BendBender's 1st Grow!

Hi Tmac! well I am harvesting on friday or sunday (my first 6 plants). Ill put lots of pics up then. I have 12 more plants that are flowering and 18 more in the cloner.weeeeeee!

Hi Tmac! well I am harvesting on friday or sunday (my first 6 plants). Ill put lots of pics up then. I have 12 more plants that are flowering and 18 more in the cloner.weeeeeee!

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of all your hard work bender. This is gonna be good! :)

Well, Well Well.... Guess what I did today..... Harvested!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
:roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:

First off... I want to sincerely thank everyone for all of their sage advice and help... especially the Skoots.... I really appreciate it my friends. I would have been fucked without you guys.... thank you very much!

After flushing for 7 days it was time..... I had a lot of small buds and about 20 decent sized ones (about 9" long)... took 2 hours to trim them which I probably shouldn't have done.

Here are the bags as They came out of the MotorHome......
SANY03391.JPG

Here they all are laid out.... Purple Kush up front, Marshmallow in the Middle, and the White Rhino in the back (about 10 lbs undried!) they are laying on a 7 x 8 tarp.
SANY03402.JPG

A pic of the Rhino (2 plants)......
SANY0342.JPG

And the Marshmallow 2 plants).....
SANY0343.JPG

And finally the little Kush.... only one plant made it. the other I found all shriveled up under the marshmallow.
SANY03441.JPG

Lessons learned.....
1 - trimming the bottom branches would have been a good idea. I got a lot of small buds. Also it would have made it a lot easier to inspect the plants in the back.

2 - Temperature control.... too damn cold in there.

3 - Moisture control... found some rotted buds (brown) and some with mold (only about 6 small ones). there are definitely issues with growing in a Motorhome in the winter. Even though I did insulate it with OSB and sound board (sealing it up with spray foam in the gaps). Im hoping I have fixed these issues... After the plants were removed I added some bubble wrap to an old storage box that was built into the MH.... I made a filter box for fresh air with it and I wish I hadnt. It takes up a lot of room and was really letting a lot of cold in. Hopefully that is solved now. some of the buds that were touching the sheet metal of the box were brown... I think from being too cold.

4 - Staking.... The plants started drooping about 6 weeks ago and I just let them go. It wasn't disastrous but I think I would have had better buds if I got more of them standing up.

Now there are 15 more in flowering and 18 more going into vegging tomorrow. Ill be waitng about 2 - 4 weeks before starting another batch of seedlings.

Thanks again everyone for all of your encouragement and advice!

BendBender

Have not seen any gnats yesterday or today.... not saying they are gone yet....and I have a backup plan...some azamax is in the mail. Should get it tomorrow!! Gonna repot my Kushies tomorrow.

Well, Well Well.... Guess what I did today..... Harvested!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
:roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip:

First off... I want to sincerely thank everyone for all of their sage advice and help... especially the Skoots.... I really appreciate it my friends. I would have been fucked without you guys.... thank you very much!

After flushing for 7 days it was time..... I had a lot of small buds and about 20 decent sized ones (about 9" long)... took 2 hours to trim them which I probably shouldn't have done.

Lessons learned.....
1 - trimming the bottom branches would have been a good idea. I got a lot of small buds. Also it would have made it a lot easier to inspect the plants in the back.

2 - Temperature control.... too damn cold in there.

3 - Moisture control... found some rotted buds (brown) and some with mold (only about 6 small ones). there are definitely issues with growing in a Motorhome in the winter. Even though I did insulate it with OSB and sound board (sealing it up with spray foam in the gaps). Im hoping I have fixed these issues... After the plants were removed I added some bubble wrap to an old storage box that was built into the MH.... I made a filter box for fresh air with it and I wish I hadnt. It takes up a lot of room and was really letting a lot of cold in. Hopefully that is solved now. some of the buds that were touching the sheet metal of the box were brown... I think from being too cold.

4 - Staking.... The plants started drooping about 6 weeks ago and I just let them go. It wasn't disastrous but I think I would have had better buds if I got more of them standing up.

Now there are 15 more in flowering and 18 more going into vegging tomorrow. Ill be waitng about 2 - 4 weeks before starting another batch of seedlings.

Thanks again everyone for all of your encouragement and advice!

BendBender

BendBender. Congrats buddy! That is a VERY impressive haul for your first grow. Hell it's a very impressive haul for a FIFTH or TENTH grow lol

It sure looks like you have learned a lot and will go on to grow some amazing pot. Keep up the good work and implement those lessons learned. From what me and Slappy have found out there are always things to learn and do to get better at this. AND it's fun too. Plus even if you make a mistake or 2 along the way you can still smoke your mistakes. Win/win situation :)

Congrats again! Can't wait for the smoke report.

Hi bendbender

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!
:cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom