PantyRaid's 1st Grow - With LST!

Quick update - got this really pretty trich pic tonight from the pizza! Still clear, or is this cloudy?

photo_8_33.JPG

Good weed pr, I saw a question that no one addressed so I'll comment about a coupla things; first, the density is absolutely related to light intensity and quality.....and genetics. I mentor a grower who has similar conditions and I believe that the issue was the proximity of the light to the plants. get em as close as you can without negative affects. The other thing that you mentioned was the substance that appears to be almost weeping from the leaves......kinda drying and getting crusty. I have had this, and the only thing I can figure is that there is an abundance of something that is carried to the leaves and it can't be used completely by the plant and the residue appears on the surface of the eaves. Anyway, that's my theory....LOL, but I have had it on occasions before. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the input - I can't tell which are cloudy or clear! Oh well!

I know I need more light! The problem is, my space is small and those 2 lights are all that will fit. A third wouldn't work. Should I buy new lights? Does anyone have any recs for lights that may fit my small space and are not too expensive?

(also, I'm pretty skilled with DIY stuff so if anyone has any tutorials on making a reflector setup, that would work too!)

I could go back and look forever to find the specs, but exactly what size is your space and what light is running now? The way that I see trichs well ( when I'm looking at clear/cloudy ) is to look at the ones that are profiled on the perimeters....like on the leaf margin....that are profiled. That's the way I can see through them kinda....you'll get the hang of it quickly. The concept is to run as much light as you can while still handling all the other pertinent factors.....from energy usage to available space, with emphasis placed on the control of environmental factors. If you add all that up it will point you to the equipment you need, but it sounds like you're not going to settle til you have a light drenched space.....THAT'S where the big dense fruit is at....as far as light is concerned.

So, theres a light I'm seeing on slamazon that may be decent. I won't link, but if you google "Hydrofarm FLCDG125D Fluorowing Compact Fluorescent System w/CFL Bulb", you'd find it. Will this work, or at least be better than what I have now?

I have 2 of those and I'm very satisfied with their construction, quality and performance. They produce over half of the lighting of my grow, both in wattage and lumens and with the ratchet rope hangers are quite easy to adjust. They can operate in horizontal or vertical positions and the bulbs come in 125 and 200 watt versions. The bulbs put out less heat per watt than the small CFLs I have mounted on the side of my grow box. The only negative is the price of the CFL bulbs. While the fixtures are only around $20 a piece, the 125 CFL bulbs are over $30 a piece, but they appear to be quality bulbs and with a 10,000 hour life expectancy I expect to be able to use them for several grows.

I'll go measure the space and take some pics of it when I get home tonight. It's hard to say!

So, do you think if I got that one with the reflector, plus kept the 2 I have (I think they're 125 but don't remember...), would that be a happy light paradise for the pizzas final weeks?

>>> So, do you think if I got that one with the reflector, plus kept the 2 I have (I think they're 125 but don't remember...), would that be a happy light paradise for the pizzas final weeks?

YES flood her with more light, you won't regret it once harvest time comes around ;)

I'll go measure the space and take some pics of it when I get home tonight. It's hard to say!

So, do you think if I got that one with the reflector, plus kept the 2 I have (I think they're 125 but don't remember...), would that be a happy light paradise for the pizzas final weeks?

Mo light=mo betta, I'm not familiar with those lights.....try to have em leaning toward the warmer side of the spectrum if you're gonna flower with em.

Tulip's old thread on CFLs has some great info:

CFL Light Tutorial

Thanks, reading it now!

Ok, so the bulbs I have in there now : Ecosmart 780-758 (ES5R4232) Details | FindTheBest

There are two of them. It's clearly not enough and I'm so ashamed for neglecting the pizza!!!!

The fixture I was looking at is a 125w CFL bulb that's 6700k. Does it really matter if the color is warm or not? I mean, at the level I'm growing at?

My space is about 1 foot deep, 2 feet wide, and maybe 6 feet vertically.

Thanks so much for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom