Barney's Pineapple Express - Help

KevTxr - You really reall need to resist the urge to do everything.

Your plants did not need water. You gave them some water. What does that mean?

One answer: You may have caused the roots to be lazy and not grow deep.
Another answer: You may have encouraged mold or other stuff to grow in the surface of the soil.

Your plant did not need extra soil, but you added extra soil. What does that mean?

One answer: You have slowed growth for a couple of days as your plant spends energy growing roots higher on the stem.

There is talk about nutes: If you add nutes, what will happen?

one answer: You might kill your plant.

- - - - -

The things that would help right now are:
Get yourself a cheap weather station to measure high/low temperatures and high/low humidity. These values help a plant grow more than nutes.

A cheap weather monitor (try to keep it cleaner than I do.)

20170607_143537-1.jpg

Find out how good your water is - Are you using tap water? Have you looked at the water report from your local utility? (it's online.)
What do you do about the chlorine in the water?

How far away are you lights?

I usually start with CFLs about 4-5 inches above the canopy of the seedling. As the plants grow, I let them get to 2 inches from the light. By the time they get to 4 nodes they are 1-2 inches away from the light.

p.s. all this stuff about PPM doesn't apply to your plants growing in soil

Hey dude thanks for the information, to be honest yeah I'm quite fidgety with it since it's my first time. I added soil for extra support for the plant and added more water because I put my finger in the pot about 3 inches deep and it felt dry as fuck.

Also would u recommend me lst if I don't want it to grow too big? I want more potency that yield tbh

Hey dude thanks for the information, to be honest yeah I'm quite fidgety with it since it's my first time. I added soil for extra support for the plant and added more water because I put my finger in the pot about 3 inches deep and it felt dry as fuck.

Also would u recommend me lst if I don't want it to grow too big? I want more potency that yield tbh

I'd say get one of those cheapy soil probes - They look like a metal knitting needle with aplastic meter at one end to measure moisture. You can poke these all the way to te bottom of the pot. Once you have 6 leaves, your roots have reached the bottom of the pot, so you don't need to add water until your soil probe goes down to the bottom inch before finding water.

When I water, I soak the whole pot in a plastic bucket for 10-15 minutes so the soil is fully wet. This encourages roots to grow everywhere in the soil. Big rootballs equal big yields.

Potency is a mostly combination of genetics, good light, and harvesting at the right time.
The flavor (terpenes) also contribute to potency and can be helped with good soil, nutrients, and good curing after harvest.

Yield is mostly watering, temperature, good light, humidity, nutrients, and time.

So there is not a tradeoff between potency and yield, you can have both. :)

- -

I think all seedlings should be topped once followed by LST unless you have space to grow 10-12' tall plants.

LST during veg (before flower time) can help a lot with lower height and higher yield.

If height is a problem supercropping and scrog can help, even during flower

- - -

To harvest at the right time, I suggest a 30x or 40x loupe (bigger eye hole is better) so you can look at the shape and color of the trichomes (the frost) on your buds.

- - -

Fidgety with your grow room is good - just get fidgetty about the environmentals (temperature, air flow, humidity, and light) and the quality of your soil, water, and nutrients.

Given a good environment, your plants will thrive without a lot of attention :)

I'd say get one of those cheapy soil probes - They look like a metal knitting needle with aplastic meter at one end to measure moisture. You can poke these all the way to te bottom of the pot. Once you have 6 leaves, your roots have reached the bottom of the pot, so you don't need to add water until your soil probe goes down to the bottom inch before finding water.

When I water, I soak the whole pot in a plastic bucket for 10-15 minutes so the soil is fully wet. This encourages roots to grow everywhere in the soil. Big rootballs equal big yields.

Potency is a mostly combination of genetics, good light, and harvesting at the right time.
The flavor (terpenes) also contribute to potency and can be helped with good soil, nutrients, and good curing after harvest.

Yield is mostly watering, temperature, good light, humidity, nutrients, and bigger roots.

So there is not a tradeoff between potency and yield, you can have both. :)

- -

I think all seedlings should be topped once followed by LST unless you have space to grow 10-12' tall plants.

LST during veg (before flower time) can help a lot with lower height and higher yield.

If height is a problem supercropping and scrog can help, even during flower

- - -

To harvest at the right time, I suggest a 30x or 40x loupe (bigger eye hole is better) so you can look at the shape and color of the trichomes (the frost) on your buds.

