy tales.’

you guys need to stop reading your own stuff and look for more outside input

Meh.. humans aren’t integers and morals are subjective. Each one of those arguments he put forth assumes everyone is a stranger to one another and we’re all just plodding around each other with no connections. What’s moral and just to one person could be perverted and insane to another.

Yes, I do. We begin with stripping these perverse western judeo notions of what makes men “manly” and “tough” for starters. Judeo ethics and values both western and eastern have ravaged our societies and crushed humanity under spiritually oppressive chains turning us into animals whose only hope of salvation comes from some fancily dressed priest who can’t resist touching children.

We have made our children, more specifically our boys feel like the only way they can have value is if they’re strong warriors ready to fight anyone who would oppose them or their way of life. That they have to be these unfeeling monsters to be seen. They have to be these chivalrous knights and protectors to have worth. Taught that their emotions are hindrances and weaknesses to be preyed upon.

this is central to the north american ideal and strongly rooted in culture. changing it means changing the foundational identity at the center. not easily accomplished.

freedom strength and weaponry are all interwoven into the fabric of society and the collective idea of manhood. how are we gonna undo that ?

This is the perfect person for gun manufacturers to target with ads preying on their fear and insecurities. Churning out these images of gloriously valorous citizens defending their freedoms like “Soldiers”. Young men can’t resist the siren call of a gun manufacturer when they’ve been brought up on this judeo propaganda. Just think about how often religious quotes and figures are referenced to and by these manufactures. The religious imagery they use in advertising. It’s all wholly perverted.

it is promoted, echoed, and manipulated by media, celebrities, and politicians all for personal power and economic gain.

there are literally thousands of political ads featuring some 50 yr old lumpy ass brandishing or using weapons.

I’ve contemplated it and I don’t believe it will have the effect you believe. Limiting access doesn’t solve the problem and I’ll explain why I believe this in answer to your below comment.

time and again reducing access to harmful substances and products has proven to be useful in battling problems. even tobacco here is severely restricted and taxed as a preventative measure. alcohol is another product that falls under the same scrutiny.

we have many remote communities here that have outlawed the sale of alcohol.

both are legal and can be bought almost everywhere. both are controlled. both still cause personal and societal problems, but the worst effects have been curtailed, because society deemed the harm of access to be too great.

there is no reason a similar approach couldn't be taken with weapons. at present we are no longer able to purchase new handguns for private use. the use of a handgun to commit an offense will soon carry a heavier penalty as well.

at present our gov't is increasing access to alcohol by allowing more retailers. it has been noted that an increase in dui and other alcohol related issues have been on the rise along with it. it illustrates how access and the problems it causes are in a direct relationship.

Also yes, I am for legal drugs period. I find it interesting that you as a grower and Cannabis user can decide where the line is in terms of which drugs should be legal and which should not. I believe all drugs should be legal. I also believe education on those drugs and safe places should exist to access those drugs. I don’t think you should have to pass some test or display some level of knowledge to access those places either. Simply show you are of age and are a part of said community.

go hang out on vancouver's east side if you wanna see what open access to illicit drugs is like. you will need your weapon.

they recently made it legal to carry up to 2.5 grams of any substance out there. that's enough fentanyl to take out a city block. it's widely seen as authority, society, the police etc, waving a white flag and giving up.

Drugs exist, and they’re always going to exist, pretending they don’t and outlawing them makes the problem worse. It forces people into hiding, lying, deception.

fentanyl is currently being used as an underground weapon against us with the full support and help of an adversarial foreign gov't - china. it is part of an overall sub-military strategy designed to weaken north america and the US in particular. it all starts with one place. there is a literal drug war now. i don't think continuing allowing them to poison us will help.

It traps people with addictions too fearful of repercussion to speak up, too fearful of judgement to ask for help. Ostracizing those in need to justify some misguided notion of right and wrong will never be correct.

they need our support. addiction is horrible. many never make it. but many come back from it, some stronger for the experience. it's our job to help those that want it.

Alcohol is a scourge on our species yet we openly market it and consume it. We celebrate it, hell we even have holidays where it plays a central role. It disgusts me. I don’t think it should be outlawed though. Just because someone chooses another vice doesn’t mean they should be forced underground to deal with shady cartels and criminals.

again, we have many communities here that have been forced into exactly that. oddly jack daniels is famously produced in a county where alcohol isn't legal.

How dare we pick and choose which vices are acceptable and which aren’t.

how dare we not. it's called responsibility. it goes past the personal. we must decide democratically. democracy is about compromise. it's about the majority, not making everyone happy 100% of the time.

