BBD32's First Grow - 6 Strains - 12 Plants - 1000W - Medical Grow!

That's odd you would see a soil pH problem this late into veg. Some just want more nitrogen in veg compared to others. I noticed it with a few of mine that some were really sucking up the nitrogen insanely quick so I had to mix up a different solution with some nitrogen additives and it took care of it. I also noticed on one specific plant that the soil was compacted so I had to punch a few holes for water to seep down into and that helped with the yellowing where some branches were not getting fed enough. I'm going to add extra perlite this round and see if it takes care of the issue or if I experience something similar.

The SSH looks like the pH is just slightly out of whack and some over watering. Are you hitting 6.5 every water or does it fluctuate a decent amount? I don't think it looks bad, not showing anything too crazy except too much water but lay off that one a bit and you should be fine.

:thumb:

No fluctuation that I know of. I calibrate my blue lab every couple weeks and it's always right on. I will let the ssh go an extra day or two without watering. One of my concerns now is that this soil is made for plants to finish flowing at less than 4ft. Mine are roughly 28" tall and 25" wide already. So at some point I know I'll have to add notes. I've been working on my new veg and flower room though so within a few days I'll post pics of the new setup.

OK. I know that different plants even though they are the same strain can grow at different rates but one of my plants is fully retarded. It's over 4ft tall, not bushy at all, does not get heat stress, and had been growing 1-1/2" - 2" per day. I'm either going to turn her into an outside plant or kill her since I can't let the 1 plant dictate the heith of my light. Any suggestions?

When do you anticipate flipping them over to 12/12? I would cut her a few inches lower than the rest and use what you have for clones or cut it accordingly (if you cut 10" off for one clone but can go 12" for two, go for 12). I would give her a few days rest before you flip them though. Don't forget that if you're cutting a thicker, main stem that it'll be harder and may take longer to root.

You could also bend her over and leave her. Don't forget tomato cages or some sort of support, whatever you plant on doing. Yo-yo's and gumby string are a pain in the ass when you're trying to individually hang up heavy branches later down the road and you'll entirely regret not doing some sort of support before! Take it from my horrible experience :laughtwo:

When do you anticipate flipping them over to 12/12? I would cut her a few inches lower than the rest and use what you have for clones or cut it accordingly (if you cut 10" off for one clone but can go 12" for two, go for 12). I would give her a few days rest before you flip them though. Don't forget that if you're cutting a thicker, main stem that it'll be harder and may take longer to root.

You could also bend her over and leave her. Don't forget tomato cages or some sort of support, whatever you plant on doing. Yo-yo's and gumby string are a pain in the ass when you're trying to individually hang up heavy branches later down the road and you'll entirely regret not doing some sort of support before! Take it from my horrible experience :laughtwo:

Im hoping to switch them to 12/12 next weekend. And I will be putting the tomato cages on them right before I switch them over. I have seen a few people that recommend leaving the plants in complete darkness for 2-3 days in between the 16/8 and 12/12 cycles, have you had any experience with doing this?

Thanks for the input.

Time for another update, this time I needed to defoliate so I took a picture of each individual plant (for some reason I forgot a couple pics). I also measured each one. All 12 are have been showing pre-flower pistils for awhile now. The SSH has amber/orange pistils for some reason.

Not Pictured... 27" Super Lemon Haze and 25" Blue Cheese. Both actually looked really good, will get the pics of these two soon.