Thanks bro. How would u suggest I LST the plant ?

Thanks bro. How would u suggest I LST the plant ?

I just remembered that Pineapple Express is an autoflower - I haven't grown autoflowers but I have been told they don't like to be slowed down when they grow.

The Hawaiian plants often try to grow one big cola, which is pretty. Pineapple express is supposed to be a short plant, so I suggest you don't want a lot of LST.

Start with topping the plant when it has tiny leaves in the center, pinch them off with your fingernails or cut them off (one cut) with trimming scissors.

A few days later, when the two branches from that point are about 2" long, train them sideways by holding them apart in a flattened V shape. This should help the branches below catch up and get larger. AND reduce the overallheight of your girls.

If it were a photoperiod plant I would prune and LST more aggressively - let's see if someone more expert in autoflower training jumps in and tells me I'm giving bad advice.

- - -

p.s. Get those lights down close if you can and run them 20 hours on/4 off - Autoflowers like to be pushed to grow FAST !

KevTxr - You really reall need to resist the urge to do everything.

Your plants did not need water. You gave them some water. What does that mean?

One answer: You may have caused the roots to be lazy and not grow deep.
Another answer: You may have encouraged mold or other stuff to grow in the surface of the soil.

Your plant did not need extra soil, but you added extra soil. What does that mean?

One answer: You have slowed growth for a couple of days as your plant spends energy growing roots higher on the stem.

There is talk about nutes: If you add nutes, what will happen?

one answer: You might kill your plant.

- - - - -

The things that would help right now are:
Get yourself a cheap weather station to measure high/low temperatures and high/low humidity. These values help a plant grow more than nutes.

A cheap weather monitor (try to keep it cleaner than I do.)

20170607_143537-1.jpg

Find out how good your water is - Are you using tap water? Have you looked at the water report from your local utility? (it's online.)
What do you do about the chlorine in the water?

How far away are you lights?

I usually start with CFLs about 4-5 inches above the canopy of the seedling. As the plants grow, I let them get to 2 inches from the light. By the time they get to 4 nodes they are 1-2 inches away from the light.

p.s. all this stuff about PPM doesn't apply to your plants growing in soil

As am new and all what you just said wrong I have done but I'm growing in soil I understand there photos but surely there not much difference between the two, please enlighten me as I love learning

Once you top and lst an auto be careful with additional training, topping and training should occur between 14-21 old. Then let it recover and get itself ready for bloom.

Once I want it to stop growing in high can I do anything to make that happen because I'm doing it quite stealthy and I don't want it to get tooooo tooo big

Don't worry until you have to. Don't forget the top after the 3rd node... it really helps the AUTOs bush out a little. My experience with AUTOs is they never get very big in soil so you're about perfect. They won't get too big trust me... they may get a little spindly with the low light you're using. But so far they look perfect no droppy, everything looks good...

You wanna go over and fiddle with the plants don't you?? Don't do it... its a plant, plants like other plants not so much animals and humans.

Less is more... we got you if you run into any issues. The main issues are usually self induced and the hardest to fix! Let em grow. They look perfect.

What Rad said ..... he speaks the truth.

Don't worry until you have to. Don't forget the top after the 3rd node... it really helps the AUTOs bush out a little. My experience with AUTOs is they never get very big in soil so you're about perfect. They won't get too big trust me... they may get a little spindly with the low light you're using. But so far they look perfect no droppy, everything looks good...

You wanna go over and fiddle with the plants don't you?? Don't do it... its a plant, plants like other plants not so much animals and humans.

Less is more... we got you if you run into any issues. The main issues are usually self induced and the hardest to fix! Let em grow. They look perfect.

What Rad said ..... he speaks the truth.

What do you mean by top after 3rd node?

Once you top and lst an auto be careful with additional training, topping and training should occur between 14-21 old. Then let it recover and get itself ready for bloom.

I wish I read this the other day lol I snapped one node from the bottom speaking to the top but it was about 25-27 days into the flip or flowering in a autos case I'm guessing I barely used tension about the same as always when I saw fresh growth I like the idea of doing it with metal or plastic pulleys people are using when there babies to train them from about a week from popping up .

Hey guys I'm back after a couple days just a quick update. I've topped both my plants now and they seem to have reacted well please have a look at them and give me some advice they're are 19 nights old I haven't been watering too much just once every 4-5 days

Back
Top Bottom