I disagree. Gun control is either wide open or total and complete, no in between. Manufacturers have no reason to close up shop and stop creating guns as long as they’re still a legal product to be sold somewhere

not all of them have to be legal. that's why it's called control, not banishment.

you can still buy cigarettes. you can't smoke them indoor in a bar or restaurant anywhere here though. most welcomed the change. smoking rates have dropped dramatically.

now they are turning to vapes, but that is being restricted here as well.

The reason those places that have strict gun control yet incredible gun violence is for this reason.

honestly don't know where you are talking about. where are "those places" of which you speak ?

everything i've seen suggests a reduction in gun violence where they are restricted.

both england and japan are cited often in these studies. there are a few other places like austraila, norway, denmark as well where restricting access has shown a direct reduction in gun violence.

notably all those places also have a greater degree of access to employment help, medical coverage, and mental health support as well.

where i am gun violence is increasing. this is occurring while access to employment help, medical coverage, and mental health support have been curtailed, while gun access, in particular illegal weapons, has increased. we are going the wrong direction.

Gun control in one place just means that now only the criminals will have guns because just next door they’re still pumping out guns, and the only people that care about gun control are law abiding citizens. Criminals will still scoop them up and bring them across whatever imaginary line we’ve dreamed up.

that argument has been made time again. it's straight back the "they" have weapons so "we" need them bawling of the fearful. a similar problem we are running into here.

simple answer is make the mfgrs responsible. they did it with tobacco. guns are a product like any other. a few 100 million or billion dollar lawsuits will change that right quick. the industry itself can self regulate if incentivized.

Wide open argues that I’m not a starry eyed dreamer. I don’t believe making it harder for me to access something is going to make any tangible difference when what we have is a cultural issue driven by insane corporate greed.

at the end of the day, access is the tool. it's not the only answer. it's where it begins, not ends.

Violent young men are being produced like a commodity here, primed to go out and take a life just so guns can be sold.

that is a societal issue near the root of the problem. the gun issue is central to it, but not the primary cause as you have pointed out. it is a symptom.

I don’t send my children to school for a vast amount of reasons. Active shooter drills are a small part of that but it goes much further beyond that. I’m not all talk. I understand that to break these cycles all things have to be done differently and that starts with stopping their exposure at impressionable ages to these perverted western judeo beliefs that we continue to indoctrinate our children with.

home schooling is becoming more of a trend. the problem is they still have to go to the malls, the churches, the concerts, the clubs, the grocery stores, the sporting events, all of which are targets now. the base problem is there is nowhere safe in america from gun violence now.

You seem to like to make a lot of assumptions about me and my arguments without knowing the full depth or complexity. Does this subject touch you personally? I’m not trying to be a smart ass I’m genuinely wondering, perhaps you have more you can share from your experiences?

we've had a bout of trouble here. two folk i know have been shot. there's a crisis surrounding illegal weapons from the US. gangs have become more armed recently and bolder as a result. it's come on the heels of fentanyl crashing across the nation.

fentanyl from china, guns from the US.

I want us to stop allowing gun manufacturers to advertise for starters. It’s completely unnecessary. When I go the hardware store to buy what I need I either know exactly what I want and how to use it or I ask for help. I don’t need to be awash in these weird hero fetish disaster responder fantasies where a good guy with a gun saves the world, that’s just not reality and is super weird.

tobacco advertising is restricted here. alcohol advertising is closely controlled as well.

Our nation has had weapons for a long time and this has only recently (relatively) become such an issue because of our greed and our culture. We allow gun manufacturers and media to gas our children up into believing everyone is one move away from an all out gun battle on the streets and that only a hero with a sweet kit and awesome weapon skills can save the day.

it's the hollywood hero syndrome. again guns, manhood, and freedom are all wrapped into one false persona and sold.

There is an entire generation of lost young men out there committing incredibly heartless and violent crimes and your solution is to lock the tools up.

yes. the tools they use to kill. it is only one part of the solution, but it's where to start.

That’s not going to fix anything. I don’t know if you remember being a young man (or woman) but locking stuff up doesn’t work. I’m either gonna find my way in or around. Half assing the problem isn’t a solution.

it's gonna slow bad folk down and squelch the body count. the activity of "getting around" the law is suspicious enough to cause scrutiny. with diligence it can be stopped before they commit something horrendous.

I could honestly give a shit about a law or legalities or rights, I said that very plainly, but I agree with what you’re saying. This is also why I said most libertarians are just republicans with weed. They don’t truly want to have a libertarian society they just want to be able to fetishize guns and grow weed.

libertarianism is right wing anarchy. in practice it looks exactly like left wing anarchy.

Back
Top Bottom