BBD32's First Grow - 6 Strains - 12 Plants - 1000W - Medical Grow!

Just tap or pound the bottom of the bucket and squeeze around the sides so anything stuck to the inside wall of the pot lets go then pop it into something bigger. Don't flip it to 12/12 for a week or two until it fully recoups from the transplant but you should be fine. You're bound to lose a few roots and a small amount won't do any noticeable damage.

Well, in the process of adding the 2nd 1k MH. Had to rotate the lights to fit in the room properly. Plants are looking great except one that continues to stretch for no reason. Probably going to FIM it a couple times to try and get it to bush out a little...

IMG_20150505_130611956_HDR.jpg

I have 2 fans on them and an inline exhaust. So a good amount of air moving around. Rh was at 50. But I just noticed some heat stress. Highest temp was 79.8 degrees. I didn't realize the light needed to be raised. It was at 17" from the tops, now it's at 21". Hopefully that helps, I'm pretty sure they will recover quickly.

Subbed up! Everything is lookin' good over here my friend! :cheesygrinsmiley:

80* isn't too high at all, Recently I've been about 81+ day time and 70* night time. Dan is right, keep that air moving and everything should be fine... you're ladies don't seem to mind at all!

Welcome... and thanks for the info guys. I guess I'm actually quite lucky that I can run 2-1000w Lights without needing an air conditioner. The plants are averaging just above 24" now. I'm going to try and get some tomato cages on them this weekend (thanks for the tip Steviodaddio), just depends on if I have to work.

I know the rule of thumb is 1 gallon for every foot of vertical growth, which brings me to my next dilemma. Should these be transplanted? If so, should I go with 7 or 10 gallon pots. I'm assuming someone would say it depends on how much longer I plan to veg... The truth is, I'm not sure. I was hoping to have some flowering by now. Best guess, a week until flower for 2 plants and then 2 more plants every 2 weeks will be rotated. I also had a 3rd patient ask if I would be their caregiver, so in roughly 2 weeks I will be allowed 36 plants. My plan is to flower my weakest plants first (the ones I don't plan to clone), and save the strongest for last. As always, any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Well I talked to a local caregiver that I know pretty well and he told me I may be better off taking a clone or 2 from the strong plants then flowing all 12. That would save me from having to buy the larger pots and more soil. With having my 3rd patient paperwork in the mail, I'll be allowed 7.5oz. So assuming they don't finish all the same week, I should be good. What do you guys think. Pull clones and flower them all? Or bite the bullet and buy larger pots and more soil? The pots aren't much but the soil will cost roughly $300.

I'd throw them into flower man! I waited and waited on mine and they became almost a headache with how large they were. If I could go back I would have thrown them into flower and called it a day. Not upset with how much I've yielded so far but it was a lesson well learned in my book. You won't be upset with your yield and it will be much less work dealing with 12 that are flowering at this size rather than 12 monsters that you have to do a ton more work to train and support once they become too heavy to self-support.

Flower smaller = train better for the best use of light to minimize popcorn bud, less trellising/support work, less nutrients, less time to get onto your next crop.

Yeah I think your right... I'm going to switch to flower shortly. How long after taking clones should I wait?

Also I've noticed some issues with the leaves, the bottom fan leaves on most the plants are shriveled and yellow, a couple have some sort of deficiency, and I believe I gave a little too much calmag as some are showing minor nute burn. What do you think?

20150513_133056.JPG
IMG_20150513_132831002.jpg
IMG_20150513_132856479.jpg

They aren't getting light is my guess. I would just grab em and pull em off.

You can put your ladies into flower immediately after you clone them, those girls are pretty big from the looks of it so I doubt they will be very stressed from the cloning. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Yep, not enough light. A mild defol might be in order before you switch to flower, but that is your choice. It does look like you burned them a little bit, but nothing to be too alarmed with. Just dial down your next feed and make sure that the next watering is clear water with no nutes.

Glad to hear it was just a lack of light issue with the bottom leaves. I won't feed this watering, maybe not the next two since they are needing water every 2 days now. I really want to defoliate them, I'm just nervous I will cut off something I'm not supposed to. Might have to watch a couple videos before I attempt it. I will post more pictures as soon as I defoliate them.

I was also wondering if it mattered where I pulled the clones from. I didn't know if the higher up the plant you went the stronger your clones would be, if it doesn't matter I'll just take them from the bottom of the plants when i defoliate.

Glad to hear it was just a lack of light issue with the bottom leaves. I won't feed this watering, maybe not the next two since they are needing water every 2 days now. I really want to defoliate them, I'm just nervous I will cut off something I'm not supposed to. Might have to watch a couple videos before I attempt it. I will post more pictures as soon as I defoliate them.

I was also wondering if it mattered where I pulled the clones from. I didn't know if the higher up the plant you went the stronger your clones would be, if it doesn't matter I'll just take them from the bottom of the plants when i defoliate.

I personally like to clone the tops of shoots. So that they have a thick stalk and are sticking straight up.

You can take them from where ever you want though, leave 3 or so leaves and you should be good.

Don't stress about defoliating. Take a few water leaves off and nothing else. No matter the size I wait at least 4-6 days after taking cuttings to do any major changes, especially when I take them from the top. Aside from that you're looking in the clear to flip over to flower relatively soon. I'm really curious to see the weight you'll pull!

Regarding the Cal-mag, I think it's hard to overdose a plant on that within reason. I would just give them a nice 6.5 pH flush and continue with what you're doing.

Well, thought I would do some minor defoliating before I left for work today... Only got 3 plants done then I decided to wait and see how they react before going on to the rest.

Im also very curious on how much I'll yield, I will probably veg and flower the next batch at 600w just to see the difference

Quick update... A couple of my plants appear to have what I'm guessing is a nitrogen deficiency.

IMG_20150517_173633280.jpg
IMG_20150517_173754378.jpg

Also this one is a super silver haze and for some reason has drooping twisted leaves. I'm positive it's not from watering.

IMG_20150517_173942570.jpg

Over all the rest look to be doing very well

10441.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom