BBD32's First Grow - 6 Strains - 12 Plants - 1000W - Medical Grow!

Yes you can space them apart! Remember the footprint on those XXXL hoods is roughly 5x5. If you utilize your light properly and feed them perfectly I don't think you would have any issue with anywhere from 4-8 ounces a plant. I had one that was about that size when I threw into flower and I pulled just under 7 ounces from it with high heat and humidity for a few weeks I struggled to control my room. I also did back building on it and if you haven't looked it up, look into it. Don't get caught up on numbers from other journals like I did and expect some crazy return! Just try your hardest to keep everything dialed in and utilize your light. I'll repeat that, UTILIZE YOUR LIGHT. Once you dial that in you'll reap the rewards of having a journal where you pull solid weight every run. I've received a lot of compliments from having nearly 6,000 watts in my flower room (because who doesn't like big numbers?) but when I realized that guys were pulling comparable or more weight with less plants and half the light I wasn't too impressed with myself. Trellis them and train them to get light down to the deeper parts in the plant and you'll have less popcorn bud to worry about.

As far as a third light and with how big those will get, I probably would add that third light in the next few weeks and only put 4 under 1 light.

Lol if I averaged over 4oz/plant I'd crap myself. That back building looks interesting, I will probably try it on a few plants so I can see the difference. I seen a lot of people super cropping before they install their trellis net. I wouldn't be able to super crop all my plants as I don't have a whole lot of room left but is it still early enough for me to super crop a few of them?

Quick update... One of my extension cords died on me and I have no idea how long my plants were in the dark, somewhere between 24 and 72 hours. Not too impressed. But other then some excessive stretching they seem to be doing very well. I ended up bending the top on the tallest plant to keep it in the light.

On day 10 of flowering...

IMG_20150619_015513825_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150619_015553951.jpg
IMG_20150619_015615387.jpg
IMG_20150619_015526258.jpg
IMG_20150619_015535670.jpg
IMG_20150619_015607097.jpg

48" from top of the soil

IMG_20150619_015715381.jpg

This weekend I will be speeding out the lights, hopefully adding a third light and net as well. Just depends on what I get done before it's lights out time

Everything looking well as far as female flowers and no male parts or hermies? Bummer about the extension cord but as long as they werent in complete dark and the other bulb was running next to it in the room they had enough light that it wouldn't mess them up. Get that trellis net in before they stretch anymore! I would also cut a ton of the crap out of the base of the plant that light won't be hitting so all the energy of the plant is focused on the top growth where colas are actually forming. Back build all of them! You won't regret it. If any leave only 1 without back building it and you'll be thankful you did! How are temps and humidity doing?

Unfortunately both my lights were on that power cord. So they were completely without light. As of now all are showing female and none are showing signs of being Hermie. But I wouldn't be surprised if one or two ends up turning on me with the issues I've had. My portable air conditioner actually has a setting that heats if it gets below 68°, cools at 80°, and dehumidifies in between. My temps are staying in that range. Humidity however gets pretty high, usually between 58%-62%. So I need to add a dehumidifier very soon. So as of now I have a few things that need immediate attention... Humidity, net, extra light, and a major defoliation. I think I'm going to have to pick up a few green lights so I can get stuff done in there during the day.

Trellis net is on. Roughly 6'x10'6"... Wish it was about 8' but i can just tie off anything outside the net

IMG_20150621_111627392.jpg
IMG_20150621_111557646.jpg

There ya go man, looking good. Try to train every one even if you can instead of it reaching towards the light in the center and you'll get a lot better yield if you're utilizing that light. Those girls are going to get huge!

Looking massive BBD! As stevio said, I would definitely try and train those taller branches through the netting by tying them down or super cropping them.

Thank you... I was planning on bending the branches down to keep the canopy as even as possible, unfortunately I don't have the room. My room is 10x15 and the net is 6x10. I already don't have much room to get around the frame of the net, so I couldn't make it any bigger. My plants are extremely close together so if I bend the really tall branches over it will be covering up another plant.

I am contemplating pulling my super silver haze out since she looks like absolute crap. That would give me a little bit of room to work with the healthier plants.

I'm no expert by any means so if this is way off base be my guest to call me a dummy, but with my first grow I cloned once to sex my plant I was so worried about it bein a male, all I did was cut a red solo cup in half and fill it half way with water then take your chosen clone and kinda skin the outside of the stem and put it in the water, don't put it in direct sunlight/light it will dry out the plant an kill it b4 it has time to start rooting, I nvr used any cloning gel or anything jus straight water.

I am having a hard time keeping my humidity low enough. It is stuck around 62%. If this going to cause bud rot? Or will it just slightly increase the odds of bud rot?

That SSH just can't get happy, lol. Not sure, picture makes it hard to tell.

As far as humidity I would try to bring it down a little more if you can but 62% won't kill you if you keep sufficient air movement in the room. I prefer 45% if you were able to find a way to bring it down more but I wouldn't sweat it. I would clear out a lot of the plant at the bottom that isn't get light and burning energy and then put a fan down there to blow air through the bottom of the stems.

That SSH just can't get happy, lol. Not sure, picture makes it hard to tell.

As far as humidity I would try to bring it down a little more if you can but 62% won't kill you if you keep sufficient air movement in the room. I prefer 45% if you were able to find a way to bring it down more but I wouldn't sweat it. I would clear out a lot of the plant at the bottom that isn't get light and burning energy and then put a fan down there to blow air through the bottom of the stems.

Lol I slid that ssh over to make more room for the other plants. Thanks, definitely relieved to hear about the humidity. As for clearing out the bottom of the plants. I'm actually in the process. I have 7 of them done but only have time to get a couple each day before work. I will post pics as soon as I get them all done. The buds seem to have picked up in the last couple days.

I have noticed what looks like small droplets of water on a few of the leaves. Not sure if that's normal but you will probably need pics to know. Should have another update in a couple days.

Day 26 since switched to 12/12. Finally finished defoliating. I know I could have taken more off, but I plan on trying a few things with the trim and popcorn buds.

I ended up putting a dehumidifier in so my humidity is now under control.

IMG_20150704_115731123.jpg
IMG_20150704_115639384.jpg
IMG_20150704_115542059.jpg
IMG_20150704_115531072.jpg
IMG_20150704_115447219.jpg
IMG_20150704_115436656.jpg
IMG_20150704_115429268.jpg
IMG_20150704_115351691.jpg
IMG_20150704_115344279_HDR.jpg

Noticed a few strands of a web forming on one of the plants last night. I have captain jacks dead bug to use but not sure of how and when. Also do I remove the web's or leave them when I spray?

Come to find out, it was not a spider mite web. Just a normal spider web, no damage to the leaves or any sign of mites. Will have an update in a little bit.

Looking good man. Been busy and haven't been able to update my journal. How's everything coming along? It looks like you're going to have a nice harvest. Have you taken off a ton of the undergrowth that isn't getting light?

Back
Top Bottom