First up is a 27" tall Northern Lights
IMG_20150523_164704083_HDR.jpg

Not so great 19" Pineapple Chunk
IMG_20150523_165938487_HDR.jpg

32" Pineapple Chunk
IMG_20150523_170632126_HDR.jpg

29" LSD
IMG_20150523_172319593_HDR.jpg

31" Northern Lights
IMG_20150523_173115441_HDR.jpg

23" LSD
IMG_20150523_174549889_HDR.jpg

This is my retarded Pineapple Chunk at 49".
IMG_20150523_175007888_HDR.jpg

Pineapple Chunk 31"
IMG_20150523_175729693_HDR.jpg

This is my Super Silver Haze that is not doing so hot. I believe she is being stressed constantly with having to hold up her own weight.
IMG_20150523_180654313_HDR.jpg

Also on the SSH, the pre-flowers are amber... Not sure why or if that is a bad thing.
IMG_20150523_180904852.jpg

30" Super Lemon Haze
IMG_20150523_181630311.jpg

Total leaves taken off 12 plants so far.
IMG_20150523_184416590_HDR.jpg

Still need to sweep and mop, but didn't want to keep them out of the room too long at one time.
IMG_20150523_184747831.jpg

I also ended up taking 10 clones... 2 of every strain except the SSH since I didn't like how mine was growing. Will post pictures of these in a few days if they make it.

Only having 16 hours it's not going to shock them just switching to 12. The only time I've ever really heard of guys doing complete darkness is if they're running 20 hours or more per day but I'm sure there's someone out there that does give them at least 24 hours of darkness even from only 16 or 18 hours a day. I went from 24 to 12 and didn't see any problems with mine but I also switch over to hps for the last week of veg. Not even sure if it's beneficial or helps the plant from shock but I guess it's just what I was told to do by my brother, probably should figure that out. Lol. Once you get them into flower you should also consider lolly popping to get rid of the bottom that will produce little to no bud taking up energy.

That SSH looks under watered possibly.

Not sure why I put 16/8... I'm actually doing 18/6, sorry about that. As for the SSH I've tried watering extra, and also tried drying out, nothing seems to help her.

Well my first attempt at cloning was a massive fail. Only 2 of them actually look like they will make it, all the others folded over and are pretty much laying flat. Are the ez cloners worth the money?

18/6 isn't a huge change to 12/12 so I wouldn't worry about it, but there's bound to be someone out there to disagree. As far as cloning I'm 3 for 3 with my EzCloner and they're a breeze as long as you can keep your water temps down to 70ish. Even if you get a 16 site instead of the 60 or larger it's a good a setup. I have the 60 site one and I wish I would have gone smaller. There plenty of ways to clone without a cloner though, root riot cubes and even guys who just mix up a simple solution and throw their cuttings into individual ups and they eventually root. There's a few how to guides on here I believe and I would definitely check them out.

Yeah I've read a few of the how to guides... But I think my big problem is lack of outlets. I can't plug anything else in inside my grow room or I'll overload the breaker. So I had to put the clones in a sperate room that stays roughly 70 degrees with very little humidity. I did use the root riot cubes and cloning solution. This go around I may either try my heating mat under it, or just buy an ez cloner if I can find one decently priced.

Yeah I've read a few of the how to guides... But I think my big problem is lack of outlets. I can't plug anything else in inside my grow room or I'll overload the breaker. So I had to put the clones in a sperate room that stays roughly 70 degrees with very little humidity. I did use the root riot cubes and cloning solution. This go around I may either try my heating mat under it, or just buy an ez cloner if I can find one decently priced.

Gotta get that room and 240v set up dude! Or just run a short extension cord into the room you're growing in. As long as you're not exceeding some crazy footage amount you should be alright. Low humidity isn't always terrible and it's certainly possible to get cuttings started in low humidity. It's harder to maintain keeping the riot cubes moist but still possible. Heard of guys soaking their riot cubes in a clonex mix for 24 hours and then sticking em in but I haven't attempted that. You should check out the guys that just throw them in a cloning solution in a cup of water and leave em for a week or two. Intriguing how they get them to root just chillin' in water. Keep at it, maybe they'll perk up with a little TLC.

Question, did you end up taking clones off the bottom or tops?

I know, having my rooms done will solve a lot of my problems. As of now I kids just need to hang the reflective material and have it wired. I'm currently down between the 25 site clone king, because it's so cheap. Or the 24 site turbo klone with dome. Not sure if I can justify spending an extra $100 to get the turbo, but maybe I need to.

Back
Top Bottom